Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Savatage79

2nd pick in a 10 man .5 ppr league, 6 pt QB TDs... Do i go against the grain for Manning?

I know I know I know....before anyone says, that most likely that is a crazy move lol. I know the decision is pretty much take whoever is there out of McCoy/Charles, and 90% chance that is how I will draft.

BUT...even the guys on FF Now love Manning once again, hes got another chip on his shoulder, could be in again for another monster year.

Do I take Manning and grab the 2 best RBs on the snake back? Anyone else in similar boat?

Trust me I am most likely not going to do this, but felt for the fun of a thread id post and see.

I think I'd still take either Charles or McCoy. It's a tough situation though, 6 pt td's for QB's is pretty enticing for taking Manning. But still, I think you go elite RB. There will be plenty of QB's who put up big TD numbers that you can grab after the 1st.

Yea its where im ultimately at. Ive enjoyed my runs with McCoy as well. Would any be tempted to take Peterson over McCoy? Ive actually never had him so its why im also tempted, but again I feel itll be what goes first. My cousin is in my league and he just texted me that hes thinking Charles, so im lookin at McCoy/AP, leaning McCoy.

Manning would be a terrible pick. No problem with ADP over McCoy though

Eh fantasy is a game of gambles, I don't think it would be a terrible pick per say....but having one of the top elite RBs is something I do find essential.

What is more appealing for some to take AP over Shady?

What is more appealing for some to take AP over Shady?

AP got Norv Turner, who loves to ride his stud RBs. He's in for a huge season.

curious what was mannings total points last year in a 6 pt td league?

what was shadys total points?

Total Points last season for McCoy (standard) and Manning (6 pt td's)

McCoy: 280.7

Manning: 520

Wow, that's a crazy point for Manning. 6PT/TD is enticing in this situation, but I would still grab the elite RB. Now between McCoy and Peterson, I'd give it to ALL DAY Peterson. Norv loves to ride his RBs, and Peterson is the best in the business.

There will be some other high scoring QBs that you can pick up in the later rounds (Stafford would be my next guy)

Best of luck http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=448572

He's not going to be that far ahead of the pack this year.

You said yourself this is not the right move and you're probably not going to do it. I don't mean this in a mean way, but what's the point of this thread?

Just discussion. No different than if I were talkin with some pals.

Alex Smith had more points than McCoy also. take him

Can't fault you if you want to take him at the 2. But I would rather get Mccoy, Charles or AP.

u sound dumb i was asking because whats the point difference between manning and rodgers (per game avg considering injury)

or shady and gio/bush/ or whoever the rb that will be there at 19 pretty sure manning and what ever rb he can get at 19 will out produce rodgers and shady if rodgers is even there at 19... you could make a case for mannning, brees, rodgers all going before 19 in this league set up

also im my math is correct brees total points last year was around 437 manning manning 520

you think shady will out produce any rb he can get at 19 by around 83 points and thats banking on brees making it back to 19 which is not likely

Really?

He was asking about how many points were scored. It's a simple if you take this QB in round 1 and this RB in round 7 vs this QB in round 7 and this RB in round 1 who has more points total type of thing. No one's saying anything about taking Alex Smith over McCoy, or any other QB that would be drafted late or not all simply because they score more points on the season.

also im my math is correct brees total points last year was around 437 manning manning 520

you think shady will out produce any rb he can get at 19 by around 83 points and thats banking on brees making it back to 19 which is not likely

If you think Manning is going to duplicate last year's stats, I have no problem taking him first overall in any league.

If you think Manning is going to duplicate last year's stats, I have no problem taking him first overall in any league.

That's just it. All Manning has to do is go out there and duplicate THE GREATEST PASSING SEASON IN HISTORY. I have no doubt he'll be great this season. I DO have my doubts he'll duplicate last year.

Plus, we all saw what a disaster RBs were last year. If I can get McCoy or Charles, I'll do it.

Well I don't think anyone, including myself is expecting him to duplicate. But is high 4,000 yardage, high 40s in TD range out of the question with this offense? I think that's where im at, don't think anyone expects him to BEAT last year, but still if the man sniffs 5,000 yards and has in the 40 range TDs, that's not to bad.

Well I don't think anyone, including myself is expecting him to duplicate. But is high 4,000 yardage, high 40s in TD range out of the question with this offense? I think that's where im at, don't think anyone expects him to BEAT last year, but still if the man sniffs 5,000 yards and has in the 40 range TDs, that's not to bad.

It's not that anyon thinks he will beat last year's stats. It's just in every thread about 6 pt passing TD leagues people always bring up how much better Manning was than everyone last year and pass it off like it is the norm

Well, I do feel the elite are in the 400 range pretty consistently. Its why I've enjoyed Brees so many years.

I did a mock with Manning as my first pick and the team wasn't bad, just having foster as a RB1 is a huge question mark. But the team wasn't as bad as I thought.

Well, I do feel the elite are in the 400 range pretty consistently. Its why I've enjoyed Brees so many years.

I did a mock with Manning as my first pick and the team wasn't bad, just having foster as a RB1 is a huge question mark. But the team wasn't as bad as I thought.

I'm on the Foster bandwagon this year, I'd be fine with him as my RB1. But there's no chance he slips to the end of the 2nd in a real draft.

How are the community drafts they been doing, done one yet? I'd love to see how it could pan out in a realistic draft scenario.

I just feel with Manning you're looking at a guaranteed 30-40 points a week, easily. Its hard to pass on such guaranteed weekly points.

Yes other QBs get 290-340 points but its never seemed steady, like a handful of bad weeks and a few monsters to make up for bad weeks.

Like I said I know I probably won't have the guts to do it, but I'm trying to find a possible compelling reason to maybe find a way to justify it. Or for graham perhaps, throw a monkey wrench in once again.

Sometimes too since I've a good bit of money leagues, I stick to the course, and I don't think its far fetched to occasionally reach a little and experiment a season.

the consistency of manning like you said you know for sure 30/40 points every week

not to mention look at al the rb that were bust last year all it takes is one helmet to the knee and shadys dinged up for 3 or more weeks

ap even got dinged up (cj2k out produced ap)

i just would not invest in any rb with these league setting if i can get manning

im not taking a rb in the 1st unless its shady ap charles in stantard settings

quanity over quality for rb for me

and i also see no reason manning can't come close to his numbers last year clady back another year with a growing te in thomas and DT is a top 3 wr welker is healthy hopefully he can stay on the field more than last year

the only knock i can possibly think of is that denver plays the nfc west which is tough