Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GottaGetTheWin

2014-15 Worst Trade Proposals

One guy had 3 qbs and his rbs were subpar. I offered sankey and watkins for kaepernick who was his 3rd best qb. He countered with kaepernick for gio and crabtree

People who draft to hoard quarterbacks in 1QB leagues, have no team outside of it, and then try and hold you hostage in ridiculous trade offers are the worst kind of people. Maybe it would have been a better idea to, you know, draft a WR in the 4th rather than Andrew Luck when you already have Drew Brees, guy.

Disagree with this. Not that I'd do it myself, but it's up to them how they draft, and you don't HAVE to trade with them if you don't want to. It's all part of the game. If they want to take that chance, then fair play.

It's absolutely their right to do so. It's my right to call them awful for doing so. In my opinion it's right up there with using the league veto as a strategy rather than a tool to prevent collusion. In my opinion, it's something hacks do to be hacky.

It's your right to disagree. That's cool. Free country.

See, I don't think that analogy is at all apt. You said it yourself: the league veto exists to prevent collusion. Using it just to nix trades you don't like is nothing other than abusing an anti-cheating measure.

Cornering the QB market OTOH is a legitimate strategy. People whine about it, but then are ok with stuff like 5RB. Yes, there are two RB slots and a flex, and attrition rate for RBs is higher than for QBs, but these aren't the entire reasons people do it. They also do it because they know their depth doubles as tradable assets and are willing to be weak/thin at positions like QB and WR with the expectation that they can always sell one of their RBs if they need to plug a hole.

Hoarding QBs is a market strategy, just like waiting on them is. In fact, hoarding QBs has only been made possible by everyone first choosing to wait on them. Why is it illegitimate to hoard QBs as a market strategy but it's not illegitimate to ignore them as a market strategy? If hoarding is happening, it's just the market reacting to inefficiency. I'm in a league where Luck didn't go until the 7th round! Truth is, if Luck is there in the 6th I should absolutely draft him even if I already have Manning and have every intention of just flipping Luck early in the year. I'm not holding him hostage, I'm simply drafting the BAP for the value. And if it happens that in the 8th, Ryan is still there I should take him too. And then Foles in the 9th. And so on, until the market adjusts. If individuals refuse to trade with me because they don't like my strategy, well even though I think they're being ridiculous and hypocritical, that's their choice--but please, let's not sanction the hypocricy.

A guy offered me RG3 and Shonn Greene for Foles. We're all Aussies so he must assume I dont watch football or something.

I like Travis Kelce and was pretty close to drafting him over Ladarius Green. Drafting complications got me Green.

I then proposed to the Kelce owner that I like Kelce and that I'd like to trade Green for him. He said he didn't want a 1 for 1 (which is reasonable.)

After week one, I sent him two proposals, I consider them to be low-ball offers but nothing that bad.

Give RG3 and Green

Get Wilson and Kelce

and

Give Green and Dwyer (he is an Ellington owner)

Get Kelce

He declined them and then proposed this.

Give: Ryan Mathews and Dwyer

Get: Blount and Kelce

What makes this even dumber is that I have the worst starting RBs in the league. I don't know why he expected me to deal Mathews.

anybody else notice how easily people get offended by offers in these yahoo pro leagues? You could offer the most even and well thought out trade in the world and the other guy will still swear and degrade you to the point you begin to wonder if your insane.

One guy had 3 qbs and his rbs were subpar. I offered sankey and watkins for kaepernick who was his 3rd best qb. He countered with kaepernick for gio and crabtree

People who draft to hoard quarterbacks in 1QB leagues, have no team outside of it, and then try and hold you hostage in ridiculous trade offers are the worst kind of people. Maybe it would have been a better idea to, you know, draft a WR in the 4th rather than Andrew Luck when you already have Drew Brees, guy.

Disagree with this. Not that I'd do it myself, but it's up to them how they draft, and you don't HAVE to trade with them if you don't want to. It's all part of the game. If they want to take that chance, then fair play.

It's absolutely their right to do so. It's my right to call them awful for doing so. In my opinion it's right up there with using the league veto as a strategy rather than a tool to prevent collusion. In my opinion, it's something hacks do to be hacky.

It's your right to disagree. That's cool. Free country.

