Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Savatage79

Your Best 2014 Mock Drafts

QB: Brady

RB: Forte

RB: Stacy

WR: Julio

WR: Crabtree

TE: Rudolph

Flex: Ellington

Bench:

Michael Floyd

Mike Wallace

Aaron Dobson

Ruben Randle

Toby Gerhart

Steven Ridley

And then a kicker and defense.

This is the best of the two I've done, pick 8, 12 teams

In order

Lynch

Marshall

Ellington

Cruz

Jennings

T Smith

G Tate

Kaepernick

K Robinson

Evans

Benjamin

Ertz

Andre Brown

I got sniped on C Mike in the 9th

TEs went really early so I just waited

Not sure why I grabbed two rookie WRs, but that late the risk seemed low.

Probably my favorite thus far (out of the 1 spot):

QB: RGIII

RB: McCoy

RB: Stacy

WR: Nelson

WR: Cruz

TE: Cameron

Flex: Andre Johnson

Bench:

Stevan Ridley

Steven Jackson

Terrance West

Lamar Miller

Eric Decker

Aaron Dobson

Am I the only one who doesn't like their team whenever they draft Graham in the 1st? I get how valuable he is to the position, but I feel like the rest of my team is lacking when I take him in the first.

The Living the Stream podcast did an episode about why Graham is a bad choice first round, it's a good listen.

got a link?

edit: never mind, found it

Am I the only one who doesn't like their team whenever they draft Graham in the 1st? I get how valuable he is to the position, but I feel like the rest of my team is lacking when I take him in the first.

The Living the Stream podcast did an episode about why Graham is a bad choice first round, it's a good listen.

I haven't listened to it, but I agree with it's conclusion. The rest of the team is just too weak.

i dont agree at all and i think the guys in the podcast are going way overboard with meaningless statistics. you have to look at the alternatives. you also can expect tons of "value" with your first round pick.

here's my ideal mock, I don't think it gets much better:

1. Graham

2. Dez

3. Spiller

4. Cruz

5. Patterson

6. Gerhart

7. MJD

8. Golden Tate

9. Khiry Robinson

10. Russell Wilson

I haven't listened to it, but I agree with it's conclusion. The rest of the team is just too weak.

i dont agree at all and i think the guys in the podcast are going way overboard with meaningless statistics. you have to look at the alternatives. you also can expect tons of "value" with your first round pick.

1. Graham

2. Dez

3. Spiller

4. Cruz

5. Patterson

6. Gerhart

7. MJD

8. Golden Tate

9. Khiry Robinson

10. Russell Wilson

If you're drafting Graham in the 1st you're chasing last years stats. After 2011 was he a 1st round pick? No. He's a solid 2nd round pick, but there is zero value chasing his 2013 stats into the 1st round. Value is a relative term and means different things to different people. In my eyes you should expect tons of value with your first pick. Your first pick should be the bench mark for your team and your most valuable player. There is a difference between a "steal" in the draft, and "value." Drafting McCoy or Charles as #1 overall is value. Essentially value to me is how they will perform relative to their ADP. I don't think Graham will finish the season with the value of a first round pick.

The mock you just posted is ok. I like your WRs, but running back is shaky at best, and Wilson is a QB2.

1. Graham

2. Dez

3. Spiller

4. Cruz

5. Patterson

6. Gerhart

7. MJD

8. Golden Tate

9. Khiry Robinson

10. Russell Wilson

I would hate having to trust this team, Graham is his own debate, we know we disagree there already. Your RBs are shakey and unrealistic (Gerhart is going rounds 3-4 not 6). And waiting on QB is OK, but at least try to get a starter level guy. Wilson's ceiling... well look at it this way, it took a championship season for him to make it to 10th place.

i did a mock on FFC, 3rd position in a 10 teams PPR, and it went bad IMO.

1. Peterson

2. Brees - all the good WR1's were gone, Julio and BMarsh included, and there were some equal-value RB's so i took brees.

3. D. Martin

4. VJax - was the best WR avaiable

5. Patterson - Djax, White and Crabtree were there too, i took the upside guy

6. Joique Bell - All remaining WR's were total crap

7. Ridley - Underevalued , i see him starting in an heavy run offense

8. J.Reed

9. G.Tate- WR's don't get better after being total crap since round 6.

10. K.Robinson - true talent

11. Hopkins - starting to load break-out candidates to save the day at WR's

12. Stills - idem

13. Hunter - idem

14. Arizona

15. Viniateri

Summary

QB : Brees

RB : AP, Martin, J.Bell , Ridley , Khiry

WR : VJax, CP84, G.Tate, Hopkins , Stills , Hunter

TE : Reed

Conclusion : take WR's early there are plenty RB's in the middle rounds worth to gamble on.

i did a mock on FFC, 3rd position in a 10 teams PPR, and it went bad IMO.

