Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Savatage79

Your Best 2014 Mock Drafts

Bernard is regularly available at that spot. I don't usually target Allen so I can't speak to him, and I already acknowledged I'd never nab miller there.

Also, the title of this thread is not "most realistic mock drafts 2014"

We should see who can get the best draft with Graham going first.

I just finished doing a 12 team mock on fantasyfootballcalculator.com and I had the 10 spot. I managed to get Graham there. Here's how my draft went.

1. J. Graham TE

2. L. Bell RB

3. R. Bush RB

4. P. Garcon WR

5. A. Johnson WR

6. M. Ryan QB

7. J. Edelman WR

8. B. Pierce RB

9. D. Woodhead RB

10. K. Rudolph TE

11. R. Wilson QB

12. STL DEF

13. G. Jennings WR

14. S. Hauschka K

15. Marquise Lee WR

Can you guys access yahoos fantasy football page?

I did a mock draft,and I clicked away from the page but thought damn I wanted to go back for something and boom got 999 error. And my mock results aren't coming to my email, they haven't the last few.

I had a decent Graham first draft

After drafting Graham first I find that it's hard to put together a great team. I feel mine is ok but it's really lacking some elite players. It could just be that it's all because of the 10 spot too. Taking Graham first makes it very hard to get a good group of RBs.

But see the rationale for it though can be said for if you have elite RBs, youre going to be weak somewhere...theres always that trade off. Having the number 1 of a certain position buys you room to be a little weak somewhere. Plus, when you bank on breakout players and hoping to get them, I just feel that fantasy is all about taking those gambles.

But see the rationale for it though can be said for if you have elite RBs, youre going to be weak somewhere...theres always that trade off. Having the number 1 of a certain position buys you room to be a little weak somewhere. Plus, when you bank on breakout players and hoping to get them, I just feel that fantasy is all about taking those gambles.

It can be said, but not really truthfully. Getting a QB or TE early is the best way to make sure your team has hole. Supply and demand, skill tier fall off and position scarcity make that pretty plain in a typical league.

10 team PPR with the 10th pick. Took Graham Round 1. Not sure I like it so much.

1- Jimmy Graham

2- AJ Green

3- Keenan Allen

4- Zac Stacy

5- Bishop Sankey

6- Michael Floyd

7- Mike Wallace

8- Ray Rice

9- Bernard Pierce

10- Terrance West

11- Philip Rivers

12- Russell Wilson

13- DeAndre Hopkins

14- Aaron Dobson

15- Houston DEF

You guys should mock on FFC. The mocks on espn/yahoo/etc are the most unrealistic ever. If you're playing for any sort of real money against any competition, it's just a waste of time.

But see for QB at least, I feel what you're getting is certainty. RBs scare me big time, every play could potentially be their last for a game. Whereas with QBs, there are guys that are so reliable that having that assurance i think is viable.

I just feel that having two of the best any position is something that can carry if one fills in the holes elsewhere nicely.

It can be said, but not really truthfully. Getting a QB or TE early is the best way to make sure your team has hole. Supply and demand, skill tier fall off and position scarcity make that pretty plain in a typical league.

But see for QB at least, I feel what you're getting is certainty. RBs scare me big time, every play could potentially be their last for a game. Whereas with QBs, there are guys that are so reliable that having that assurance i think is viable.

I just feel that having two of the best any position is something that can carry if one fills in the holes elsewhere nicely.

I'm not sure what you're saying here.

All I'm saying is that sure having top tier RB talent is great,but one can still have an advantage at top TE and QB as the drop off is another huge drop. No other TE is going to give you what a Graham will. Flashes sure but not almost weekly dominance.

I feel RBs get injured more than any other position in the grand scheme, so backups are more likely find their way to lineups. Bryce Browns, Bobby Rainey's etc...are always cropping up in seasons more often than just grabbing the next monster TE or QB mid season.

I just feel a season is so much more than the initial draft as a ton can change, and I like banking on reliability when I can.

Shouldn't this be over in the AC forum?

its simply a discussion of people's mocks.

Which has nothing to do with this forum. It's summer, so the mods are pretty lenient.

