Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Savatage79

2nd pick in a 10 man .5 ppr league, 6 pt QB TDs... Do i go against the grain for Manning?

I think the thing that is interesting is 700+ views and only a few of us really talking about this, just goes to show that like people will not accept nothing, no way, no how, not even a chance anything other than an RB first pick in the top 5. Like they dont even fathom it lol

I guess ive always felt that whether one builds around that stud RB, or builds around a stud QB, or a stud WR or two, i felt a foundation is always key to reliable points.

I just hope the top 5 RBs dont stink up the joint like last year, thats the only reason im not so happy and gung ho to grab one.

I would much rather take QBs who are getting disrespected with amazingly low ADPs such as Romo, Brady, Cutler, RGIII, Luck, Foles, etc then burn the chance to get freaking Shady at the #2 pick.

Assuming starters in a standard 12 team, 1 QB 2 RB (NO FLEX) league, the disparity between the #1 RB and the #24 RB is freaking huge compared to the difference between the #1 and #12 QB. This isn't even taking into account FLEX which would make the RBs even more valuable. The fact that this has reached 100 comments is ludicrous, out of the 6 leagues I played in last season not even 1 of them had Manning OR Brees on the championship team.

Well its because I sort of know the draft tendencies, and my cousin is first pick. He's taking shady, otherwise I'd probably without question take him, I've rode the shady train to nice money lately.

Tsh00k, get over it, it'd a discussion on a forum, nothing more.

I think the thing that is interesting is 700+ views and only a few of us really talking about this,

Because there are a only a few people that think taking Manning with the 2nd pick is a reasonable option. I'm not even saying your opinion is wrong, just that there is zero doubt in my mind that it would be a bad pick, and I don't see the point in discussing something that I'm 100 percent resolute about. I think the majority feels this way and this is why there aren't more people talking about it.

Posted · Hidden by Red Sox Nation, July 19, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Red Sox Nation, July 19, 2014 - No reason given

I think the thing that is interesting is 700+ views and only a few of us really talking about this,

Because there are a only a few people that think taking Manning with the 2nd pick is a reasonable option. I'm not even saying your opinion is wrong, just that there is zero doubt in my mind that it would be a bad pick, and I don't see the point in discussing something that I'm 100 percent resolute about. I think the majority feels this way and this is why there aren't more people talking about it.

That's fine, I just simply like to expand my drafting ideas. Its not like I'm suggesting to draft johnny football first pick.

That's fine, I just simply like to expand my drafting ideas. Its not like I'm suggesting to draft johnny football first pick.

Right. I was just trying to explain why more people aren't talking about it.

You didn't quote the rest of what I said, I had said that it goes to show that people don't even fathom drafting like that, which I realize. But I believe people are to fixated on what they feel is the right way when fantasy is 90% luck once the season begins.

You didn't quote the rest of what I said, I had said that it goes to show that people don't even fathom drafting like that, which I realize. But I believe people are to fixated on what they feel is the right way when fantasy is 90% luck once the season begins.

I quoted everything you said. "fantasy is 90 percent luck" is a common quote people that are terrible at fantasy football use.

I quoted everything you said. "fantasy is 90 percent luck" is a common quote people that are terrible at fantasy football use.

Won a couple grand over the last few years, so i been around the block.

Im just saying that you cant predict injuries, you cant predict bad games, you cant predict any of that, none of it. There is a handful of skill in making good plays, knowing when someone has a better "chance" to have a great game. But in the end, the best teams can lose, the worst teams can pull off wins, its all simply chance.

Do I take Manning and grab the 2 best RBs on the snake back? Anyone else in similar boat?

No

I'm not saying this because I'm a die-hard "RB first" drafter. (in 2012 I drafted Brees/Gronk/Jordy in rounds 1, 2, 3 and ended up with a 2nd place finish in a 12 team league).

I'm saying NO because a statistical regression is likely. The broncos know they will be in the playoffs, and will not be pedal to the metal during the regular season. I would expect a more reserved game plan for the broncos this season. I also think the loss of Decker will hurt the offense more than people are expecting.

Just my two cents...

Do I take Manning and grab the 2 best RBs on the snake back? Anyone else in similar boat?

No

I'm not saying this because I'm a die-hard "RB first" drafter. (in 2012 I drafted Brees/Gronk/Jordy in rounds 1, 2, 3 and ended up with a 2nd place finish in a 12 team league).

I'm saying NO because a statistical regression is likely. The broncos know they will be in the playoffs, and will not be pedal to the metal during the regular season. I would expect a more reserved game plan for the broncos this season. I also think the loss of Decker will hurt the offense more than people are expecting.

Just my two cents...

But dont you agree that a statistical regression doesnt mean that it will be ultimately terrible, like i said in my league with the rules we have he did 582 points. A regression to 500 points, which is a decent chunk off his season, it would still be higher than what McCoy did last year who i had at 357 points.

