Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GottaGetTheWin

2014-15 Worst Trade Proposals

The worst trades are the the ones other owners make without looking at your roster to see if it will even benefit you. Thank you for offering me Tom Brady for one of my starting RBs. If I didn't already own Aaron Rodgers...

I hate the trades where they offer you 3 or 4 mediocre guys, mostly from their bench, for your 1 stud. Usually it's the same guy always offering these trades. If I can actually start all those guys because my team is decimated by injury or sucks that bad then fine, but that's almost never the case and they never bother to check before sending the trade.

I hardly ever counter a trade...if someone offers me a dumb offer I don't even bother declining I just leave him wondering till the trade expires...if I offer a trade I'll offer the same player to 4-5 teams first person to accept gets the trade.

So you're the guy

In a dynasty league I offered someone keenan allen and Ray Rice for Mccoy. I kinda assumed that this wouldn't get him but I expected him to at least send a reasonable counter. His response was Greg Jennings, Daniel Thomas and Coby Fleener for Deandre Hopkins, Terrance West and Zach Ertz. But after I declined that he sent me Jeremy Maclin for Keenan Allen and Ray Rice. Both of these offers took me about 2 seconds to decline.

In a dynasty league I offered someone keenan allen and Ray Rice for Mccoy. I kinda assumed that this wouldn't get him but I expected him to at least send a reasonable counter. His response was Greg Jennings, Daniel Thomas and Coby Fleener for Deandre Hopkins, Terrance West and Zach Ertz. But after I declined that he sent me Jeremy Maclin for Keenan Allen and Ray Rice. Both of these offers took me about 2 seconds to decline.

Most bad trade offers get bad counters in return.

That's not a terrible trade at all. It's one that the Jordy owner probably won't make at this point in the season, unless he drafted horribly. But down the road the Crabtree/Gerhart side could easily win that trade.

This is why I hate veto voting being allowed in leagues. Some people may actually veto that trade thinking it's lopsided which is ridiculous.

Was just offered Crabtree and Gerhart for my Jordy. Absolutely not.

Ive seen worse. Especially if you have a need at the RB position.

What are people talking about with these trade offers. That Crabtree + Gerhart for Jordy seems pretty legit. However, I am super high on Jordy (have him ranked 11th overall in my league) and I have Gerhart as a 3rd rounder crabtree as a 4th. It's a reasonable starting point for a trade IMO.

What are people talking about with these trade offers. That Crabtree + Gerhart for Jordy seems pretty legit. However, I am super high on Jordy (have him ranked 11th overall in my league) and I have Gerhart as a 3rd rounder crabtree as a 4th. It's a reasonable starting point for a trade IMO.

I see what you guys are saying, but I also have McCoy, Rice, and Joique Bell, so I didn't think twice about declining.

I see what you guys are saying, but I also have McCoy, Rice, and Joique Bell, so I didn't think twice about declining.

Again your logic assumes other buy into the idea that rice will go back to normal next year and not break down or be forced into a smaller role by Pierce.

If someone is not high on rice then they might use as RB1 with McCoy and low end rb2 to flex level backs. Thus maybe needing a rb viewed as more a standard level to high end rb2

Guys, because this thread tends to get bogged down with AC content and comments, we're going to move it over there as we did in previous seasons. This will open up the dialogue you can have about your specific teams and analysis of certain offers which will allow you more freedom on the subject. Thanks.

This is not a bad deal at all if you're thin at RB.. its like trading two 4th round picks for a 2nd

I hardly ever counter a trade...if someone offers me a dumb offer I don't even bother declining I just leave him wondering till the trade expires...if I offer a trade I'll offer the same player to 4-5 teams first person to accept gets the trade.

I hate people that intentionally leave trades open. So freaking rude. Then they wait for their player to get injured and accept.

You are among the worst types of people.

I sure wouldn't be stoked about those 3 RBs...

I hate people that intentionally leave trades open. So freaking rude. Then they wait for their player to get injured and accept.

Worse than people who make the most retarded trades offers in hopes a meteor falls from the sky crashes into my house knocks me unconcious and maybe just maybe my face hits the accept button?

In a 2 QB league, he offered me:

Steven Jackson

Eli Manning

Eric Decker

For:

Carson Palmer

Markus Wheaton

Cordarrelle Patterson

Eli is a joke, Jackson is hurt and no way am I trading Patterson for Decker.

Hate to break it to you but I have become that rude ahole over the years (not the part about accepting post-injury but about ignoring trade offers)

I'm tired of politely declining only to A) get verbally assaulted for not accepting his ridiculous offer B ) get a 4-paragraph follow up essay by "Professor Fantasy Expert" on how this piss poor trade offer somehow makes my team better C) get inundated with 18 other follow up trade offers which were slight variations of the initial ridiculous trade offer I initially declined or D) I will counter with a fair offer only to be (ironically) ignored or chewed out for having the audacity of offering a fair and balanced trade that benefits both sides. It's easier to just ignore because then numbnuts on the other end moves on to the next owner to bait/harass/insult.