We have mock draft discussions in Basketball, baseball, football and pretty much all sports on here for years and years and years...heck we even have our own mock drafts where we, the members of RW, drafting on here...different type of formats and settings...standard...PPR...quite a few of those every year, and those threads usually generate some of the best discussions and strategies...so stop with this over-policing crap...I usually don't single out anyone but it is quite annoying to see people complaining about someone actually trying to discuss fantasy football on a fantasy football forum.

Anyway, I usually do my mocks after preseason games are done...we have our drafts a few days before the season begins...so that's more accurate...but some interesting discussions going on already...so carry on guys...

All I'm saying is that sure having top tier RB talent is great,but one can still have an advantage at top TE and QB as the drop off is another huge drop. No other TE is going to give you what a Graham will. Flashes sure but not almost weekly dominance.

I feel RBs get injured more than any other position in the grand scheme, so backups are more likely find their way to lineups. Bryce Browns, Bobby Rainey's etc...are always cropping up in seasons more often than just grabbing the next monster TE or QB mid season.

I just feel a season is so much more than the initial draft as a ton can change, and I like banking on reliability when I can.

It's true, no other TE will give you what Graham gives you... unless Gronk stays healthy.

It's also true that Graham is outscored by several players at every other position, and you need to start more players at at least two of those positions, but it's about team building and there are different approaches that we can disagree on and still pull out FF wins.

The problem I have is when you said that drafting an early RB leaves a hole on your team, a bust might, but the early RBs that don't bust will lead to a huge advantage over a team that starts in a hole because they drafted Graham out of fear of a bust. Bryce Browns and Bobby Raineys aren't going to make up the difference. The Graham owner has to have an excellent draft and the rest of the league has to mess it up or be plagued with multiple injuries for Graham to make the difference.

Just a couple other random points... the draft can totally make or break your season, I finished with 8 of my original 11 drafted offensive players (only 3rd place, but as the regular season points and wins leader). Only my Flex slot was different on week 16 than it was week 1 (I did get lucky dodging major injuries). And the team that drafted Graham first round managed 11th place out of 12.

You guys should mock on FFC. The mocks on espn/yahoo/etc are the most unrealistic ever. If you're playing for any sort of real money against any competition, it's just a waste of time.

Is FFC fantasyfootballcalculator?

Yep

Yep

That's what I thought. That's the only one I use for snake drafts. I like being able to see what my team is projected to score each week. It gives me something to use to compare each draft. So far my best was a score was 126.7 with the number one pick.

It's true, no other TE will give you what Graham gives you... unless Gronk stays healthy.

It's also true that Graham is outscored by several players at every other position, and you need to start more players at at least two of those positions, but it's about team building and there are different approaches that we can disagree on and still pull out FF wins.

The problem I have is when you said that drafting an early RB leaves a hole on your team, a bust might, but the early RBs that don't bust will lead to a huge advantage over a team that starts in a hole because they drafted Graham out of fear of a bust. Bryce Browns and Bobby Raineys aren't going to make up the difference. The Graham owner has to have an excellent draft and the rest of the league has to mess it up or be plagued with multiple injuries for Graham to make the difference.

Just a couple other random points... the draft can totally make or break your season, I finished with 8 of my original 11 drafted offensive players (only 3rd place, but as the regular season points and wins leader). Only my Flex slot was different on week 16 than it was week 1 (I did get lucky dodging major injuries). And the team that drafted Graham first round managed 11th place out of 12.

But thats the thing, by saying "but the early RBs that don't bust will lead to a huge advantage over a team that starts in a hole because they drafted Graham out of fear of a bust"...makes it almost like its guaranteed your first tier RBs wont bust, which there is never a sure bet...thats why in the end ultimately the guy who has Charles could do amazing or lose, and the guy who has Graham first could do amazing or lose. Thats the absolute brutal reality of fantasy even though many of us like to grab numbers and %s and make arguements, which is the fun of fantasy...there truly is no absolute guarantee.

What im saying about RBs isnt to not draft them, i totally agree with it. But what im saying is when youre out of ELITE RB1 range, grabbing a Graham isnt imho a deal breaker. Because i view it like this, instead of taking a low end RB1...id rather take a HIGH end number 1 player of another position.