I think what i really just dont want is to make the choice, Most years i happily grab that RB, but for some reason this year im just not as sold on it mainly because the top 5 last year really didnt do what people wanted.

Pre season will clear things up more though for me. If i were to take Manning, it would simply to experiment and see what i could do through a season since im confident in my WW playing.

But speaking of regression, 357 from McCoy was beastly...why arent folks fearing the regression of McCoy and Charles?

Im just saying that you cant predict injuries, you cant predict bad games, you cant predict any of that, none of it. There is a handful of skill in making good plays, knowing when someone has a better "chance" to have a great game. But in the end, the best teams can lose, the worst teams can pull off wins, its all simply chance.

You won a couple of grand over the last couple of years but you hopelessly seek vindication over who you should take. Makes a ton of sense. Keep doing you, bro.

You won a couple of grand over the last couple of years but you hopelessly seek vindication over who you should take. Makes a ton of sense. Keep doing you, bro.

Its simply discussion man, why so distraught over it? Im practically frothing for the season to start and i love the idea of rolling with Manning this year, im simply talking with some cool dudes about it. I mean i dont understand why it has to "make sense" other than its fantasy football talk, why dont you simply stop coming into a thread that you obviously stated your opinion and have no interest in?

Its simply discussion man, why so distraught over it? Im practically frothing for the season to start and i love the idea of rolling with Manning this year, im simply talking with some cool dudes about it. I mean i dont understand why it has to "make sense" other than its fantasy football talk, why dont you simply stop coming into a thread that you obviously stated your opinion and have no interest in?

I don't know what i can say to you without getting banned from the boards. You're opinion is wrong but I wish you the best of luck in the upcoming season.

DO NOT take Manning there. You will get a good qb even if you wait until round 8 or 9. Per fantasyfootballcalculator, right now qb's ranked 10-12 are Newton, Kaep, Romo. All have their warts but all are good enough to be fantasy qb starters. And you can get them round 10. Obviously Manning offers much more statistically and safety wise, but comparison wise in round 10 you are looking at back up rb's, at best.

Just take one of McCoy, Charles, Peterson. I think you'll find that you like your team more, and that it is better. My 2 cents.

I don't know what i can say to you without getting banned from the boards. You're opinion is wrong but I wish you the best of luck in the upcoming season.

I'll step in here. Get back to relevant discussion please. And fwiw I myself believe that fantasy football displays a massive amount of luck. I will not get into reasoning, but just because you disagree with an opinion doesn't mean you bash another persons thoughts. You disagree, and leave it at that.

DO NOT take Manning there. You will get a good qb even if you wait until round 8 or 9. Per fantasyfootballcalculator, right now 10-12 are Newton, Kaep, Romo. All have their warts but all are good enough to be fantasy qb starters. And you can get them round 10. Obviously Manning offers much more statistically and safety wise, but round 10 you are looking at back up rb's, at best.

Just take one of McCoy, Charles, Peterson. I think you'll find that you like your team more, and that it is better. My 2 cents.

Who was bashing anyone's thoughts?

Well its because I sort of know the draft tendencies, and my cousin is first pick. He's taking shady, otherwise I'd probably without question take him, I've rode the shady train to nice money lately.

Tsh00k, get over it, it'd a discussion on a forum, nothing more.

Yeah, and I was replying to your discussion with my opinion. My opinion, as reiterated by another member here:

..is that in any situation, and under any scoring situation this is dumb. Your reply to my opinion is hilarious, "get over it." I merely tried to shed some light on why the idea of picking Manning 2nd is stupid.

No you didn't, you added nothing but posts that were basically ridiculing the thread.

It is what it is, there's no need to reply as the thread needs to die, so let it die.

I would much rather take QBs who are getting disrespected with amazingly low ADPs such as Romo, Brady, Cutler, RGIII, Luck, Foles, etc then burn the chance to get freaking Shady at the #2 pick.

Assuming starters in a standard 12 team, 1 QB 2 RB (NO FLEX) league, the disparity between the #1 RB and the #24 RB is freaking huge compared to the difference between the #1 and #12 QB. This isn't even taking into account FLEX which would make the RBs even more valuable. The fact that this has reached 100 comments is ludicrous, out of the 6 leagues I played in last season not even 1 of them had Manning OR Brees on the championship team.

^Analysis not ridicule.

Either learn to listen to other's advice/opinion or don't post on here anymore.

I read through this whole thread looking for this. Something that was left out when people earlier ITT were discussing disparity between the top players/rest of the players at QB and RB is that you need 2 RBs (and a flex). I am in a 12 team 1 PPR 6 pt All TDs league and with a top pick I am taking one of the elite RBs and grabbing a QB later at some point. Otherwise your skill position players (RB especially) will likely be terrible and offset whatever gain Manning gives you week to week