1. Peterson

2. Brees - all the good WR1's were gone, Julio and BMarsh included, and there were some equal-value RB's so i took brees.

3. D. Martin

4. VJax - was the best WR avaiable

5. Patterson - Djax, White and Crabtree were there too, i took the upside guy

6. Joique Bell - All remaining WR's were total crap

7. Ridley - Underevalued , i see him starting in an heavy run offense

8. J.Reed

9. G.Tate- WR's don't get better after being total crap since round 6.

10. K.Robinson - true talent

11. Hopkins - starting to load break-out candidates to save the day at WR's

12. Stills - idem

13. Hunter - idem

14. Arizona

15. Viniateri

Summary

QB : Brees

RB : AP, Martin, J.Bell , Ridley , Khiry

WR : VJax, CP84, G.Tate, Hopkins , Stills , Hunter

TE : Reed

Conclusion : take WR's early there are plenty RB's in the middle rounds worth to gamble on.

That's not a bad team. No matter what a person will always have weaknesses. You take that team and HDR some ww gold, and it'd be decent.

12 team standard

meh, I've done worse

1. Adrian Peterson (Min - RB)

2. Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)

3. C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB)

4. Cordarrelle Patterson (Min - WR)

5. Frank Gore (SF - RB)

6. Tony Romo (Dal - QB)

7. Greg Olsen (Car - TE)

8. Terrance Williams (Dal - WR)

9. Terrance West (Cle - RB)

10. Rueben Randle (NYG - WR)

11. Kelvin Benjamin (Car - WR)

12. Lamar Miller (Mia - RB)

13. Jarrett Boykin (GB - WR)

14. Jeremy Hill (Cin - RB)

15. Jordan Matthews (Phi - WR)

1. Graham

2. Dez

3. Spiller

4. Cruz

5. Patterson

6. Gerhart

7. MJD

8. Golden Tate

9. Khiry Robinson

10. Russell Wilson

If you're drafting Graham in the 1st you're chasing last years stats. After 2011 was he a 1st round pick? No. He's a solid 2nd round pick, but there is zero value chasing his 2013 stats into the 1st round. Value is a relative term and means different things to different people. In my eyes you should expect tons of value with your first pick. Your first pick should be the bench mark for your team and your most valuable player. There is a difference between a "steal" in the draft, and "value." Drafting McCoy or Charles as #1 overall is value. Essentially value to me is how they will perform relative to their ADP. I don't think Graham will finish the season with the value of a first round pick.

The mock you just posted is ok. I like your WRs, but running back is shaky at best, and Wilson is a QB2.

i guess we have a different view on things. shaky at best is not how i would describe my rb's at all. Wilson is a QB2? he finished 9th in my league last year and he's getting Percy Harvin back. You can't say it isn't a great team based on the fact that I have a huge advantage at the TE position over everyone else in the league. I see no reason Graham can't repeat his numbers from last year. I also have a much better shot at drafting a sleeper WR or RB who finished in the top 10 at their position than I do finding a breakout TE that even comes close to Graham. How often is there a Julius Thomas? every 5 years?

That's the thing I always feel, you don't just get Graham like production just anywhere. Same with qb, I find elites simply will give you weekly consistency.

10 team PPR on FFC. #7 spot. Pretty much exactly what I'm trying to do this year. Wanted Spiller in place of Vereen but he went right before me.

QB- Brady (9), Kaepernick (10)

RB- Ellington (3), Vereen (4), Mathews (5), Freeman (11), Michael (12)

WR- Demaryius (1), Julio (2), Floyd (6), Sanders (7), Jennings (13)

TE- Reed (8)

To add...if I can get 2 of the elite WRs then get 3 of these RBs I'm happy: Spiller, Ellington, Vereen, Bell, Mathews

Most of the value in this thread lies in the actual draft order / ADP, nobody gives a s--- about your CSB final roster

So, uh, yeah... post your actual draft

Are any people here doing mock auction drafts? It seems that everyone is only talking about snake drafts.

Are any people here doing mock auction drafts? It seems that everyone is only talking about snake drafts.

Good luck doing one which lasts 'til the end.

