Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Savatage79

Your Best 2014 Mock Drafts

<p>

Savatage79

Posted Yesterday, 11:05 PM

Mock I just did:

McCoy

Marshall

Nelson

Ellington

Cameron

Sankey

Ridley

RGIII

Decker

Miller

Brady

Cooks

C.Michael

Jones

Browns D

Bailey

Id enjoy that team. Did that on an ESPN 10 man.

You're High on Ridley, Lamar Miller and c. Michael especially for a 10 teamer imo. Cameron too

(Lamar bound to change come preseason)Top 5 pick obviously with shady

Thats where this year though i feel its sort of a "weird" zone. Like here were the few rounds after:

62) Team Nature Boy - Stevan Ridley RB

(63) Kings Court - Jason Witten TE

(64) Team afterh0urs3 - Sammy Watkins WR

(65) Team Patridge - Shane Vereen RB

(66) Team Dena..Legend32 - Panthers D/ST D/ST

(67) Team BOSS - Jeremy Maclin WR

(68) Team BUDDZ - Rashad Jennings RB

(69) Team Rag9016 - Emmanuel Sanders WR

(70) Team jon101426 - Torrey Smith WR

Round: 8

(71) Team jon101426 - Julian Edelman WR

(72) Team Rag9016 - Pierre Thomas RB

(73) Team BUDDZ - Marques Colston WR

(74) Team BOSS - Toby Gerhart RB

(75) Team Dena..Legend32 - Greg Olsen TE

(76) Team Patridge - Michael Floyd WR

(77) Team afterh0urs3 - Knowshon Moreno RB

(78) Kings Court - Reggie Wayne WR

** (79) Team Nature Boy - Robert Griffin III QB

(80) Team 1 - Mike Wallace WR

Round: 9

(81) Team 1 - David Wilson RB

** (82) Team Nature Boy - Eric Decker WR

(83) Kings Court - Chris Ivory RB

(84) Team afterh0urs3 - Josh Gordon WR

(85) Team Patridge - Dennis Pitta TE

(86) Team Dena..Legend32 - Nick Foles QB

(87) Team BOSS - 49ers D/ST D/ST

(88) Team BUDDZ - Rams D/ST D/ST

(89) Team Rag9016 - Danny Woodhead RB

(90) Team jon101426 - Russell Wilson QB

---

Those rounds to me its all sort of fading together, know what i mean? Like i guess i could of went Gerhart as more of a sure bet. But im banking on getting the guys that i feel will have a better year, i think Ridley is one of them.

Like those rounds in all my mocks im sort of just in a dead zone it feels as nobody really jumps out as bad but nobody jumps out as amazing either. Maybe Torrey Smith or PT are better choices around then.

12 Team PPR (6th Pick)

QB: Newton

RB1: Forte

RB2: Bell

WR1: A. Johnson

WR2: Maclin

TE: Clay

Flex: Tate

D: Rams

K: Prater

Bench: Shorts, Bradshaw, Cooper, Randle, Eli Manning

Pretty happy with this one, feels like a well rounded team.

Probably my favorite thus far (out of the 1 spot):

QB: RGIII

RB: McCoy

RB: Stacy

WR: Nelson

WR: Cruz

TE: Cameron

Flex: Andre Johnson

Bench:

Stevan Ridley

Steven Jackson

Terrance West

Lamar Miller

Eric Decker

Aaron Dobson

I could get down with that team.

Probably my favorite thus far (out of the 1 spot):

QB: RGIII

RB: McCoy

RB: Stacy

WR: Nelson

WR: Cruz

TE: Cameron

Flex: Andre Johnson

Bench:

Stevan Ridley

Steven Jackson

Terrance West

Lamar Miller

Eric Decker

Aaron Dobson

I could get down with that team.

Yea I like that team as well, I'd roll with it.

