Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Savatage79

Your Best 2014 Mock Drafts

Figured this would be an interesting thread to see how some mocks are turning out, Ive got a few but im at work and only got a min here. So wanted to get this rolling for later on, lets see how those mocks are turning out for you guys.

Here is one from the 10 position on FFC.

Starters:

QB: Tony Romo

WR: Victor Cruz

WR: Roddy White

WR: Cordarrelle Patterson

RB Marshawn Lynch

RB: DeMarco Murray

TE: Jason Witten

Bench

QB: Russell Wilson

WR: Mike Wallace

WR: Danny Amendola

RB: Doug Martin

RB: Christine Michael

RB: Darren McFadden

Where they were drafted:

1 Marshawn Lynch - Made it to pick 10.

2 DeMarco Murray - Took him over Ball.

3 Doug Martin - Couldn't pass on him.

4 Victor Cruz - Rebound year in the the WCO?

5 Roddy White -

6 Cordarrelle Patterson - Breakout Candidate.

7 Mike Wallace

8 Jason Witten

9. Christine Michael - Needed to take him higher due to having Lynch.

10. Tony Romo - Good Enough.

11. Darren McFadden - Lottery ticket. Meant to pick Tre Mason.

12. Danny Amendola - This low, why not?

13. Russell Wilson

Not bad. What was your reason for Murray over Ball?

My biggest issue is a bit to much Dallas In there.

1. Graham

2. Dez

3. Spiller

4. Cruz

5. Patterson

6. Gerhart

7. Ridley

8. Matt Ryan

can't remember past that point but I would go ape**** for this team. my ideal perfect scenario. i'd be fine with Foles too

May be not the best, but an interesting 12 teamer from pick 5 this a.m. when nerves over US-Germany got the best of me:

1 Forte

2 Gio

3 Cobb

4 Spiller

5 Gore

6 Bell, J.

7 Brady

8 Reed

9 F. Jackson

10 S. Watson

11 Pierce

12 Amendola

13 H. Miller

14 Wheaton

15 Steelers DST

If a real one trading for a WR or 2 soonest

QB Aaron Rodgers

RB Adrian Peterson

RB LeSean McCoy

WR Calvin Johnson

WR Demayrius Thomas

TE Jimmy Graham

Flex Lamar Miller (late round RB1 upside stud)

K Greg 'the leg' Zueirlein

D/ST Raiders (just to make it 'less' stacked)

Bench

Kenny Britt, David Wilson, Christine Michael, Johnny Manziel, Bryce Brown, Clint Dempsey.

I don't know how i pulled it off, but i think i have a pretty good chance of winning a league with this...

I am very interested in witten this year. Age and performance last year worries me a bit.

May be not the best, but an interesting 12 teamer from pick 5 this a.m. when nerves over US-Germany got the best of me:

1 Forte

2 Gio

3 Cobb

4 Spiller

5 Gore

6 Bell, J.

7 Brady

8 Reed

9 F. Jackson

10 S. Watson

11 Pierce

12 Amendola

13 H. Miller

14 Wheaton

15 Steelers DST

Not bad, I'd be ok with that setup. I'd of probably grabbed a wr instead of gore or joique tho perhaps.

Ball has never been a top running back before. In the first two rounds I like to draft someone who has actually "done it before".

I agree on the Dallas overload. I'm not overly fond of any of the Dallas players I picked. I took Murray just to go RB-RB at the end of round 1 since I've been going WR WR in mock drafts. I took Witten because the other TE's came off the board before I could pick them, and Romo was simply the best QB available after I missed out on Brady late.

QB Aaron Rodgers

RB Adrian Peterson

RB LeSean McCoy

WR Calvin Johnson

WR Demayrius Thomas

TE Jimmy Graham

Bench

Kenny Britt, David Wilson, Christine Michael, Johnny Manziel, Bryce Brown, Clint Dempsey.

I don't know how i pulled it off, but i think i have a pretty good chance of winning a league with this...

Of course you do, because you picked Zueirlein.

QB Aaron Rodgers

RB Adrian Peterson

RB LeSean McCoy

WR Calvin Johnson

WR Demayrius Thomas

TE Jimmy Graham

Bench

1 Forte

2 Gio

3 Cobb

4 Spiller

5 Gore

6 Bell, J.

7 Brady

8 Reed

9 F. Jackson

10 S. Watson

11 Pierce

12 Amendola

13 H. Miller

14 Wheaton

15 Steelers DST

I like some of your RBs but 7 of them to only 4 WRs? and 3 of those are iffy late rounders. I'd feel like I blew it if I drafted this one.

Might be because last season the whiniest, most annoying douchebag in my league drafted very RB heavy, passed on WR in the process, and then spent the whole season b****ing because no one would bite on the ridiculous trade offers he made.

