Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GottaGetTheWin

2014-15 Worst Trade Proposals

Some guy offered me Donald Brown and Larry Fitzgerald for lesean mccoy. I scoffed and rejected. He then tried to tell me I was passing up a deal.

Some guy offered me Donald Brown and Larry Fitzgerald for lesean mccoy. I scoffed and rejected. He then tried to tell me I was passing up a deal.

I would ask him for justification and then just forward it to everybody in the league, including the guy.

Some idiot in our league that's a Pats fan traded Manning for Brady straight up. The guy receiving Manning in the trade has a ridiculous roster now. I almost just quit playing and left my team for the commish to play. I hate playing with fanboy owners that stack their teams with players from their favorite team.

Some idiot in our league that's a Pats fan traded Manning for Brady straight up. The guy receiving Manning in the trade has a ridiculous roster now. I almost just quit playing and left my team for the commish to play. I hate playing with fanboy owners that stack their teams with players from their favorite team.

There's def a balance to be struck. We have one player in particular who makes iffy trades so he can get his team in. I'm all for having two or three players from your team (I always make sure I have a couple of Browns) but if it means comedy trades then I'd veto.

If he really wants to play Pats, then going forward, you could tell him to just draft Pats. If it's a snake draft, he should be able to pick up most of them - Gronk in the first, maybe Vereen in the second etc etc. You can ban him from making Patriots trades during the season etc etc. If he's not willing to do that, then show him the road.

That's a pretty awful trade. I'd probably start looking for a new league with more serious players.

My Rashad Jennings and Greg Olsen for DeSean Jackson, Jason Witten, and Kendall Wright. I laughed so hard at that trade. No RG3 injured DeSean, Witten who's stock is completely reliant on Romo, and Kendall who?

How about Brian Quick and Steven Jackson for Knile Davis and Calvin Johnson?.... how about no.

My Rashad Jennings and Greg Olsen for DeSean Jackson, Jason Witten, and Kendall Wright. I laughed so hard at that trade. No RG3 injured DeSean, Witten who's stock is completely reliant on Romo, and Kendall who?

That's not nearly as bad as you think it is. Jackson's injury didn't affect him, and Cousins is an improvement over RG3. And as bad as Cam Newton has looked, Witten is arguably the better prospect (compared to Olsen) going forward (more red zone opportunity and a better offense).

Someone in my league just traded Stafford for Antonio Gates and Ravens D/ST .... unreal

What kind of feedback did that person get after that trade. Hopefully you guys keep giving him/her s---.

Sammy Watkins, Tre Mason, and James Jones for Alfred Morris. He has sent me some combo of these three players for Ellington, Morris, and Rice on 5-6 different occasions. Sometimes twice. The kicker is my bench consists of CJ?K, Ray Rice, Gordon (I still believe!),Cody Latimore, Jarret Boykin, NO D/ST, and Michael Floyd. It's not like I'm going to drop any of those guys for James Jones, or Tre Mason.....Annoying

This same guy just offered me up a beauty of a trade on Monday. Ryan Matthews, A.J. Green, and T.Y. Hilton for my Brandon Marshall and Alfred Morris. It was really hard for me to pass this one up. Even harder not to post a message about this ridiculous offer and kindly asking him not to propose any more trades to me, which I did.

Really not that bad. Green is the best player in the deal.

I just offered Stafford and either Alford Blue or Matt Asiata for Nick Foles. I realize its a huge sell low on my guy and buy high on Foles, but I thought it was fairly reasonable, considering Staffords potential.

I was countered with Stafford and Megatron for Brady and Andre Johnson.

