Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stopmakingsense

Anthony Davis 2014-2015 Season Outlook

I have my concers about him this season. With Asik there and Anderson being back, and some other players, I could see his numbers dip a bit. Still elite though

Posted · Hidden by Red Sox Nation, October 19, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Red Sox Nation, October 19, 2014 - No reason given

If I got AD as my first rounder. I would go with Drummond, Bosh or Horford as my 2nd pick. 3rd I would go for a pg. If lillard, Lowry, monta(2 for 1 positions) is available I'll grab. Or pull a kawhi or Rudy in 3rd. And grab a rondo or MCW in 4th or 5th.

That's what I did. AD, Bosh, Lowry.

I have my concers about him this season. With Asik there and Anderson being back, and some other players, I could see his numbers dip a bit. Still elite though

dumb concerns

I am going with 3 C/PF with my first 3 picks with AD being my #1. Absolutely dominate FG%, Rebs, Blks and hope to win 2 of the other 6 cats with later round picks. Really hoping it works out for me.

Go for TOs (sneaky), steals, and FT% too. Davis is so versatile that it makes it very easy if not the easiest to build around him. There's few, if any, glaring weaknesses in his fantasy game. Many GMs fail to realize how valuable %s and TOs are in standard settings; there's less variability in those cats week by week compared to counting categories e.g. points imo . If you're dominating %s and TOs, in addition to blocks and steals each matchup, your squad will be difficult to beat. So proud to be an AD owner this season B)

I am going with 3 C/PF with my first 3 picks with AD being my #1. Absolutely dominate FG%, Rebs, Blks and hope to win 2 of the other 6 cats with later round picks. Really hoping it works out for me.

Go for TOs (sneaky), steals, and FT% too. Davis is so versatile that it makes it very easy if not the easiest to build around him. There's few, if any, glaring weaknesses in his fantasy game. Many GMs fail to realize how valuable %s and TOs are in standard settings; there's less variability in those cats week by week compared to counting categories e.g. points imo . If you're dominating %s and TOs, in addition to blocks and steals each matchup, your squad will be difficult to beat. So proud to be an AD owner this season B)

Absolutely, I traded Kyrie for him this offseason and enjoyed trying to build a good team around him. As he is strong in just about every area except assists, I targeted Dirk (to pair with Harden's FT% as well) to build on the %'s and grabbed Hibbert and Jonas to try and anchor the blocks while buffing the ft% as well.

I would really liked to have had Marc Gasol or Vucevic to add with him, but they went for quite more than they were worth in the draft.

Looks like a lot of people are naturally coupling AD with Dirk . I also tried to focus on bolstering the steals with him by going for PGs that really excel in that area (as well as Jimmy Butler - who steals, and gets to the line at a good clip).

Oh most certainly. I am targeting guards with low T/O but high steals. Thank you btw :) Hope AD works out HUGE for all AD owners :)

Appears that he has a right wrist sprain. Anyone watch the game to see how it happened?

Was watching the game, and I guess it must have happened on offensive end trying to get rebounding position.

He didn't flinch or look to be in any pain whatsoever, so you'd think it's nothing serious. But given his history, it is a concern.

Fingers crossed.

He constantly reminds us of the injury risk he is. I'm one of the many owners that made a huge investment in him, so I'm hoping he can give me 75-80 games this year. I was a bit negative on him at first but I've decided to raise my expectations on him. Asik will take some boards away but Davis should play around 10 mins more per game than Asik. While Anderson/Gordon/Tyreke are all ball hogs, the coaches have made it clear that any of those guys could just as easily come off the bench. Davis won't be a go-to offensive type of player (solely because of the talent around him), but with all of his hustle, speed, and put backs..it would be hard for him to dip too far below 20 ppg. Assuming this wrist injury is minor and he's out there opening day, I think we are looking at a nice 22 & 10 with 1.2 steals, 2.6 blocks, 1.8 dimes, 52% fg, 80% ft. Has the upside to top all of those, as well.

Posted · Hidden by Red Sox Nation, October 21, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Red Sox Nation, October 21, 2014 - No reason given

@Jim_Eichenhofer

Anthony Davis jammed his left index finger in 1st half. X-rays were negative. He is available to return to the game in 2nd half

whew...

@Jim_Eichenhofer

Anthony Davis jammed his left index finger in 1st half. X-rays were negative. He is available to return to the game in 2nd half

whew...

that was from heat game. this is a wrist injury

oh crap!

With the Durant injury, I'd take him #1 overall. His injury risk is scary, but still worth the #1 pick. He's going to be fun to own.

I've got his FT% being up around the 82.5% mark which makes him undisputed #1 in 9-cat for me.

But yeah, I'm looking at 22.5pts, 9 rebs, 1.2stls, 2.9 blocks on 52%/82.5%.

Would pairing him with Bosh & Lowry be a good start?

Hes the number 1 pick for sure. THe injury risk puts me off, but I wouldnt take anyone else over him at number 1 in virtually any setting.

I don't blame anyone for taking AD with first pick but i took curry and personally i think he is the better choice for a couple of reasons

1. in h2h leagues he has a 4-4-4 schedule (one more game than AD in finals week)

2. less of an injury risk (until AD proves he can play near a whole season there is legit concern, i think he can though)

3. i prefer the 8+ assists and the ridiculous near 3.5 3s made to ADs biggest strengths which are fg%, blocks, and turnovers. I might get some hate for this but if Bosh plays as most people project this year and averages 20 and 9 with 1/1/1 or close to it with about 50-52% fg and 80+% ft, the only category he is far off AD in is blocks. Al Jeff as well is not super far off ADs numbers, with blocks being the exception

4. find it easier to build a team with a pg considering all of the elite or potentially elite pgs are gone within the first 3 rounds and yet there are top tier bigs like Bosh,Millsap, and Gasol that are often there at the end of the 2nd, and potentially Horford or Gasol in 3rd, also bigs with breakout potential and big ceilings there in the 4th/5th like Favors, Faried, Vucevic and later ones with sleeper value and breakout potential like Sullinger, T Jones, Valanciunas, Mason Plumlee.

now with all of that said. the numbers jorgo projected i think are a low estimate. i think more like 23-24 points 10 boards with 1.6 steals and 2.8 blks

Anyone here have any confidence that Davis plays 72+ games this year? His added muscle gives me some durability hope but it always seems like awkward little nagging injuries that force him to miss time: wrist, finger, etc. If he can miss less than 10 games I'm beyond pumped for his potential this year.

Posted · Hidden by Patrick Bateman, October 29, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Patrick Bateman, October 29, 2014 - No reason given

FUKK THIS BATTYBOI