Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheWhiteMamba

Terrence Jones 2014-2015 Season Outlook

12/7 with 1/1/1 is what I'm hoping for (really hoping he can develop into a consistent spotup 3 threat), but I don't really see him becoming a 15+ ppg scorer the way that offense is centered around Harden and Howard

Worst case is he gets stuck in a time share with Motiejunas who tbh, I don't really know anything about....is he one dimensional stretch big or legit starter potential?....can any rockets fans here say whether that's a legit possibility?

I have watched him he is quite garbage. Motiejunas is a glorified D-leaguer
This. DMot is no threat provided Jones plays well. It's really a case of Jones' job to lose as DMot won't be taking it from him.

As a Rockets fan, with the arrival of Big Papa (albeit he'll need some time to adjust to the NBA game) D-Mo needs to go. He has shown nothing.

As a Rockets fan, with the arrival of Big Papa (albeit he'll need some time to adjust to the NBA game) D-Mo needs to go. He has shown nothing.

So do you view Papa as the real threat to Jones? Isn't he more of a Sf?

He is, but he's versatile... can shoot the 3 as well as block. He can def play the role of a stretch 4 much better than D-Mo. I personally would love for Papa to get more burn behind TJ instead of D-Mo, no doubt. With Rockets quick style of play he is simply much better suited in every aspect (behind TJ of course).

Took him with the 114th pick in my 12-teamer. Couldn't resist.

I can't believe he would fall to 114th, even with his poor early preseason play. That's ridiculously low imo

Yeah, Dragic, Tony Parker and T. Jones all fell quite the bit in my league.

12/7 with 1/1/1 is what I'm hoping for (really hoping he can develop into a consistent spotup 3 threat), but I don't really see him becoming a 15+ ppg scorer the way that offense is centered around Harden and Howard

Worst case is he gets stuck in a time share with Motiejunas who tbh, I don't really know anything about....is he one dimensional stretch big or legit starter potential?....can any rockets fans here say whether that's a legit possibility?

This^ I watched a preseason game last week, vs the Magic I think...I have never seen someone miss more times within 3 feet of the basket haha. I think he literally went 1-10 or something, Hibbert esque.

This^ I watched a preseason game last week, vs the Magic I think...I have never seen someone miss more times within 3 feet of the basket haha. I think he literally went 1-10 or something, Hibbert esque.

5a44ab8d77f3fb6ba03ad3766daba34179b27b3b

5a44ab8d77f3fb6ba03ad3766daba34179b27b3b

It was the worst hahaha

I draft n traded. Don't trust Mchale with him. Also with Dwight out I expected him to step up those last couple preseason games. Someone needs to light a fire under his arse.

Well, the Rockets officially waived Jeff Adrien, Earl Clark, and Robert Covington. While that doesn't get rid of Tarick Back nor Dontas Montiejunas, it's still a good look.

If mchale gets canned how does terrence jones look then? I dont follow the rockets that much but does he have enough talent to rise to the top if a new coach were to take the reigns?

If mchale gets canned how does terrence jones look then? I dont follow the rockets that much but does he have enough talent to rise to the top if a new coach were to take the reigns?

Wouldn't really affect him, any problems in their scheme come down to the Harden and Howard dynamic, Jones does what he's meant to do already. In any case there's not much chance McHale is gone until 15-16, front office is too blindly loyal.

Remember Terrence Jones is on a team where Harden and Dwight are the superstars and everybody else is a role player. With that being said, it's on him to know his role when to be aggressive and not to take away from the dynamic Duo in Harden & Howard.

Wow a double double already. Keep it up Terrence...and stay away from homeless guys this year if you wouldn't mind...

10 points 9 boards with a steal and 2 blocks at the half. great start to his potential breakout season

lol i was typing this before he got a tip in before the buzzer. 12 and 10 double double already.

He's playing great tonight and he's playing awesome minutes (18 in first half). Let's just forget about his back ups stealing time.

This guy is the starter. He is everywhere tonight and what's great is he isn't forcing it. He's staying in his lane and when dwight or harden start attacking he gets into the action.

Told you this kid will be fine. He and Howard is all they have that's worth a damn at the big man spots. Monty will get a little bit of run but this kid will see 32+ mpg.

i knew he was worth reaching for at end of 6th. i hope he keeps this trend going of not getting to the line too haha but thats not going to happen

So far so good. I hope he plays well in the 2nd half :D I'm already happy with the double-double and of course the bonus stl and blk :D

Worth noting that Howard got in foul trouble early....but damn, he's good.