Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tm30

Brady Aiken - SP CLE

4 hours ago, LoGo said:

Nice....Thanks for posting this.....I'm sooo f-ing excited. I doubt he will pitch too many games in the AZL....He's way too advanced...I expect him to go straight to Mahoning Valley after a couple of starts and if he dominates in SS, then he might finish out the year where be belongs in LOA lake county. I'm excited

29 minutes ago, JakeSarna said:

Nice....Thanks for posting this.....I'm sooo f-ing excited. I doubt he will pitch too many games in the AZL....He's way too advanced...I expect him to go straight to Mahoning Valley after a couple of starts and if he dominates in SS, then he might finish out the year where be belongs in LOA lake county. I'm excited

Given his arm injury and the fact that he's only 19, I'd be very very surprised if the organization sprints him through the ranks this year. They will absolutely baby his arm... As they should. Nonetheless, it's a great sign to see him finally get on the hill. 

48 minutes ago, PavementRunner94 said:

Brady Aiken’s post-Tommy John performance has Indians ‘worried’

Seems a little premature to be "worried", no? 

I'd take that article with a grain of salt.. maybe less..

I've actually seen the exact opposite that the Indians aren't worried at all with the numbers and are just glad he's back and throwing the ball.. I don't think anyone was expecting him to come out and just blitz the entire AZL.. Except maybe Jessica Klienschmidt.. the kid just had TJ, what 14 months ago? 

I'll look for the quote, believe it was in a baseball america chat, that he was mainly sitting 88-92 with his fastball and that his curve looked terrific.. 

Of course she got her information from an "unnamed scout".. give me a break, unless it's a rookie, most scouts know that scouting the stat line is a big no-no.. 

This isn't the quote I was talking about but is from Eric Longenhagen from Fangraphs..

2:51

The Ghost of Luis Medina: Brady Aiken pitched his first two professional games over the past week. He was limited to two innings each time. Any updates on how he looks?

2:52

Eric A Longenhagen: He was 88-92 for me last Monday with a 55 breaking ball. Had better command of the curve than the fastball. Change was like 81-83 and a 40. There’s video from that start on the FG YouTube page.

Here's one from KLAW as well..

JV (Cleveland): Any early reports on Triston McKenzie, Brady Aiken or Juan Hillman as their pro careers get underway?
Klaw: Yep. All good. Hillman especially good early. Aiken’s healthy with good velocity so far.

35 minutes ago, JenksDodger said:

I'd take that article with a grain of salt.. maybe less..

I've actually seen the exact opposite that the Indians aren't worried at all with the numbers and are just glad he's back and throwing the ball.. I don't think anyone was expecting him to come out and just blitz the entire AZL.. Except maybe Jessica Klienschmidt.. the kid just had TJ, what 14 months ago? 

I'll look for the quote, believe it was in a baseball america chat, that he was mainly sitting 88-92 with his fastball and that his curve looked terrific.. 

Of course she got her information from an "unnamed scout".. give me a break, unless it's a rookie, most scouts know that scouting the stat line is a big no-no.. 

This isn't the quote I was talking about but is from Eric Longenhagen from Fangraphs..

Here's one from KLAW as well..

I was pretty much thinking all of this as I read article. ?

He's walked 10 batters in his first 8.2 of A ball. Not pretty.

3 hours ago, fletch44 said:

He's walked 10 batters in his first 8.2 of A ball. Not pretty.

Yeah he hasn't looked good so far.  He's still young though and not far removed from TJ.  But there are certainly many pitching prospects with far lesser name recognition (really 0) that are already further advanced.