Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hasselhoff

Andrew Heaney 2014 Outlook

298 posts in this topic

Finally getting called up with Wolf and Slowey DFA'ed... Plenty of hype behind this kid, what can we expect ROS?

This will be the new thread, or does the minor league thread come over here now? Just wanting to know for future. Thanks.

This will be the new thread, or does the minor league thread come over here now? Just wanting to know for future. Thanks.

New thread...

1 person likes this

Let's hope he follows the same path Jose did...except for...ya know.

Awesome, a thursday starts sets him up for a two start week the following week. :rolleyes:

From Rotoworld...though they tend to be over opinionated. And I don't know what their definition of "front-line starter potential" means. Are they projecting 2 years from now?

"Marlins purchased the contract of LHP Andrew Heaney from Triple-A New Orleans.

One of the top prospects in baseball, Heaney should be scooped up in all fantasy leagues where he is still available. The 23-year-old left-hander was sporting a 2.47 ERA, 1.096 WHIP, and 79/15 K/BB ratio in 76 2/3 innings this season between Double-A Jacksonville and Triple-A New Orleans. He carries front-line starter potential."

From Rotoworld...though they tend to be over opinionated. And I don't know what their definition of "front-line starter potential" means. Are they projecting 2 years from now?

"Marlins purchased the contract of LHP Andrew Heaney from Triple-A New Orleans.

One of the top prospects in baseball, Heaney should be scooped up in all fantasy leagues where he is still available. The 23-year-old left-hander was sporting a 2.47 ERA, 1.096 WHIP, and 79/15 K/BB ratio in 76 2/3 innings this season between Double-A Jacksonville and Triple-A New Orleans. He carries front-line starter potential."

I think that is referring to his potential in general. Anything is possible, but nobody should assume right out of the gate the "Next Jose".

Heaney's fastball tops out at 93. Other than the fact that they play for the same team, there's no valid comparison between Heaney and Jose. Apples-and-oranges types of pitchers...

wow i was lucky to just scoop him up in my 14 team league. Rotoworld released the blurb at 2:59 and I picked him up at 3:13. Theres usually one kid in my league who is glued to the computer 24 hours a day, glad i beat him to it! I think he will fair very well rest of season.

Heaney's fastball tops out at 93. Other than the fact that they play for the same team, there's no valid comparison between Heaney and Jose. Apples-and-oranges types of pitchers...

hmmmm 93 only? why so much hype for this kid?

Track record, lefty with a good slider

Because he can command his pitches which is the most important thing for a pitcher but yet something that no one cares about because the radar gun was invented.

93 not very impressive. If he relies on command then that's tough for a rook. I wish him the best.

Not Officially not in Yahoo league.. My league setting has to be wait till Officially called up to Majors.

Don't get me wrong - I think Heaney will still be very good, perhaps as soon as this season. But he doesn't have Fernandez's upside, and profiles instead as a real-life #2 or #3. Two very different pitchers...

He can dial it up to 95-96 MPH on occasion

His fastball is a plus pitch, folks. Just because it's not thrown 97 MPH doesn't mean it's not effective. He can blow it by hitters just fine. He has good deception on it which helps it sneak up on hitters. He also has great command of the pitch

His FB/Slider are both plus pitches, and his changeup is average with above average potential. He's bringing that to the mound with a good command profile

1 person likes this

93 not very impressive. If he relies on command then that's tough for a rook. I wish him the best.

93 from the left side with command is very tough to hit.

2 people like this

Can't ask for a better match-up for his debut.

I don't know why, but I find it hard to get over excited about pitching prospects like I do over guys like Polanco, Singleton etc. I always value hitters over pitchers. if by some miracle Heaney's available come Wednesday I may add him as a stream option.