Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheToeStompers

Atlanta Falcons 2014 Season Outlook

43 posts in this topic

I'm curious if or how much Hard Knocks will bump the ADP of these guys...

Julio 18

Roddy 51

S-Jax 68

Matty 80

Devonta 115

Those are their 12 team standard FFC positions on Sunday July 6

Julio seems like a good pick this year. The RB situation is too murky even with a camera on them. Roddy is fading but still solid.

Julio 18

Roddy 51

S-Jax 68

Matty 80

Devonta 115

It's only natural that it functions as a commercial for how much potential they all have, especially following such a let down last year.

However, if anyone is seen sitting in ice baths or getting big screws in their feet x-rayed...that commercial effect could go the other way or level it some.

In the end, the focus tends to be on breakout rookies and guys struggling to make the team, so...the change in adp might apply mostly to Freeman.

I still can't figure out why any team would invite the distraction.

Extremely suspect defense = fantasy gold with their offense.

Jones if healthy will always be a beast and White is a pretty solid PPR guy.

Not a fan of SJAX any longer...

If Julio looks explosive and back to form, his adp should get higher from the show.

not much wiggle room there, he's already going mid 2nd right around Marshall and AJ

won't be falling to the bottom i guess

They will lure you into drafting SJax by giving you a close-up view of him doing things like: sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber, looking jacked as hell while lifting weights, 1x1 interviews of him stating how he wants to prove that he has something left, dreads flapping around while he drops the shoulder on some bastard from practice squad, behind the scenes footage of Hugh jackson saying, 'dayummm he playin like he 21!!', etc.

6 people like this

They will lure you into drafting SJax by giving you a close-up view of him doing things like: sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber, looking jacked as hell while lifting weights, 1x1 interviews of him stating how he wants to prove that he has something left, dreads flapping around while he drops the shoulder on some bastard from practice squad, behind the scenes footage of Hugh jackson saying, 'dayummm he playin like he 21!!', etc.

LMAO! Now that's funny. Especially the dreads part. Watch it be in slow mo, looking all dramatic

I could see it affecting Freeman the most. Just look at what it did for Bernard last year. It's one of the reasons I felt so high on him.

I still think Steven Jackson has some left in the tank. He was pretty ok in the last 7 or 8 games last season. I think he will break 1000 yards and still get all the goal line work.

I HAAAaaaaaaaate the falcons are on hard knocks.

Was really lolling forward to discounts.....hate hard knocks.

Can't believe Julio's price went UP after needed foot surgery again

Can't believe Julio's price went UP after needed foot surgery again

I know what you're saying but I think it's just as much about other guys prices going down. People have never been as anti-RB as they've been this year.

haha this is so true. He'll tear up some weak defense for 120 yards and 2 TDs week 1 but blow out his hamstring on the last drive of the game and be out for 6 weeks. Try to play in week 5 and give you 30 yards on 15 carries and then be out for another 2-3 weeks.

True

He is pretty jacked though

Hard knocks kills value and creates overpriced guys.

If I was coach I would avoid it like the plague.

Awesome 1st ep!

Immediate reaction:

Mike Tice is a tool but at least he's promoting a more physical approach. Matthews is a great 1st round pick.

Davonta Freeman is likable and talented...but seems like he might be easily rattled.

The coaches are as annoyed with Steven Jackson as his fantasy owners.

Roddy White and Harry Douglas are hilarious.

Coach Smith has a...bit of a Jeff Garcia thing happening.

Bryan Cox...or Red Foxx?

Very good TV...I can't imagine this team not bouncing back in a big way.

1 person likes this

I like how SJax is mentoring the rbs and Freeman. Was funny when Freeman got hit in that Friday night scrimmage and was complaining how the guy came out of nowhere. Sjax just laughed and said something like, "that's what they do."

As a Julio owner in multiple leagues, it was epic to see him beat that defender for a long td and show off his jets. Means absolutely nothing, but was still nice to see.

2 people like this

Hate hard knocks with a white hot passion as a fantasy drafter.

Last thing I want is more people seeing a healthy roddy.

At least djax is hurt.

Julio is already to rich for my blood

Julio 18

Roddy 51

S-Jax 68

Matty 80

Devonta 115

Check in on Aug 6, one day after The show started

Julio 15

Roddy 44

S-Jax 74

Matty 79

Devonta 111

Let's see if the show will have an effect.

I like how SJax is mentoring the rbs and Freeman. Was funny when Freeman got hit in that Friday night scrimmage and was complaining how the guy came out of nowhere. Sjax just laughed and said something like, "that's what they do."

That was my favorite scene. Sjax talking to the group of RBs, that was some inspiring s---.

1 person likes this

Not a great episode of Hard Knocks tonight, but a very interesting tidbit from the preseason game against Miami where Matt Ryan is talking to Roddy White about playing in the slot and how Tony Gonzalez made all his catches in the slot. Anyone know if Roddy played there before or is this something new? I always thought he was strictly an outside wr.

I said it elsewhere, but it's more appropriate here:

Roddy White and Julio Jones will both catch at least 85 passes this year (assuming healthy), and Harry Douglas will catch 70+ passes even with RW and JJ playing 16 games.

1 person likes this

I'm not the most knowledgable when it comes to schemes and what not , but it almost seems like roddy white will be in the slot w Julio and Douglas on the outside. They want roddy to fill the void in the middle left because of no Gonzalez. He could catch a ton of passes if this is the case.

I finally got around to watching episode 1 of Hard Knocks. Wtf is Biermann doing wearing that skin tight velour jumpsuit when they're filming in his home? And Freeman, are you really just sipping on a Capri Sun like a damn third grader when you're out looking at real estate?

That's pretty much all I took from the episode.

1 person likes this