Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GottaGetTheWin

2014-15 Worst Trade Proposals

12 team 1pt PPR Dynasty League.

Two trades from two different owners came in about 10 minutes apart.

Trade 1: My Josh Gordon for his phil rivers.

Trade 2: My AJ Green for his Dante Moncfrief/1st round pick.

how_about_no_evil.jpg

Philip rivers is money this year...Not a bad trade at all.

And as for the second trade, if you dont think you are a contender, you are getting a 1st round pick. In my leagues AJ green went 2nd

Maybe you missed the part about it being a dynasty. Gordon for rivers in a dynasty is a joke offer.

Owner just traded away Tom Brady for Hillman and Mike Evans..... what do you think about it?

Without knowing context of the league, it seems fair enough in a standard.

Owner just traded away Tom Brady for Hillman and Mike Evans..... what do you think about it?

Sounds like a good trade.

how_about_no_evil.jpg

And as for the second trade, if you dont think you are a contender, you are getting a 1st round pick. In my leagues AJ green went 2nd

Maybe you missed the part about it being a dynasty. Gordon for rivers in a dynasty is a joke offer.

I don't know that the Gordon for Rivers is that big of a joke, even in a dynasty league. Gordon brings the risk of possible future suspensions since he has a pretty long history of having suspensions in relation to drugs. Now I'd want something more for Gordon myself and would reject the trade, but I don't think it's the type of trade that belongs in a topic of "worst trade proposals". It isn't a horrible offer.

how_about_no_evil.jpg

I don't know that the Gordon for Rivers is that big of a joke, even in a dynasty league. Gordon brings the risk of possible future suspensions since he has a pretty long history of having suspensions in relation to drugs. Now I'd want something more for Gordon myself and would reject the trade, but I don't think it's the type of trade that belongs in a topic of "worst trade proposals". It isn't a horrible offer.

You'd trade a guy has #1 overall potential at 23 years old for a 32 year old QB who has had to completely reinvent his game after 3 years of awful play(granted he has done a great job of doing it)? Yes, I understand the suspension concerns, but I'm trading a WR in a pass heavy league for an old qb? It isn't like I'm being offered Luck here.

Can I play in a dynast league with you guys? I have Romo in a couple leagues and will gladly give him up for Julio Jones

how_about_no_evil.jpg

You'd trade a guy has #1 overall potential at 23 years old for a 32 year old QB who has had to completely reinvent his game after 3 years of awful play(granted he has done a great job of doing it)? Yes, I understand the suspension concerns, but I'm trading a WR in a pass heavy league for an old qb? It isn't like I'm being offered Luck here.

Can I play in a dynast league with you guys? I have Romo in a couple leagues and will gladly give him up for Julio Jones

Look, you can not like the trade. I said I didn't like it either. But it's not horrible. Rivers hasn't been horrible the last couple years either. He threw for 32 TD's last year. Not sure what league you play in, but that's not horrible. Again, wouldn't have done the deal either, but it's not a horrible offer either for a guy who has potential to be a #1 WR, or the potential to be out of the NFL next year. Gordon doesn't compare to a guy like Julio Jones right now until he can prove he can play a full season without getting himself suspended. I didn't think the trade you started off this thread with was that horrible either (Alshon / Green for White / Sanders), and I'm betting right now you wish you would have taken it. So don't get so excited when someone thinks a trade might not be horrible. Again, wouldn't do this recent deal you listed, but I wouldn't have posted it as a "worst trade proposal" either. People see other players values differently sometimes. It's not like it was Phillip Rivers for Megatron or Brown or AJ Green or someone like that.

Guy in my league has Stafford and Rogers (Both have week 9 bye). Offered Cam Newton for Stafford to cover his bye and he counters with my Arian Foster for his Stafford. (12 man keeper league where everyone is short on RB's). Listen, I know the Cam for Stafford is somewhat lowball, but an elite starting running back for your QB2. Come on.

my Ronnie Hillman for his Roddy White & Brandin Cooks

my Ronnie Hillman for his Odell Beckham & Brandin Cooks

Guy offered me Eddie Lacy for Alfred Morris last week even though I was covered on my bye week replacements. I laughed at him.

I lost Palmer this week, and an owner in our league has Big Ben(whom he got off waivers and hasn't used), Aaron Rodgers and Flacco, also has a shorty RB situation and weak WR, I offered hillman and Lafell for Ben(has a by week and is bad on the road), and he countered with wanting Eddie Lacy and Lafell for Big Ben and Knile Davis(I do not own Jamaal Charles).

Guy offered me Eddie Lacy for Alfred Morris last week even though I was covered on my bye week replacements. I laughed at him.

I lost Palmer this week, and an owner in our league has Big Ben(whom he got off waivers and hasn't used), Aaron Rodgers and Flacco, also has a shorty RB situation and weak WR, I offered hillman and Lafell for Ben(has a by week and is bad on the road), and he countered with wanting Eddie Lacy and Lafell for Big Ben and Knile Davis(I do not own Jamaal Charles).

Someone offered you Eddie Lacy for Alfred Morris and you said no? Why?

my Ronnie Hillman for his Roddy White & Brandin Cooks

my Ronnie Hillman for his Odell Beckham & Brandin Cooks

Probably should have done that one.

This is worst ever and the guy swears he was serious... "figured I'd try" was the response I got when I laughed in his face...

My Josh Gordon for his Matt Ryan and Alfred Blue... WTF?

how_about_no_evil.jpg

It really depends on the needs of the team, even in a dynasty league.

If you need QB help *right now* and you're a contender with a bad QB and deep at WR, Rivers might help you this year.

Not saying it's a great trade or anything, but in a similar situation we've seen real life examples where a team will trade away top prospects to help them win this year. Sure it hurts their future, but if they can win a championship now it's probably worth it.

Someone offered you Eddie Lacy for Alfred Morris and you said no? Why?

Haha, i just re-read what i wrote... I typed the trade backwards, he asked me to trade him my Eddie Lacy for his Alfred Morris.

I needed a TE a couple weeks back offered AJ Green for Graham (this was when both were battling injuries) He had Dwayne Allen and was weak at WR.

His counter ...Dwyane Allen for my Calvin Johnson

Her bernard pierce for my josh gordon in week 1.

Gordon was still suspended for the season at that point..

Her bernard pierce for my josh gordon in week 1.

Back in week 1 that would have been a fine trade. To get someone considered a low end #1 RB for someone who wasn't going to be playing until now.

In a dynasty league I offered someone keenan allen and Ray Rice for Mccoy. I kinda assumed that this wouldn't get him but I expected him to at least send a reasonable counter. His response was Greg Jennings, Daniel Thomas and Coby Fleener for Deandre Hopkins, Terrance West and Zach Ertz. But after I declined that he sent me Jeremy Maclin for Keenan Allen and Ray Rice. Both of these offers took me about 2 seconds to decline.

Should have accepted