Yes its a gamble, and yes i may struggle at RB...but ill make up for it while others who are stacked at RB might struggle at WR or TE or QB.

The variables are insane with fantasy, there are to many variables. Like you mentioned the graham owner finishing 11th out of 12. That sadly means zilch because what sort of weeks was he up against? He could be the player that puts up 150 weekly but gets someone on their incredible week and just trumps it. He could of been a bad WW player. He could of been bad at simply setting lineupes...to many variables, it doesnt really mean that simply because he had Graham first pick that its why he lost. Because in one of my leagues a guy who had graham simply shredded people. But again variables.

So thats all im saying is ultimately nothing is a for sure bet. I love my top tier RBs, love them. But when im out of that range just like when people who reach for Megatron, or reached for Andre Johnson in the first rounds...i feel its just as viable to grab a Graham or Gronk in the first pick when hes back to being Gronk, for a chance to have ridiculous additions to your team.

But again ill reiterate, not opposed to picking RBs first...but when youre out of that top 5-6 range especially this year, i think reaching for the next best positions is definitely viable.

Mock I just did:

McCoy

Marshall

Nelson

Ellington

Cameron

Sankey

Ridley

RGIII

Decker

Miller

Brady

Cooks

C.Michael

Jones

Browns D

Bailey

Id enjoy that team. Did that on an ESPN 10 man.

FFC 14 teamer

QB Kaep

RB Stacy

RB Vereen

WR Megatron

WR E Sanders

TE J. Thomas

Flex MJD

Bench Bowe, Boldin, CJ Anderson

FFC 14 teamer, my favorite draft I've done so far

QB Newton

Rb Morris

RB Ellington

WR DThomas

WR Crabtree

TE Pitta

Flex E. Sanders

We have mock draft discussions in Basketball, baseball, football and pretty much all sports on here for years and years and years...heck we even have our own mock drafts where we, the members of RW, drafting on here...different type of formats and settings...standard...PPR...quite a few of those every year, and those threads usually generate some of the best discussions and strategies...so stop with this over-policing crap...I usually don't single out anyone but it is quite annoying to see people complaining about someone actually trying to discuss fantasy football on a fantasy football forum.

Anyway, I usually do my mocks after preseason games are done...we have our drafts a few days before the season begins...so that's more accurate...but some interesting discussions going on already...so carry on guys...

Couple of things.

1) I didn't say, "don't talk about fantasy football on this forum." This thread seems like one big "rank my best mock" thread. And after casually looking through the replies such as "your mock isn't bad," it pretty much confirms that this thread is exactly that. Which means it belongs in the AC forum, not this forum. Or if there is a 2014 "Cool Story Bro" thread, it deserves to go there.

2) The reason why the different type of format threads generate great conversation is because those are general football strategy threads. Not, "who can get the best mock with graham as their first round pick? GO!"

3) I didn't care to comment further about this thread until you singled me out. So what exactly was the goal of your comment?

Definitely agree. FFC is the one I personally always use.

<p>

Savatage79

Posted Yesterday, 11:05 PM

Mock I just did:

McCoy

Marshall

Nelson

Ellington

Cameron

Sankey

Ridley

RGIII

Decker

Miller

Brady

Cooks

C.Michael

Jones

Browns D

Bailey

Id enjoy that team. Did that on an ESPN 10 man.

You're High on Ridley, Lamar Miller and c. Michael especially for a 10 teamer imo. Cameron too

(Lamar bound to change come preseason)Top 5 pick obviously with shady

12 team FFC (10th pick)

QB: Tony Romo

RB: Reggie Bush

RB: Joique Bell

WR: Brandon Marshall

WR: Vincent Jackson

WR: Jeremy Maclin

TE: Jimmy Graham

Mike Wallace

Jeremy Hill

Mike Evans

Carlos Hyde

12 team FFC (10th pick)

QB: Tony Romo

RB: Reggie Bush

RB: Joique Bell

WR: Brandon Marshall

WR: Vincent Jackson

WR: Jeremy Maclin

TE: Jimmy Graham

Mike Wallace

Jeremy Hill

Mike Evans

Carlos Hyde

Two RBs from the same pass first team? That's a good way to limit your week to week upside. Not how I'd want to start the season.