We have mock draft discussions in Basketball, baseball, football and pretty much all sports on here for years and years and years...heck we even have our own mock drafts where we, the members of RW, drafting on here...different type of formats and settings...standard...PPR...quite a few of those every year, and those threads usually generate some of the best discussions and strategies...so stop with this over-policing crap...I usually don't single out anyone but it is quite annoying to see people complaining about someone actually trying to discuss fantasy football on a fantasy football forum.

Anyway, I usually do my mocks after preseason games are done...we have our drafts a few days before the season begins...so that's more accurate...but some interesting discussions going on already...so carry on guys...

Couple of things.

1) I didn't say, "don't talk about fantasy football on this forum." This thread seems like one big "rank my best mock" thread. And after casually looking through the replies such as "your mock isn't bad," it pretty much confirms that this thread is exactly that. Which means it belongs in the AC forum, not this forum. Or if there is a 2014 "Cool Story Bro" thread, it deserves to go there.

2) The reason why the different type of format threads generate great conversation is because those are general football strategy threads. Not, "who can get the best mock with graham as their first round pick? GO!"

3) I didn't care to comment further about this thread until you singled me out. So what exactly was the goal of your comment?

I've already had a couple in depth strategy discussions in this thread. Putting up mocks is a good way to show your draft philosophy and have it critiqued. Specific examples generate conversations that generalizing wont. Sure there'll be 'cool story bro' comments, but there's also a lot of 'I don't think that specific pick was smart, how about this alternative...', or 'I think this strategy would have made that team stronger'. I would think this is the perfect forum for hypotheticals and mocks, and the AC forum is more for actual team management questions.

Those rounds to me its all sort of fading together, know what i mean? Like i guess i could of went Gerhart as more of a sure bet. But im banking on getting the guys that i feel will have a better year, i think Ridley is one of them.

Like those rounds in all my mocks im sort of just in a dead zone it feels as nobody really jumps out as bad but nobody jumps out as amazing either. Maybe Torrey Smith or PT are better choices around then.

i think you're right in that the only other real options right around then are probably guys like PT and maybe chris johnson if he falls. the RBs i pointed out aren't that bad actually, and you got pretty good value on your rookie picks (sankey, cooks)

fwiw, i haven't seen gerhart or floyd drop to round 8 in any mocks i've done so far

I'm gonna keep doing ESPN drafts, even tho they aren't perfect I do think you get a more focused group. But yea, was surprised Gerhart lasted.

I'm torn this year on ridley and vereen, I feel both are in for decent years. But I always seem to get to that point in drafts where I want one of them and its a toss up.

We have mock draft discussions in Basketball, baseball, football and pretty much all sports on here for years and years and years...heck we even have our own mock drafts where we, the members of RW, drafting on here...different type of formats and settings...standard...PPR...quite a few of those every year, and those threads usually generate some of the best discussions and strategies...so stop with this over-policing crap...I usually don't single out anyone but it is quite annoying to see people complaining about someone actually trying to discuss fantasy football on a fantasy football forum.

Anyway, I usually do my mocks after preseason games are done...we have our drafts a few days before the season begins...so that's more accurate...but some interesting discussions going on already...so carry on guys...

Couple of things.

1) I didn't say, "don't talk about fantasy football on this forum." This thread seems like one big "rank my best mock" thread. And after casually looking through the replies such as "your mock isn't bad," it pretty much confirms that this thread is exactly that. Which means it belongs in the AC forum, not this forum. Or if there is a 2014 "Cool Story Bro" thread, it deserves to go there.

2) The reason why the different type of format threads generate great conversation is because those are general football strategy threads. Not, "who can get the best mock with graham as their first round pick? GO!"

3) I didn't care to comment further about this thread until you singled me out. So what exactly was the goal of your comment?

I've already had a couple in depth strategy discussions in this thread. Putting up mocks is a good way to show your draft philosophy and have it critiqued. Specific examples generate conversations that generalizing wont. Sure there'll be 'cool story bro' comments, but there's also a lot of 'I don't think that specific pick was smart, how about this alternative...', or 'I think this strategy would have made that team stronger'. I would think this is the perfect forum for hypotheticals and mocks, and the AC forum is more for actual team management questions.

