Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheOneAboveAll

Markieff Morris 2014-2015 Season Outlook

404 posts in this topic

So Frye's off to Orlando which means 'Kief will swallow his minutes unless of course they acquire a better forward. I believe he's the better twin brother to own. Pretty impressive per-36 numbers 18/8 48%/79%. His stocks aren't bad either. Plus he can shoot the 3. He's a fringe top-100 player after averaging less than 30mpg. If they don't acquire a better PF he's definitely becomes one of the best sleepers next season.

5 people like this

So Frye's off to Orlando which means 'Kief will swallow his minutes unless of course they acquire a better forward. I believe he's the better twin brother to own. Pretty impressive per-36 numbers 18/8 48%/79%. His stocks aren't bad either. Plus he can shoot the 3. He's a fringe top-100 player after averaging less than 30mpg. If they don't acquire a better PF he's definitely becomes one of the best sleepers next season.

Agreed on all points.

In the middle of a draft right now and this just bumped his value in my book, unless as you mentioned they acquire a better PF.

2 people like this

Assuming no major threats enters the fray at the PF position I will be targeting in all leagues.

3 people like this

Both of them gets a boost, though I am not sure who's better.

Which one shoots better 3?

Marcus is the better 3pt shooter but Markeif is more effective with minutes

If Pheonix does not acquire any competition, they both will see a boost in value. They both get better and better every year. Here are their per 36 numbers respectively.When viewing Per 36 numbers Markieff ranks at 77 in 9-cat, and 62 in 8-cat. When viewing Marcus's Per 36 (not saying that he will get 36 but 25-30 mpg is conceivable) he ranks in at 111 in 9-cat, and 116 in 8-cat. I think Markieff is a good mid-draft option while Marcus is a late draft sleeper.

Marcus:

Marcus-1.jpg

Markieff:

Markieff.jpg

As far as 3 point percentage goes. Markieff shot 31.5 percent last year, while Marcus shot 38.1 percent. Here are their per 36 numbers respectively:

Marcus:

MarcusRef.png

Markieff:

MarkieffRef.jpg

As has been pointed out above, this fool is an enticing sleeper/target. Operating under the assumption that he is the starting PF on opening day, in which round will he go on draft day?

As has been pointed out above, this fool is an enticing sleeper/target. Operating under the assumption that he is the starting PF on opening day, in which round will he go on draft day?

Depends on the quality of owners in the draft. In a competitive draft I say 7th thru 9th round. Any other opinions?

He'll be one of those "sleepers" that everyone targets so he doesn't end up a true sleeper. However, unless Phoenix brings in competition, I think he'll beat his ADP. Should be a top 75 pick imo. His numbers could look very similar to what Bosh did last year, minus some 3's and fg%. My only red flag would be that he shot poorly his first 2 seasons, but I am happy to see that he shot well for the entire season last year (worst month 44.7%). If they use him to jack up some 3's like Frye, while it'd hurt his shooting, he would be a legit 1/1/1 3pm/blk/stl contender. Overall I see him as a top 50 player this year. Yes, I'm high on this guy.

2 people like this

He'll be one of those "sleepers" that everyone targets so he doesn't end up a true sleeper.

This is what I'm thinking as well especially If Rotoworld & ESPN rank him around his projected value then that takes him out of the "sleeper" territory. I personally have him as a fringe top-100 as of now.

If he gets the starter role, Kief is gonna give us:

16 ppg, 8 rpg, 2 apg, 1.2 spg, 0.8 bpg on 47%. Less than a three per game but will have nights where he hits a couple.

That works for a variety of team builds, and I think I was pretty conservative. Love the upside here, but like others have said, the cat's pretty much out of the bag unless you play with newbs.

1 person likes this

I actually had Markieff pretty much the whole season last year. He's going to be a beast with more minutes. 3s, steals, blocks... especially steals and ft% (and a bit of 3s) is what separates him from the average ogre-bigs. Very tough to find bigs who can knock down the freebies and contribute in steals.

His twin will shoot more 3s. Markieff is the better one though.

Bumping this thread, I really like Markieff this season but probably won't go for Marcus. 14/6 last season could turn into 16/8 with almost 1/1/1 and acceptable percentages

1 person likes this

Would you draft Marcus after drafting Markieff and vice versa as a hedge? Their value seen intricately related. Or would you draft neither and invest those two roster spots elsewhere?

Personally I think just Markieff is enough.

I have no interest in Marcus. I would love to grab Markieff for his upside, but his status as a "sleeper" will be well and truly dead by the time draft time rolls around.

Lets face it, he'll only be a "sleeper" in public leagues full of clueless random people. You ain't sneaking this guy past anyone on any competent money league. As soon as the end of the 4th round nears, I'll be going "who's going to grab Markieff"?

Lets face it, he'll only be a "sleeper" in public leagues full of clueless random people. You ain't sneaking this guy past anyone on any competent money league. As soon as the end of the 4th round nears, I'll be going "who's going to grab Markieff"?

I had him last year and he was fun to own, but I'm not touching him before R7-8

Kieff is rumored to have signed an extension for a 4-Yr/$32M contract, his brother also extended with a 4-Yr/$20M contract.

Looks like PGs aren't the only young talents the Suns are locking up for the next few years.

that team is destined for mediocrity man. lol

Fwiw I read they were 31-12 when Eric Bledsoe was healthy. Not saying that is repeatable, but they project to have two awesome guards on the floor at all times and other competent players. They probably won't surprise anyone and could fall back to mediocrity, but if Markieff takes a step forward it could help them remain a borderline playoff team. Center projects to be a troublesome spot for them though, and I could see many undersized line ups with both Morris bros at the 4/5.

Love Kieff, think with 28-32 minutes per game he will shine. Especially considering that they need rebounds and some toughness on D, which Fyre lacked.