See, I don't think that analogy is at all apt. You said it yourself: the league veto exists to prevent collusion. Using it just to nix trades you don't like is nothing other than abusing an anti-cheating measure.

Cornering the QB market OTOH is a legitimate strategy. People whine about it, but then are ok with stuff like 5RB. Yes, there are two RB slots and a flex, and attrition rate for RBs is higher than for QBs, but these aren't the entire reasons people do it. They also do it because they know their depth doubles as tradable assets and are willing to be weak/thin at positions like QB and WR with the expectation that they can always sell one of their RBs if they need to plug a hole.

Hoarding QBs is a market strategy, just like waiting on them is. In fact, hoarding QBs has only been made possible by everyone first choosing to wait on them. Why is it illegitimate to hoard QBs as a market strategy but it's not illegitimate to ignore them as a market strategy? If hoarding is happening, it's just the market reacting to inefficiency. I'm in a league where Luck didn't go until the 7th round! Truth is, if Luck is there in the 6th I should absolutely draft him even if I already have Manning and have every intention of just flipping Luck early in the year. I'm not holding him hostage, I'm simply drafting the BAP for the value. And if it happens that in the 8th, Ryan is still there I should take him too. And then Foles in the 9th. And so on, until the market adjusts. If individuals refuse to trade with me because they don't like my strategy, well even though I think they're being ridiculous and hypocritical, that's their choice--but please, let's not sanction the hypocricy.

I can understand your point but then there are some idiots who go out and draft Peyton, Brees, and Luck and expect that you are going to throw them McCoy for Luck.

My wife said she'd double the amount of sex we have if I gave up fantasy football this year. DECLINE!

This is like the Holy Grail of all Rotoworld forum comments!!!

I found this trade to be foolish personally but you guys might think otherwise:

His: Jordy Nelson/Trent Richardson

My: Torrey Smith/Montee Ball/Zac Stacy

not my team, but somebody just offered my girlfriend lesean mccoy for calvin johnson AND brandon marshall! she just laughed in their face.

That is a solid offer. I would've definitely considered accepting that. 2 top 5 WR for a top 3 RB? Yes please.

Edit: Never mind, just realized it's the other way around.

Made it know I was looking for a QB; got offered Romo for Antonio Brown. Fail.

:D That's probably worthy of a trade ban. Anyone offering me stuff like that gets a message saying don't bother me again.

I just got offered this gem a few minutes ago in my Dynasty League...

The offer:

MJD

Riley Cooper

For My:

Rashad Jennings

Jerick McKinnon

I can't stop laughing

Romo for Julio over here

A trade went down for Julius Thomas, Bradshaw, and Boldin for Charles, Vernon Davis, and Nick Foles not by me but I think it's lopsided. Was offered Justin Hunter for Knile by the new Charles owner

I found this trade to be foolish personally but you guys might think otherwise:

His: Jordy Nelson/Trent Richardson

My: Torrey Smith/Montee Ball/Zac Stacy

That's not a good trade at all for you. Nelson is good, but not worth both Ball and Stacy.

Sammy Watkins, Tre Mason, and James Jones for Alfred Morris. He has sent me some combo of these three players for Ellington, Morris, and Rice on 5-6 different occasions. Sometimes twice. The kicker is my bench consists of CJ?K, Ray Rice, Gordon (I still believe!),Cody Latimore, Jarret Boykin, NO D/ST, and Michael Floyd. It's not like I'm going to drop any of those guys for James Jones, or Tre Mason.....Annoying

This same guy just offered me up a beauty of a trade on Monday. Ryan Matthews, A.J. Green, and T.Y. Hilton for my Brandon Marshall and Alfred Morris. It was really hard for me to pass this one up. Even harder not to post a message about this ridiculous offer and kindly asking him not to propose any more trades to me, which I did.

Offered a guy Crabtree straight up for Stacy. He gets back to me with Stacy and Kendall Wright for Megatron. Uggg.

I was offered Gronk straight up for Orange Julius in a .5 ppr league. Gronk's made of glass, no way I take that trade.

I was offered Gronk straight up for Orange Julius in a .5 ppr league. Gronk's made of glass, no way I take that trade.

Whoa, that is the worst trade offer I have ever heard of!!!