Does what forum a thread was posted in on Rotoworld really mean that much to you guys? Don't see how it affects your posting in any way.

Here's my latest draft from the 7th spot in a 12 team draft. Graham went 5th overall.

1. E. Lacy RB

2. M. Lynch RB

3. Brees QB

4. W. Welker WR

5. J. Edelman WR

6. J. Witten TE

7. G. Tate WR

8. T. West RB

9. D. Amendola WR

10. C. Shorts WR

11. C. Hyde RB

12. STL DEF

13. C. Clay TE

14. S. Hauschka K

15. E. Manning QB

Results from a FFC 12 Team Standard Draft. I had the 6 Pick.

QB: Brady, Romo

RB: Spiller, Jennings, C. Johnson

WR: Megatron, Marshall, Benjamin, Stills, Hopkins

TE: Davis, Bennett

DEF: Texans

K: Bryant

Results from a FFC 12 Team Standard Draft. I had the 6 Pick.

QB: Brady, Romo

RB: Spiller, Jennings, C. Johnson

WR: Megatron, Marshall, Benjamin, Stills, Hopkins

TE: Davis, Bennett

DEF: Texans

1) Megatron

2) Marshall

3) Spiller

4) Jennings

5) C. Johnson ??

maybe V. Davis I guess

mock draft thread, not mock final roster. this info basically tells us nothing

I forgot to mention that mine was a ppr draft on FFC.

http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/draft/2183586

Looks I forgot Terrance West but its

1. Calvin

2. Marshall

3. Spiller

4. Jennings

5. C Johnson

6. Vernon

7. Brady

8. Terrance

9. Romo

10.K Benjamin

11. K. Stills

12. Deandre Hopkins

13. Bennett

14.Texans

15. And David Akers but I would have went with Matt Bryant. I just left early

Did my first Live auction draft on ESPN tonight. It was a 12 team PPR league. Here are the results.

QB Cam Newton $20

RB Matt Forte $60

RB Le'Veon $39

WR Julio Jones $35

WR Wes Welker $14

TE Jordan Cameron $8

Flex Julien Edelman $11

K Justin Tucker $1

Def Bengals $2

B Christine Michael $1

B Eric Decker $3

B Khiry Robinson $1

B Zach Ertz $2

B Mike Evans $1

B Ryan Tannehill $1

B Rueben Randle $1

10 team:

1.06 Eddie Lacy

2.05 Julio Jones

3.06 Andre Ellington

4.05 Victor Cruz

5.06 Bishop Sankey

6.05 Rob Gronkowski

7.06 Tom Brady

8.05 Kendall Wright

9.06 Stevan Ridley

10.05 Terrance West

11.06 Kyle Rudolph

12.05 Ruben Randle

13.06 Aaron Dobson

14.05 New England Defense

15.06 Matt Bryant

QB: Brady

RB: Lacy, Ellington, Sankey, Ridley, West

WR: Jones, Cruz, Wright, Randle, Dobson

TE: Gronk, Rudolph

D: New England

I just realized I went very NE heavy. I'm very happy with the way it turned out and I think I got pretty fair round value for all players.

So, for those who don't know, FFC has a 'lineup calculator'

I've been drafting multiple ways, from multiple spots today.

Essentially, it uses the sites projections, to show you your average Points Per Week.

According to their projections, the best Mock I've done so far is the following:

10 Team, PPR/Flex

***All of the following exclude Defense and Kickers, any have no bye week QBs or TE's***

5 spot: 106.9 Point per Week.

Tron

Julio

Nelson

Gronk

R.Jennings

CJ?K

RG3

S.Jax

MoJo

*This one is less likely, because Lynch shouldn't fall this far in the 2nd, but... sobeit

I just thought it was odd that even with Lynch this late, I still couldn't beat the above Mock.