Sammy Watkins, Tre Mason, and James Jones for Alfred Morris. He has sent me some combo of these three players for Ellington, Morris, and Rice on 5-6 different occasions. Sometimes twice. The kicker is my bench consists of CJ?K, Ray Rice, Gordon (I still believe!),Cody Latimore, Jarret Boykin, NO D/ST, and Michael Floyd. It's not like I'm going to drop any of those guys for James Jones, or Tre Mason.....Annoying

This same guy just offered me up a beauty of a trade on Monday. Ryan Matthews, A.J. Green, and T.Y. Hilton for my Brandon Marshall and Alfred Morris. It was really hard for me to pass this one up. Even harder not to post a message about this ridiculous offer and kindly asking him not to propose any more trades to me, which I did.

Really not that bad. Green is the best player in the deal.

That's what I was thinking. Green > Marshall and when Mathews comes back he could be better than Morris. You make up the difference between Mathews/Morris by throwing in Hilton.

It may not be the best deal for your team, but to post it in the "worst trade proposals" thread is ridiculous.

While I'm here...

I wasn't offered a horrible trade, but I encountered a horrible owner while attempting to make a trade I thought made perfect sense for both of us.

I lost RG3, missed out on Cousins in waivers and ended up with Josh McCown. Ouch. I notice that someone has Cutler/Rivers and has BOTH of them on the trade block.

I look at his team and notice he has Doug Martin. I had picked up Bobby Rainey last week. I offer Rainey for Rivers straight up. I get an instant trade declined email, no counter offer, and "LOL" in the comments portion. Really? For someone looking to move a QB, I find it peculiar he wouldn't even entertain the idea of taking Rainey when he has Martin. Even worse, he thought the offer was so bad that he was moved to "LOL" at me in the comments part. <_<

I'm going to keep my eyes open for his post in this thread about my offer...

Someone in my league just traded Stafford for Antonio Gates and Ravens D/ST .... unreal

Well Stafford has not been great this year. #11 in Fantasy points Standard behind Kaep, only 3 TDs and it seems the team's offense has changed to more of a running game. Their defense has been very good so the team may not be taking the chances and having to come from behind like they did in the past. His draft ranking may have been overstated. I'm a Stafford owner and I lost partially this week because Fitzpatrick outpointed him and it wasn't even close!

While I'm here...

I wasn't offered a horrible trade, but I encountered a horrible owner while attempting to make a trade I thought made perfect sense for both of us.

I lost RG3, missed out on Cousins in waivers and ended up with Josh McCown. Ouch. I notice that someone has Cutler/Rivers and has BOTH of them on the trade block.

I look at his team and notice he has Doug Martin. I had picked up Bobby Rainey last week. I offer Rainey for Rivers straight up. I get an instant trade declined email, no counter offer, and "LOL" in the comments portion. Really? For someone looking to move a QB, I find it peculiar he wouldn't even entertain the idea of taking Rainey when he has Martin. Even worse, he thought the offer was so bad that he was moved to "LOL" at me in the comments part. <_<

I'm going to keep my eyes open for his post in this thread about my offer...

I wouldn't have made that horrible trade either. I put people on the trading block all the time; doesn't mean I want to take crap for them. Martin is expected back soon, essentially rendering Rainey useless. Your need for a QB doesn't equate to his need to make a piss poor deal. But that is exactly what this thread is for, to expose horrible trade offers. Good job at exposing your own.

This isn't really a terrible trade but If I had Manning and received a trade of Manning and Witten for Mccoy and Vernon wouled anyone do that if I also had Stafford who I just got in a trade?

How about Brian Quick and Steven Jackson for Knile Davis and Calvin Johnson?.... how about no.

I hate those ones. People pick up the flavour of the week on waivers and immediately try to flog him for a stud. I mean, nice try, but...naah.

Isn't that just a "dammit, I ****** up the bye week and now I have no D/ST and no TE because Rudolph/Reed/Pitta is injured" deal?

I mean, it's stupid, but presumably that's the thinking.

I got offered Cam, Turbin, and Gates for Foles, ellington, and julius ... I laughed hilariously for like 3 minutes before I carefully selected the decline button. The worst trade offer ever

Just got offered Owen Daniels for Jordan Cameron. I declined and he responded with EJ Manuel and Daniels for Bridgewater and Cameron. LOL