Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GottaGetTheWin

2014-15 Worst Trade Proposals

One guy had 3 qbs and his rbs were subpar. I offered sankey and watkins for kaepernick who was his 3rd best qb. He countered with kaepernick for gio and crabtree

People who draft to hoard quarterbacks in 1QB leagues, have no team outside of it, and then try and hold you hostage in ridiculous trade offers are the worst kind of people. Maybe it would have been a better idea to, you know, draft a WR in the 4th rather than Andrew Luck when you already have Drew Brees, guy.

One guy had 3 qbs and his rbs were subpar. I offered sankey and watkins for kaepernick who was his 3rd best qb. He countered with kaepernick for gio and crabtree

People who draft to hoard quarterbacks in 1QB leagues, have no team outside of it, and then try and hold you hostage in ridiculous trade offers are the worst kind of people. Maybe it would have been a better idea to, you know, draft a WR in the 4th rather than Andrew Luck when you already have Drew Brees, guy.

Disagree with this. Not that I'd do it myself, but it's up to them how they draft, and you don't HAVE to trade with them if you don't want to. It's all part of the game. If they want to take that chance, then fair play.

Got you all beat... Drafted in a league last night in yahoo pro league (10 team standard-case you didn't know) where everyone was ridiculous with drafting qbs... nearly every team had 2 qbs before round 10... was so bad that RG3 was last of the consensus top 12-14 qbs.... taken and he was taken by middle round 7. I wasn't going to reach with such great talent falling around me... so I ended up with CRAP as my qb... 2 guys have 3 qbs... I've tried to offer REASONABLE trades for a qb such as Romo for the guy that already has Rodgers... or Cutler for guy that has Manning... The guy who has Brees, Luck, and RG3....

Keeps spamming me with trades including this gem:

I send:

Jimmy Graham

AJ Green

Roddy White

Stevan Ridley

He Sends:

RG3

Julius Thomas

Riley Cooper

The guy is starting Greene as his rb2... I have like 6 rbs...

I keep telling the guys that I'm NOT paying a premium for a qb when so many of them have ZERO depth... and I know that they are going to have to flat out drop them as soon as the injuries hit or the bye weeks start.... and I can get someone for free... but I will trade them depth for their depth... but thus far they insist on playing hard ball...

Nothing worse than the a-holes who draft multiple qbs just to try and screw others in a shallow league.... at expense of their own team.

Again, though, they're screwing their own team. That's the risk they took. You took the risk of not drafting a QB to make the rest of your team better. Their tactic should be doomed to fail, as long as nobody blinks, but there's nothing intrinsically wrong with it. Why

shouldn't they play hardball?

Again, though, they're screwing their own team. That's the risk they took. You took the risk of not drafting a QB to make the rest of your team better. Their tactic should be doomed to fail, as long as nobody blinks, but there's nothing intrinsically wrong with it. Why

shouldn't they play hardball?

Because nobody is going to accept their ridiculous trade offers. Somebody is going to have to drop a 3rd QB, so its better to get something for them than nothing..That is why they shouldn't play hardball.

Disagree with this. Not that I'd do it myself, but it's up to them how they draft, and you don't HAVE to trade with them if you don't want to. It's all part of the game. If they want to take that chance, then fair play.

It's absolutely their right to do so. It's my right to call them awful for doing so. In my opinion it's right up there with using the league veto as a strategy rather than a tool to prevent collusion. In my opinion, it's something hacks do to be hacky.

It's your right to disagree. That's cool. Free country.

It's absolutely their right to do so. It's my right to call them awful for doing so. In my opinion it's right up there with using the league veto as a strategy rather than a tool to prevent collusion. In my opinion, it's something hacks do to be hacky.

It's your right to disagree. That's cool. Free country.

Yup, fair enough.

Got you all beat... Drafted in a league last night in yahoo pro league (10 team standard-case you didn't know) where everyone was ridiculous with drafting qbs... nearly every team had 2 qbs before round 10... was so bad that RG3 was last of the consensus top 12-14 qbs.... taken and he was taken by middle round 7. I wasn't going to reach with such great talent falling around me... so I ended up with CRAP as my qb... 2 guys have 3 qbs... I've tried to offer REASONABLE trades for a qb such as Romo for the guy that already has Rodgers... or Cutler for guy that has Manning... The guy who has Brees, Luck, and RG3....

Keeps spamming me with trades including this gem:

I send:

Jimmy Graham

AJ Green

Roddy White

Stevan Ridley

He Sends:

RG3

Julius Thomas

Riley Cooper

The guy is starting Greene as his rb2... I have like 6 rbs...

I keep telling the guys that I'm NOT paying a premium for a qb when so many of them have ZERO depth... and I know that they are going to have to flat out drop them as soon as the injuries hit or the bye weeks start.... and I can get someone for free... but I will trade them depth for their depth... but thus far they insist on playing hard ball...

