Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mpbaseball22

Rusney Castillo - 2B/OF BOS

Cubs would be pretty stacked, I assume some of their pieces at this point are going to be traded for pitching

Cubs would be pretty stacked, I assume some of their pieces at this point are going to be traded for pitching

Some may not work out.

http://www.mlbtrader...rs-tuesday.html

Cubs sound out of the running. Detroit, Red Sox or Giants now seem to be favorites.

So one of the most respected baseball writers in this country says that two sources claim the Cubs will get Castillo and then an hour later another report indicates they are out of it.

Hilarious how "good" journalism is.

Cubs sound out of the running. Detroit, Red Sox or Giants now seem to be favorites.

So one of the most respected baseball writers in this country says that two sources claim the Cubs will get Castillo and then an hour later another report indicates they are out of it.

Well whoever reported they are out of it might of done a "good job reporting"

Cubs don't make much sense to me. It going to take 45 to land this guy. They need to invest it in pitching. Yanks don't seem like a possibility either with Elsbury in CF. Arod is back next year. Will be a huge luxury tax hit if they sign this guy.

I'd say Detroit is the front runner. And that is why they traded Austin Jackson. B/c they planned to sign this guy all along for the stretch run. Red sox have Betts up the middle, I guess they are in, but won't outspend the field. He would be the 2nd best position player on the Phils behind Utley, so they should be all in.

Don't see San Fran as a fit b/c of Pagan.

I think it is down to Detroit and Philly. With Seattle also a strong possibility.

be all in.

I think it is down to Detroit and Philly. With Seattle also a strong possibility.

Pagan is 33, he does have 2 years left on a deal. They only have 2 solid OFers (Pence) and Morse is a FA. Seems like its not an awful fit in SF.

White Sox might be a good fit. They don't really have much going for them in their OF and having Abreu there might be a good fit for a fellow Cuban.

Not sure if Houston is ready to spend, but they have plenty of holes. Miami too, also close to Cuba and has a big Cuban population (Cespedes was always rumored to go there)

How about the A's? They did well with a Cuban already and are struggling on offense, he could help a team this year.

I feel like the Yankees and Sox have enough committed to their OF already.

Lastly I feel like the Mets are a good landing spot. They dont really have an OF spot designated for anyone besides Granderson and next year they are going to really look to compete behind a very good rotation.

I'd say Dodgers...they obviously need to sign more Cuban players that have no place to play on their major league squad.

Cubs don't make much sense to me. It going to take 45 to land this guy. They need to invest it in pitching. Yanks don't seem like a possibility either with Elsbury in CF. Arod is back next year. Will be a huge luxury tax hit if they sign this guy.

I'd say Detroit is the front runner. And that is why they traded Austin Jackson. B/c they planned to sign this guy all along for the stretch run. Red sox have Betts up the middle, I guess they are in, but won't outspend the field. He would be the 2nd best position player on the Phils behind Utley, so they should be all in.

Remember he can also play the infield and the Sox also have a need there. With Middlebrooks injured yet again he could play at third. The Outfield is no sure thing other than Cespedes. It could be an outfield of Cespedes, Castillio in Center and pick one of Victorino (back surgery), Holt (Will probably be your super utility guy), for right field with either Nava, Betts or JBJ in the mix.

I really think the Sox want some stability in the outfield and Castillo could bring that.

I still can't figure out why the Blue Jays are not showing more interest. They have an obvious need at 2nd base and the outfield. They say that they have room to add more payroll if the right player came along and they would not have to deplete their farm anymore. Last time I checked they were still in the race this year too.

With Boston the favorite landing spot. I wonder if Boston acquired Cespedes, at least in part, with this in mind.

I had figured they acquired Cespedes to try and flip him and top prospects to Miami this off-season for Stanton. Cedpedes, being Cuban of course, would be a huge draw/selling point for the large Miami Cuban community.

With Boston the favorite landing spot. I wonder if Boston acquired Cespedes, at least in part, with this in mind.

I had figured they acquired Cespedes to try and flip him and top prospects to Miami this off-season for Stanton. Cedpedes, being Cuban of course, would be a huge draw/selling point for the large Miami Cuban community.

I love your theories, but this is deep man.

Not that we need another righty with Pedroia Cespedes Napoli Craig and Bogaerts (and Betts is a righty too), but if Castillo can pan out then the Sawx add a talented hitter to the top of the order who should be able to help create some runs. After seeing Cespedes, Puig, and Abreu pan out recently (and Leonys Martin has been good enough defensively to be an annual 2.5+ WAR guy), there is definitely hope that they Cuban players are legit. And I don't know much about Castillo so that is where my personal scouting of him ends. I'm definitely excited though. Seems like he has a quick bat through the zone, a cannon arm, and a sweet follow through (judging off of Youtube vids).

I like the signing but he isn't Puig or Cespedes. Best case he is a Ellsbury type with a better arm. Sox now have 7 OFs on roster, and it looks like they will try to package some of them (Betts, Nava, JBJ) for a pitcher this offseason. Not sure where this leaves Victorino in the mix either unless he is a salary dump.

Still not in Yahoo player pool.

He won't be until he either plays an MLB game this season or Yahoo adds him over the off season.

What about for CBS when will he get added?

THIS!!! CBS is typically really good with getting players in early ... but not with Rusney - ARGH!!!

Still not in Yahoo player pool.

He won't be until he either plays an MLB game this season or Yahoo adds him over the off season.

Not always.

During the season, new players and prospects are added to the game during our nightly system update (following their addition to their MLB team's active roster).

Keep in mind, anytime that we add new players to the "available players" pool, they're always subject to your league's waiver rules.

If your league uses the "Wait until called up to the Majors" setting, prospects may not be available in the player pool until after their first actual MLB game is played, after which they'll be added to the pool (subject to waivers)...

Teams may announce their intention to call up a prospect, they may not make the actual transaction doing so until the day of their MLB debut.

https://help.yahoo.c...mpressions=true

If your league setting is "As soon as Yahoo adds them" (Which is the setting used in public leagues) then they should show up on waivers the night of when they are added to an MLB active roster, not necessarily their debut. They will be on waivers.

If your league uses "Wait until called up to the Majors" then they will be added the night of their MLB debut. They will also be placed on Waivers.

You're right if your league setting is "Wait until called up to the Majors"

What about for CBS when will he get added?

Once deal is finalized.

From CBS twitter about 20 minutes ago.