At this point, I find trading the most unpleasant part of fantasy and have taken the mindset that when I draft this is my team and if I need to trade, I will trade with the good ol' waiver wire. She never complains or insults me and is always there for me night and day ready and willing.

There is nothing wrong with leaving trades open. The other owner can just as easily cancel it too. In many setups there is a function to see when an owner last checked their team, which can give you a good clue if they saw it or not. In many leagues, the only thing leaving a trade open hurts is your ability to get more trade offers, as most leagues place a limit on the number of active trade offers one team can have at a time.

As a general practice, one should never leave a trade that they have offered open while a players game is going on. Too many variables there, such as a player you are targeting getting hurt, or an injury to a team member of the guy you are giving up which significantly changes your player's value (think an injury to a starting rb and his backup is the one involved in the trade).

Simple rule, when the trade is on the table, it is fair game. If you don't want it to be fair game, then take twenty seconds to log in and cancel it on your own terms.

Hate to break it to you but I have become that rude ahole over the years (not the part about accepting post-injury but about ignoring trade offers)

I'm tired of politely declining only to A) get verbally assaulted for not accepting his ridiculous offer B ) get a 4-paragraph follow up essay by "Professor Fantasy Expert" on how this piss poor trade offer somehow makes my team better C) get inundated with 18 other follow up trade offers which were slight variations of the initial ridiculous trade offer I initially declined or D) I will counter with a fair offer only to be (ironically) ignored or chewed out for having the audacity of offering a fair and balanced trade that benefits both sides. It's easier to just ignore because then numbnuts on the other end moves on to the next owner to bait/harass/insult.

At this point, I find trading the most unpleasant part of fantasy and have taken the mindset that when I draft this is my team and if I need to trade, I will trade with the good ol' waiver wire. She never complains or insults me and is always there for me night and day ready and willing.

Either you are exaggerating or you play with some freaking douche bags because I've never been bombarded like that. The guys I play with (usually) understand when I counter with a message that says: "I don't want to trade this player" or "I think our values are on very different levels." If I am sending counter offers or initial trade offers it is most certainly going to be in my favor that is how bartering works. You don't go to the car dealership with $10k in your pocket and tell the dealer you have $10k. You tell them $8k, they counter $10k and you meet at $9k.

Anyways, I love trades and have done very well by them with some of them deciding championships. I notice teams that make s--- trade offers and usually tell them immediately that after their most recent offer that I most likely won't be hearing/offering/considering trades from them any longer. I think trades are a pivotal part of fantasy football, you always draft a team with the best intentions of keeping that squad all year, bu that never happens and things change between week 1 & 17.

I hate people that leave trades open unless they tell me they need time to think, or they want to see the results of something. I am not playing games so I will allow the result to happen usually. However, when teams strictly don't decline trades as the poster suggested earlier it's just ******** rude. Have the stones to say no and click a ******** button, not that hard.

Either you are exaggerating or you play with some freaking douche bags because I've never been bombarded like that. The guys I play with (usually) understand when I counter with a message that says: "I don't want to trade this player" or "I think our values are on very different levels." If I am sending counter offers or initial trade offers it is most certainly going to be in my favor that is how bartering works. You don't go to the car dealership with $10k in your pocket and tell the dealer you have $10k. You tell them $8k, they counter $10k and you meet at $9k.

Anyways, I love trades and have done very well by them with some of them deciding championships. I notice teams that make s--- trade offers and usually tell them immediately that after their most recent offer that I most likely won't be hearing/offering/considering trades from them any longer. I think trades are a pivotal part of fantasy football, you always draft a team with the best intentions of keeping that squad all year, bu that never happens and things change between week 1 & 17.

I hate people that leave trades open unless they tell me they need time to think, or they want to see the results of something. I am not playing games so I will allow the result to happen usually. However, when teams strictly don't decline trades as the poster suggested earlier it's just ******** rude. Have the stones to say no and click a ******** button, not that hard.

You're talking about semi fair trade offer in a worst trade offer thread, worst trade offers don't need any thought...offering $8k for a $10K car is a decent offer, offering to hit the dealer in the balls with a 9 iron for a $10K car doesn't warrant the time it takes to counter or even click decline. If you're going to someone asking for something that YOU want, have the stones not to waste their time with pure shxt.

I play in public leagues, so yes I play with douche bags every year and just because you haven't personally experienced something doesn't mean it does not exist. Like i said,I use to click no but now I leave it open.