Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Topgun

Shane Greene 2014 Outlook

70 posts in this topic

A starters who could have been called up, but none of them were close to appealing. Even starting Greene was a stretch, but, Girardi said, he's got the most starts down there and could eat the most innings out of any of them.

A ringing endorsement

His stuff could play in Yankee Stadium: Armed with a 94 mph sinker, Greene might get a good amount of ground balls — a blessing for any pitcher in The Bronx. His fastball sits between 94 and 92 mph.

His slider is the main pitch for him that is nasty and it is a plus pitch that goes well with his fast ball.

Looking at this guy's minor league stats (pretty large sample size of suck), I'd stay away...

The Orioles seem to always struggle vs these mediocre guys making their first appearance against them. I wouldn't take a lot away from that outing.

I'm taking a chance. Baltimore may struggle against pitchers they haven't seen but thats still a very good hitting team that he shut down. I'm buying.

The Orioles seem to always struggle vs these mediocre guys making their first appearance against them. I wouldn't take a lot away from that outing.

The Indians also? Greene just put up a pretty damn solid two-start week on 90% of the WW's in FB. However...as Travis pointed out, his MILB stats indicate mediocrity or worse. I grabbed him because you never know, and I had the room. As a Yankee's fan, I'd love to see him continue to pitch like this.

He's 6-4 with a fastball that can get up to 95-96 mph and a hard, good slider. His first couple of starts, while teams don't have much info on him, he could fare very well. I'm not sure about his long term success, but he's worth a shot.

Posted · Hidden by Red Sox Nation, July 14, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

Once the O's saw him the second time around, he wasn't fooling anyone in that lineup. They quickly knocked him out of the game soon after.

Posted · Hidden by Red Sox Nation, July 14, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

Once the O's saw him the second time around, he wasn't fooling anyone in that lineup. They quickly knocked him out of the game soon after.

Please elaborate, I didn't watch the game but the four hits he had doesn't show very mch.

huh? They knocked him out of the game? Maybe we watched different games?

huh? They knocked him out of the game? Maybe we watched different games?

2nd time around? He went 7.1 innings...4 HA, 2 BBL, 9K, 0ER

I'm confused?

Sorry guys! I thought he pitched last night...Just a minor oversight on my part.

Carry on.

Watching him pitch and watching his slider and fastball mix i liked it, the slider was really good and if he can command his fastball he could have some success.

I think he's worth speculating on (as a very very general statement). His stuff seems to be better than his results (in minors).

So tonight our boy Shane is facing the lowly Rangers, opposed by the great Miles Mikolas and his 10.05 ERA.

Anyone rolling him out there, or does it feel like a trap?

I'm starting him. Rangers lineup has been abysmal. Plus I like the kids stuff a lot. I don't know why he hasn't been successful in the minors because he sure passes my eye test.

Sometimes a new environment, coaching staff, and adrenaline rush does wonders for people.

1 person likes this

I think he has a pretty solid shot for a W against Mikolas