Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RoidRagers

7/11 Mega Gameday Thread

60 posts in this topic

CARGO IS BACK JACK!*

*for a limited time only.

1 person likes this

Junior Lake is trash. Whiffed on the same pitch 3 times and left the bases loaded. Bring up Soler please.

Pitch count is tidy after 6, but I'm kind of surprised seeing Renteria let Arrieta hit with one out and bases loaded in a one run game. Given how flat Arrieta's stuff has looked last 3 innings.

I think if the score was still tied they would have brought in someone, but since they are up 1 and Arrieta has a decent count, should stretch him one more. Tho if he blows up... different story.

Atta boy Jake, Heyward smoked a leadoff double but he made some outstanding pitches to K Johnson and Bethancourt, with a sharp GB by LaStella sandwiched in between.

Pitch count in good shape for an 8th, Simmons/Freeman/Upton have seen him pretty well today - Simmons would be due up 3rd.

Sigh...

BB Jordan Schafer again - dude is murdering him on the base paths. Guy can't hit a damn thing, now the meat of the order is up who've had a lot of good hacks.

Annnnnd - Schafer swipes 2B, 2 outs and Freeman up. There INT BB him who is the go ahead run.

Alright - Arrieta out, Neil Ramirez in to face Justin Upton - which I'm good with. Upton's hit two rockets with nothing to show for it.

Atta boy Jake, Heyward smoked a leadoff double but he made some outstanding pitches to K Johnson and Bethancourt, with a sharp GB by LaStella sandwiched in between.

Pitch count in good shape for an 8th, Simmons/Freeman/Upton have seen him pretty well today - Simmons would be due up 3rd.

How the F does he walk Schafer for a second time? That should never happen. You have to make him hit his way on.

Edit: oh great. Pulled at 7 2/3 with two runners on and the bullpen coming in to hold a one run lead. Deja vu of Garza's start yesterday.

My 2nd biggest pet peeve is forcing the SP to make the IBB and THEN pulling him. Just to ruin his WHIP a little bit.

My biggest pet peeve is losing a QS past the 6th inning. At 7 2/3 IP, if Arrieta loses the QS I will cry

How the F does he walk Schafer for a second time? That should never happen. You have to make him hit his way on.

Edit: oh great. Pulled at 7 2/3 with two runners on and the bullpen coming in to hold a one run lead. Deja vu of Garza's start yesterday.

Because in his head he's saying, "Damnit, just throw this guy a strike." Baseball is an evil mental game.

He threw him an amazing cutter on 3-2 count that was in the zone until the very end and ended up going inside. I have no idea how Schaefer didn't swing. He must've gone into the pitch knowing he wasn't swinging. Arrieta made some nice pitches that AB

Simmons is phenomenal. He's gonna be a top ptcher in holds leagues next year, that's for sure.

You can all breath a little now.

Aaaaand Rondon promptly blows it. Yay.

Because in his head he's saying, "Damnit, just throw this guy a strike." Baseball is an evil mental game.

Ain't that the truth.

He threw him an amazing cutter on 3-2 count that was in the zone until the very end and ended up going inside. I have no idea how Schaefer didn't swing. He must've gone into the pitch knowing he wasn't swinging. Arrieta made some nice pitches that AB

It was a great pitch. It's almost like the Braves are so used to watching called third strikes they don't swing and expect to get k'd up but get bailed out by the umpire.

And Rondon gets Arrieta's win. Thanks jerkface.

Byrd with another solid hit. It will be interesting to see if he gets moved, and who would be in on him.

Kluber's stuff looks very underwhelming today - stuffs flat, falling behind, tight strike zone.

Dom Brown looks like crap this year... except against J. Zimmerman.