Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stopmakingsense

Anthony Davis 2014-2015 Season Outlook

Day-to-day, MRI revealed no structural damage.

Hopefully AD follows the path of Stephen Curry and gets all the injuries out of his system. I remember a few years back when Dorito Ankles would suffer a sprain by just sitting down and not move a muscle.

I hope so too. I had doubts about Curry for the longest time because of his Dorito Ankles.

Sits out for a week, comes back and average 30 and 15 for 2 weeks, then gets hurt again and sits a week. Rinse and repeat

NEW ORLEANS – The New Orleans Pelicans announced today that forward Anthony Davis has been diagnosed with a right shoulder sprain. An MRI conducted by the team’s medical staff this morning confirmed the right shoulder sprain. The injury occurred at the 3:38 mark of the first quarter in last night’s game against the Miami HEAT. He is expected to miss 1-2 weeks.

Additionally, Ryan Anderson underwent an MRI this morning and has been diagnosed with an MCL sprain in his right knee. The injury took place at the 9:41 mark during the second quarter of last night’s game against the Miami HEAT. He is expected to miss 2-4 weeks.

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/pelicans-injury-update

You know it's interesting, I had the 3rd pick in my 16-team draft, and AD was still on the board. I spent my entire 60 seconds debating between him and Harden. It came down to who was more likely to get injured, and I gotta say I feel I made the right decision.

It's sad to say, but I don't ever see AD playing 80+ games in an NBA season. He is the epitome of "high risk, high reward". After seeing him last season and this season, he wil always be that guy who plays 65-70 games a year, tops.

As long as he's healthy for the playoff schedule it doesn't really matter, unless you're struggling to make the playoffs.

Injuries are indiscriminate. Even durable Westbrook and KD got bit by the injury bug. AD is a peerless talent. Long as he's ready come playoff time, it's been a true blessing having him as a center piece.

Injuries are indiscriminate. Even durable Westbrook and KD got bit by the injury bug. AD is a peerless talent. Long as he's ready come playoff time, it's been a true blessing having him as a center piece.

Exactly. Just got a memo that KD just underwent surgery, of coursre there's a difference in history but still, it can happen to anyone.

Exactly. Just got a memo that KD just underwent surgery, of coursre there's a difference in history but still, it can happen to anyone.

Like last season when I drafted Marc Gasol, a big reason being because of his legendary durability. What happened? Injured right out of the gate and he missed 2 1/2 months.

So they have told us he will be out for 1-2 week. Do you guys think he will miss longer?

winning is good! Keeps pelicans in the hunt and makes AD even more motivated to beast!

winning is good! Keeps pelicans in the hunt and makes AD even more motivated to beast!

I was thinking the same thing today as I rooted for the pels haha

I hope somehow they keep winning and give AD enough time to recover. SA is looking shaky right now, so who knows what may happen if the Pels stay in the hunt,

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, February 26, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by phatrat, February 26, 2015 - No reason given

I'm really struggling with him out because I was one that traded for him ( two top 20 talents) in two leagues.

I can't even get any value through a trade because of the injury.

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, February 26, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by phatrat, February 26, 2015 - No reason given

Need AD Back. Lost Nurkic and LA isn't the same also with his thumbs...

Anyone give AD any chance to play tonight? It's been a week since he last injured his shoulder.

pretty sure he will take the full 2 weeks at least to heal

Which is still plenty of time before playoffs start, and if you have a bye (which you should as AD owner) thats 2 weeks

The rate the Pelicans are going AD wont be back for another 2 weeks!

Fighting for a play-off spot so I need him LOL

I'm close to losing my #1 seed here. C'mon man get back in there.

I'm close to losing my #1 seed here. C'mon man get back in there.

#firstseedproblems