Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mpbaseball22

Rusney Castillo - 2B/OF BOS

Really don't get why the Red Sox would go after him especially since they have Betts.

Because JB sucks.

Agree about JB. What has his defense done for the Sox this year? If as they say Castillo is Gardner with power why not get him? He'd be the lead off guy they've been seeking since Ellsbury left and is only 27. The OF would then be Cespedes, Castillo and either Craig or Victorino.

If the org was so down on JB than why wouldn't they sit him and let Betts show what he has? The org still likes him because of his defense and his amazing arm. They shouldn't because he is not good offensively, but I think that's how they view him. If they sign Castillo than they need to trade Betts

If the org was so down on JB than why wouldn't they sit him and let Betts show what he has? The org still likes him because of his defense and his amazing arm. They shouldn't because he is not good offensively, but I think that's how they view him. If they sign Castillo than they need to trade Betts

Perhaps that's the plan. They need established starters. Perhaps he's in a package for Hamels. They then sign one of Lester or Shields.

I'm hearing Redsox Yankees Mariners and Phillies are out front.

Maybe Soriano with less pop?

Had a workout at Wrigley today. Pretty obvious move to make for Theo.

Not sure about obvious because of the soon-to-be OF logjam between Alcantara, Bryant and Soler. It would be one thing if those guys weren't close, but they should all be in the bigs in 2015. It would be another asset, I guess, but they'd probably need to trade Alcantara to make it work.

Obvious not to sign you mean. The Cubs don't have the need to sign an unproven player. They have plenty of younger and cheaper options with the same upside.

If Theo is going to throw out cash before next season, expect it to be pitching.

That would be amazing for his fantasy value. I'm hoping he signs with the yanks as a yanks fan too

Tigers might be the second best place because of his value

http://www.mlbtrader...four-teams.html

I would say he has a 75% to be with the Yankees, and at second base. Could easily be a top 10 option next year at 2B with his 15/30 upside.

Multiple sources indicated to Badler that the Red Sox had the largest contingent on-hand Saturday for Castillo’s showcase. He notes that Jackie Bradley has more upside at the plate

:blink:

http://www.mlbtrader...four-teams.html

I would say he has a 75% to be with the Yankees, and at second base. Could easily be a top 10 option next year at 2B with his 15/30 upside.

Multiple sources indicated to Badler that the Red Sox had the largest contingent on-hand Saturday for Castillo’s showcase. He notes that Jackie Bradley has more upside at the plate

:blink:

I hope that's not true

What I had originally heard is that he was definitely going to be a roster expansion type, but that was before he waited until mid-August (or later) to sign. Certainly possible, but as Morales demonstrated.... it's hard to get into the rhythm after not playing.

Hoping the Yankees...... would be more valuable at 2b instead of Outfield.

Yankees seems like the obvious signing in my opinion, mainly because its the Yankees

Think they might fast track him to get some atbats this year. Could be a difference maker if he lives up to the hype.

Cubans are to MLB what Samoans are to WWE.

I like this guy's chances. Worst case scenario he's an Uso and he's a tag team champion, best case scenario he's the Rock.

Good score for the cubs IMO. He looks like he might be a pretty toolsy player. Obviously more value if he sticks at 2b.