4 Spot: 105.6 PPW

Tron

Lynch

J.Thomas

Harvin

CP84

Mathews

CJ?K

S.Jax

Cam

1 Spot: 104.3 PPW

McCoy

Cobb

Brees

Cruz

CP84

Cameron

S.Jax

Tate

8 Spot: 103.4 PPW

Dez

AJ

Cobb

Ellington

Jennings

Cameron

RG3

Can anyone beat these under the same circumstances?

Been essentially playing a completely different game with mocks today, lol.

Edit: For what it's worth, I haven't been able to break 100 with Graham in the 1st yet.

If I could go WR > Graham I'd do it, but it's an extreme rarity that he isn't gone in the 1st these days.

Live Drafts are now open on ESPN.

I chose to do one now, to see how accurate my early pre season hunches are at seasons end. For free. Without losing money.

This one might take the cake:

10 team from the 10 spot.

1.10 D Thomas

2.01 AJ Green

3.10 R Cobb

4.01 A Ellington

5.10 R Mathews

6.01 T Gerhart

7.10 R Jennings

8.01 S Ridley

9.10 K Wright

10.01 T Romo

11.10 K Rudolph

12.01 R Randle

13.10 A Dobson

14.01 STL D

15.10 M Bryant

QB: Romo

RB: Ellington, Mathews, Gerhart, Jennings, Ridley

WR: Thomas, Green, Cobb, Wright, Randle, Dobson

TE: Rudolph

D: STL

Most of the RBs will not be available in the rounds I drafted them in.

1 QB1

5 starting RBs

3 WR1s, 3 WR2/3s

1 TE1

I'm not sure if I could have a better draft......if only it was real.....

So this one is for the free live draft I mentioned a few posts up. It was nice because everyone stayed the entire draft since it's for a free league, so I can assume it's reasonably accurate. I didn't see any picks that raised an eyebrow until Victor Cruz went in the late third. After that nothing but 1 or 2 up until the point where reasonable people can start disagreeing. Anyways, I am pretty happy with it. I went Ball in round 2 rather than a receiver because the best one on the board was Jordy, so I gave him up and took Cobb, which is pretty much the same in my eyes. Umm, yeah receivers went pretty quick in this draft and I was lucky to land Garcon as a WR2 but I did so yeah that's tight. I was really looking to draft Ladarius Green in round 13 as an insurance policy on Kyle Rudolph since I think surely one of them will be good this year, but he was taken. Christine Michael I took because my handcuff was drafted and I think Michael has a chance to play since I have a supernatural hunch Lynch is gonna get injured this year. Riley Cooper and Streater have a lot of upside, Cooper more so of course, and Amendola's upside is through the roof if he can stay healthy, which is worth the risk to me in the 11th this season as opposed to the 5th or whatever I drafted him last season. I would have liked my WR2 to be a little stronger but I have great RB depth and a good combination of high floor/high upside people to compliment each other.

1.04 Matt Forte

2.09 Montee Ball

3.04 Randall Cobb

4.09 Pierre Garcon

5.04 Rashad Jennings

6.09 Shane Vereen

7.04 Golden Tate

8.09 Matt Ryan

9.04 Kyle Rudolph

10.09 Riley Cooper

11.04 Danny Amendola

12.09 Markus Wheaton

13.04 Cristine Michael (I s--- you not, someone drafted CJ Anderson before this)

14.09 Patriots D/ST

15.04 Rod Streater

16.09 Adam Vinatieri

Just had my best mock auction draft ever. I input my result at footballguys.com to see what their grade is and I received a 99% chance to make the playoff based on their opinions. I had a really good feeling before I submitted it anyways. ESPN PPR Auction draft.

QB Andrew Luck $13

RB Matt Forte $56

RB Toby Gerhart $7

WR Calvin Johnson $46

WR Roddy White $15

TE Rob Gronkowski $20

Flex Torrey Smith $11

Def Chiefs $2

B Frank Gore $15

B Joique Bell $9

B Darren McFadden $1

B Andy Dalton $1