I'm a big auction guy, most people in mocks generally leave after they get their first 4/5 players

How about from an actual draft...it's a 15 buck buy in...10 team PPR 2 flex

#10 - Murray

#11 - Foster

#30 - Cobb

#31 - M Ball (no way he should have fallen this far)

#50 - White

#51 - Cruz

#70 - Vareen (another that should not have fallen this far)

#71 - Michael Floyd

#90 - Ryan

#91 - Randle

#110 - B Pierce

#111 - Amendola

#130 - Dunbar (Murray handcuff)

#131 - Dobson

#150 - B Cooks

#151 - Patriots

#170 - M Bryant

Love the idea but I actually have a life and auctions take forever.......fooooooreeeeeeverrrrr

I'll do almost one mock auction draft a day. Usually when I get home from work and I make supper or just while watching TV. They take me about two hours. I think I've done about 12 of them so far this month.

There was only one where over half of the people who started the draft actually finished. That was by far the best one.

here is an interesting one for y'all. keeper league with a lot of trades in the prior season that included draft picks. how i mock is i just put auto-draft on and then just see who is available when my actual pick comes up. its kind of a flawed system, but its one of the best ways i've been able to think of since we trade picks a lot in the regular season. i was looking great 2 months ago when i had rodgers, mccoy, morris, and gordon as my 4 keepers, but now i'll probably keep 3 and take whoever is available in the final keeper round. going to be rough because a lot of the wideouts are gone by mid round 4.

12 team, non-ppr, 6+ qb td.

qb - a. rodgers (k)

wr - c. patterson (42)

wr - t. smith (54)

wr - e. decker (73)

rb - l. mccoy (k)

rb - a. morris (k)

te - h. miller (174)

flex - t. richardson (91)

d - chicago (184)

k - G. Gano (187)

b - b. cooks (95)

b - d. bowe (97)

b - j. jones (101)

b - b. pierce (119)

b - t. austin (139)

b - r. helu jr. (147)

my picks

round 1 - Keeper

round 2 - keeper

round 3 - keeper

round 4 keeper or pick 42

round 5 - 54

round 7 - 73

round 8 - 91

round 8 - 95

round 9 - 97

round 9 - 101,

round 10 - 115

round 12 - 139

round 13 - 147

round 15 - 174

round 16 - 184

round 16 - 187

We should see who can get the best draft with Graham going first.

We should see who can get the best draft with Graham going first.

this is probably my favorite mock to date. went a little heavy on the RB depth, but some of those guys fell and i wasn't going to pass that up.

12 team standard, #7 overall

1.07 -- Jimmy Graham

2.06 -- Julio Jones

3.07 -- Alfred Morris

4.06 -- Cordarrelle Patterson

5.07 -- Toby Gerhart

6.06 -- Jeremy Maclin

7.07 -- Chris Johnson

8.06 -- Joique Bell

9.07 -- Ray Rice

10.06 -- Jay Cutler

11.07 -- Rueben Randle

12.06 -- LeGarrette Blount

13.07 -- Doug Baldwin

14.06 -- Lamar Miller

15.07 -- Green Bay D/ST

I don't know if this is my best, but it is my most recent and I was really happy with it.

12 team standard, ESPN website, 5th pick.

1.05 Eddie Lacy

2.08 Brandon Marshall

3.05 Giovani Bernard

4.08 Keenan Allen

5.05 Steven Jackson

6.08 Pierre Thomas

7.05 Golden Tate

8.08 Matt Ryan

9.05 Kyle Rudolph

10.08 Doug Baldwin

11.05 Lamar Miller

12.08 Kenny Stills

13.05 Markus Wheaton

14.08 Saints DST

15.05 Andre Holmes

16.08 Dan Bailey

In a real draft, I don't suspect I'd get Lamar Miller in the 11th round, so realistically I probably would have drafted James Starks there or maybe taken a different WR in the 11th and waited until the 12th for Starks, depending on what the board looked like.

I don't know if this is my best, but it is my most recent and I was really happy with it.

12 team standard, ESPN website, 5th pick.

1.05 Eddie Lacy

2.08 Brandon Marshall

3.05 Giovani Bernard

4.08 Keenan Allen

5.05 Steven Jackson

6.08 Pierre Thomas

7.05 Golden Tate

8.08 Matt Ryan

9.05 Kyle Rudolph

10.08 Doug Baldwin

11.05 Lamar Miller

12.08 Kenny Stills

13.05 Markus Wheaton

14.08 Saints DST

15.05 Andre Holmes

16.08 Dan Bailey

In a real draft, I don't suspect I'd get Lamar Miller in the 11th round, so realistically I probably would have drafted James Starks there or maybe taken a different WR in the 11th and waited until the 12th for Starks, depending on what the board looked like.

hmmmm, i doubt any of the highlighted folk are typically available at those positions