Nothing worse than the a-holes who draft multiple qbs just to try and screw others in a shallow league.... at expense of their own team.

Don't worry about it, bro. In those 10 teamers you can stream QB and be just fine. I would have been psyched to be in a draft where people are taking 3 QBs and letting RBs and WRs fall. In most of the pro-leagues I did people were waiting until the 8th-9th round for QBs. I was thinking damn why did I have to get stuck with the 9 yahoo-ers that actually know how to draft.

Sammy Watkins, Tre Mason, and James Jones for Alfred Morris. He has sent me some combo of these three players for Ellington, Morris, and Rice on 5-6 different occasions. Sometimes twice. The kicker is my bench consists of CJ?K, Ray Rice, Gordon (I still believe!),Cody Latimore, Jarret Boykin, NO D/ST, and Michael Floyd. It's not like I'm going to drop any of those guys for James Jones, or Tre Mason.....Annoying

Sammy Watkins, Tre Mason, and James Jones for Alfred Morris. He has sent me some combo of these three players for Ellington, Morris, and Rice on 5-6 different occasions. Sometimes twice. The kicker is my bench consists of CJ?K, Ray Rice, Gordon (I still believe!),Cody Latimore, Jarret Boykin, NO D/ST, and Michael Floyd. It's not like I'm going to drop any of those guys for James Jones, or Tre Mason.....Annoying

That's terrible. Can you name and shame him to the rest of the league? I'd have long since told him not to bother sending any more trade proposals.

That's terrible. Can you name and shame him to the rest of the league? I'd have long since told him not to bother sending any more trade proposals.

It's my first year in the league so I'm trying to lay low. If it continues much longer though I'll talk to him about it.

In a yahoo pro league, one owner drafted Peyton Manning in the first round, and later drafted Brady in the 8th round. After the draft, I had Cam Newton, Lynch, Doug Martin, Ben Tate, Ray Rice, and Pierre Thomas. I sent him an offer of Ben Tate for Tom Brady (which I thought was very generous). He has a team of

Manning/Brady

R.Mathews/R.Bush/Moreno

Dez/Decker/Watkins/Bowe

Julius Thomas/Charles Clay

Kansas City DST

He countered with his Brady for my Marshawn Lynch. I asked him why he wanted so much for his backup QB. He replied:

"such a high price?? because i have something you want...i drafted the way i wanted to..its not my fault all u have is cam newton...maybe you shoulda picked you up a spare qb like a smart manager would do...i know how to draft..dont hate cause this isnt my first rodeo!!!!!!"

^lol

My friend proposed this trade to my gf (who knows enough to have knocked him out of his playoff spot last year in the last week)

His Brady, Welker, Morris

for

Her Megatron, Ball, Ellington

I'm usually the guy that says most trades should be open to negotiation and that most of the offers that people get might be lower than they want but can be worked on usually.

And then I go and receive this trade and all that goes out the window.

I was offered: Dez, K. Moreno, L. Miller, and H. Nicks

for

A. Jeffery, A. Johnson, A. Foster, and R. Jennings.

I just wonder, do people actually believe everyone is that naive to take garbage like this? Sad thing is, this is a work league so I know this guy. Time to implement a no trade clause with this team.

straight up offer:

Cordarelle Patterson for my LeSean McCoy. just because of an article saying Cordarelle will be this year's Josh Gordon....

Naaaah.. Imma stick with my stud.

Two days ago I was offered Luck for Ball and Romo. I thought it was a joke but the guy was serious and he's been playing fantasy football for about 8 years now. Unreal. Oh and our league only starts 1 QB so...yeah.

Not a bad trade proposal but this trade is about to get vetoed...WTF

Ok...I didn't know where else to put this. League is a 3 sport league with realistic salary caps (we use the players real life salary according to Spotrac.)

I trade:

Jeremy Maclin, NBA 2nd Rounder, NFL 2nd Rounder, AMAT 2nd Rounder (all rookie picks...AMAT being MLB)

FOR

Randall Cobb + Navorrow Bowman

I get Cobb and Bowman.

I am hella pissed that this trade is about to get vetoed. Do you think it should?

Am I crazy thinking it shouldnt be vetoed?

The best is when they send you a trade in which you decline, and then wait a few days, and send you the same exact trade.

today i got offered the suspended Josh Gordon and injured Doug Martin for my Jimmy Graham. wtf people!!

today i got offered the suspended Josh Gordon and injured Doug Martin for my Jimmy Graham. wtf people!!

That's a bargain, take it and run.

A doctor in my league habitually makes criminal trades. He just offered me:

MJD & Benny Cunningham

straight up for

Demaryius Thomas

First year fantasy football for me and 9 other friends, all with somewhat decent football knowledge except one.

This trade was proposed, accepted and vetoed the next morning once majority saw this ridiculous trade.

my friend wanted to trade his

Jamaal Charles and Eli Manning for Ryan Matthews and Ryan Tannehill.