1 Forte

2 Gio

3 Cobb

4 Spiller

5 Gore

6 Bell, J.

7 Brady

8 Reed

9 F. Jackson

10 S. Watson

11 Pierce

12 Amendola

13 H. Miller

14 Wheaton

15 Steelers DST

I like some of your RBs but 7 of them to only 4 WRs? and 3 of those are iffy late rounders. I'd feel like I blew it if I drafted this one.

Might be because last season the whiniest, most annoying douchebag in my league drafted very RB heavy, passed on WR in the process, and then spent the whole season b****ing because no one would bite on the ridiculous trade offers he made.

Yep. It's a strange one isn't it? Basically, the desirable WRs were always scooped up ahead of me leaving nothing but higher (in my) ranking RBs and few drafted reasonable RB depth. I trade a lot in this league so being so RB heavy wouldn't be a long term issue plus only 2 WRs are required starters and up to 4 RBs are startable.

1 Forte

2 Gio

3 Cobb

4 Spiller

5 Gore

6 Bell, J.

7 Brady

8 Reed

9 F. Jackson

10 S. Watson

11 Pierce

12 Amendola

13 H. Miller

14 Wheaton

15 Steelers DST

Not bad, I'd be ok with that setup. I'd of probably grabbed a wr instead of gore or joique tho perhaps.

I only posted it because it was so strange. Gore was impassable for me as I rank him much higher than most. Joique was a "what now?" pick when Floyd was drafted right before me (by a team with 1 rostered RB) and the next highest WR on my board was Terrance Williams who I (incorrectly) thought would still be there after the turn and his absence made Brady another "what now?" pick. Basically the desirable WRs just kept eluding me the whole draft.

Shouldn't this be over in the AC forum?

I don't want it over there. This isn't asking for any assistance, its simply a discussion of people's mocks.

Shouldn't this be over in the AC forum?

its simply a discussion of people's mocks.

Which has nothing to do with this forum. It's summer, so the mods are pretty lenient.

Ball has never been a top running back before. In the first two rounds I like to draft someone who has actually "done it before".

I agree on the Dallas overload. I'm not overly fond of any of the Dallas players I picked. I took Murray just to go RB-RB at the end of round 1 since I've been going WR WR in mock drafts. I took Witten because the other TE's came off the board before I could pick them, and Romo was simply the best QB available after I missed out on Brady late.

I hear ya. I think for me if I take Ball its just gambling on the fact he's on one of the best offenses going, I think its a pretty good cause to take that chance, but that's just me.

I feel with Moreno out Ball will have a pretty solid season.

FFCalc 10 team PPR from the 9th spot. Essentially my template thus far in the year, where who falls to the 2nd round, alters where I go for following rounds. Everytime I take an 3lite QB in the 3rd round, I end up hating my team.

1: Dez

2: Thomas

3: Spiller

4: Gronk/Julius

5: Patterson

6: B-RB-A or RG3

7: Wallace

8: S.Jax

9: Cam

2: Graham

4: Harvin

6: B-RB-A or RG3

7: Wallace

9: B-RB-A or Cam (Based on 6)

2: Lynch

4: Harvin or Gronk/Julius

6: RG3

7: Wallace if TE in the 4th

Just did an early QB to round out the above post: 10 team, ppr, 9 spot

Dez

AJ

Brees

Spiller

CP84

Cameron

Joique

S.Jax

Miller

Decker

Benjamin

Tavon

Dez

AJ

Brees

Spiller

CP84

Cameron

Joique

S.Jax

Miller

Decker

Benjamin

Tavon

See for me, I'd enjoy that team big time.

Dez

AJ

Brees

Spiller

CP84

Cameron

Joique

S.Jax

Miller

Decker

Benjamin

Tavon

See for me, I'd enjoy that team big time.

Yeah, that one worked out well, lot of my early QB drafts were done last month, so I probably wasn't giving it a fair shot.

But outside of mocks, the 3lite won't be falling anywhere near the 3rd round, so I'm not too worried about it. Live drafts always throw you for a loop anyways, so I tend to pick a spot, and then just practice alternative routes.

Am I the only one who doesn't like their team whenever they draft Graham in the 1st? I get how valuable he is to the position, but I feel like the rest of my team is lacking when I take him in the first.

Am I the only one who doesn't like their team whenever they draft Graham in the 1st? I get how valuable he is to the position, but I feel like the rest of my team is lacking when I take him in the first.

The Living the Stream podcast did an episode about why Graham is a bad choice first round, it's a good listen.

The Living the Stream podcast did an episode about why Graham is a bad choice first round, it's a good listen.

I haven't listened to it, but I agree with it's conclusion. The rest of the team is just too weak.