Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheWhiteMamba

Terrence Jones 2014-2015 Season Outlook

This guy has been dropped (with good reasons. We did half of our draft offline then half online but the guy was set to autopick and ended up with a lot of PFs) in our league. Do you think this guy is worth $17/$24 of free agent budget for the whole year?

Seems like a pretty team specific question, it depends on who would have to be dropped - I'd ask the Assistant Coach section if you haven't already.

is it possible to expect 1 3ptm each game?

Possible - maybe, but unlikely.

His per-36 minute #s projected 0.7 3pm his rookie year and 0.5 3pm last year. Unless he's done some serious work on his outside accuracy, it's doubtful. 0.5 could still be good for his value though.

His per-36 minute #s projected 0.7 3pm his rookie year and 0.5 3pm last year. Unless he's done some serious work on his outside accuracy, it's doubtful. 0.5 could still be good for his value though.

But with Parsons and Lin both gone, shouldn't we expect at least a slight bump in 3's from him?

But with Parsons and Lin both gone, shouldn't we expect at least a slight bump in 3's from him?

Good point. Even then, I'm still seeing something along the lines of 0.7 at best, but I don't see why he couldn't get 1.0 if they really really want to. He's only decent though, a guy who shoots 30.7% from three is not usually a guy you see making over a 1 three per game.

Guys like Thad Young and Hayward did it shooting 30.8% and 30.4%, but they were on lottery teams, not playoff teams like the Rockets. I dunno though, it's definitely possible

I dont see him shooting 1 3pm either as even though Lin and Parsons are gone they have Ariza to shoot the 3's along with Harden and Beverley. Like kayos had said unless he improved his accuracy and efficiency it would be best to leave it to then 3 and correct ne if I'm wrong Francisco Garcia to come off the bench if they need a stretch 4 for 3's. They got rid of Casspi right?

Which is his ADP after new rankings ??

Do u think its a reach to select him at round 8 (pick #89)???

I am not sure now if he can fell to round 9, after #100...

Which is his ADP after new rankings ??

Do u think its a reach to select him at round 8 (pick #89)???

I am not sure now if he can fell to round 9, after #100...

89 should be good value

It's funny how people start to panic after a few bad preseason games. Since you guys drafted him you know that he is a beast majority of the time when given starter minutes. Trust me, Motejunas is not taking the job away from him lol. Unless Houston trades for a better PF, T jones will rip it and probably consistently produce top 60-70 easy

What do you all think of his Dynasty/Keeper value? I see a lot of panicking as far as this season goes, all though I have to disagree. I think he will have a better season than last year for fantasy purposes. I also expect his FT% to go up as he really was never as bad a FT shooter as he was last season. I don't know why he was so poor in that category, but I thought it was a bit unusual for him. He was never spectacular, but I expected low .700's or high 600's.

But yea, as far as Dynasty value. I still see him as a top 50 dynasty player, looking 2 to 3 years down the line I still think he has that kind of potential. Am I in the minority on this? Seems the case when I look at online Dynasty rankings.

What do you all think of his Dynasty/Keeper value? I see a lot of panicking as far as this season goes, all though I have to disagree. I think he will have a better season than last year for fantasy purposes. I also expect his FT% to go up as he really was never as bad a FT shooter as he was last season. I don't know why he was so poor in that category, but I thought it was a bit unusual for him. He was never spectacular, but I expected low .700's or high 600's.

But yea, as far as Dynasty value. I still see him as a top 50 dynasty player, looking 2 to 3 years down the line I still think he has that kind of potential. Am I in the minority on this? Seems the case when I look at online Dynasty rankings.

I don't really expect his free throws to go up much, the 19 game span in his rookie year where he shot/attempted a very low volume of FTs (77%) is a much smaller sample than the 76 games last season at 61% and his college stats - 76 games at 64%.

That being said, it could definitely go up but I don't think by too much, I'm almost positive that it's natural as a guy adjusts from a bench role to a starting role that his FTs increase and % goes down.

As far as for keeping:

I feel pretty good about him as a keeper. He's only 22 and (nowithstanding critics of the stat) posted a 19.14 PER, good for top 40 out of every qualifying player (337) - ahead of Bosh and right behind David Lee and P. Gasol. Top 4 when you look at guys 23 and under, behind Irving, Anthony Davis, and Kawhi.

He's got a promising career, I definitely wouldn't panic. If anything this could be a good buy-low time off of the guys who are panicking.

I don't know ... I'm seriously thinking of dropping him in favor of some other guys no ranked as high. I know its pre-season but he looked pretty awful again tonight and got plenty of minutes. He looked out of place all game. Howard and Harden also really dominate the ball and stats that I just don't think he will consistently put up better numbers than last year. My gut says he's going to be a letdown.

Depends on what you mean by letdown. If you're expecting much more than 12/7 with 1/1 then yeah, he'll be a letdown. But personally I think that's his floor.

He's a lock for close to 30mpg. If you look at the depth chart, there isn't much there on the frontline. Monty will split time between C (for Howard) and PF. And if you notice McHale's rotations, it seems he always has one of Howard or Jones out on the floor at all times. Papadakolopolous is a SF and they have a ton of wings and guards.

He'll be fine.

No let them drop. Everybody banking everything on preseason play. Jeez. Impatient owners never prosper anyways.

Took him with the 114th pick in my 12-teamer. Couldn't resist.

12/7 with 1/1/1 is what I'm hoping for (really hoping he can develop into a consistent spotup 3 threat), but I don't really see him becoming a 15+ ppg scorer the way that offense is centered around Harden and Howard

Worst case is he gets stuck in a time share with Motiejunas who tbh, I don't really know anything about....is he one dimensional stretch big or legit starter potential?....can any rockets fans here say whether that's a legit possibility?

12/7 with 1/1/1 is what I'm hoping for (really hoping he can develop into a consistent spotup 3 threat), but I don't really see him becoming a 15+ ppg scorer the way that offense is centered around Harden and Howard

Worst case is he gets stuck in a time share with Motiejunas who tbh, I don't really know anything about....is he one dimensional stretch big or legit starter potential?....can any rockets fans here say whether that's a legit possibility?

I have watched him he is quite garbage. Motiejunas is a glorified D-leaguer

Took him with the 114th pick in my 12-teamer. Couldn't resist.

I can't believe he would fall to 114th, even with his poor early preseason play. That's ridiculously low imo