Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MonsterMan

Jake Petricka 2014 Outlook

10 posts in this topic

Filling in nicely for the ChiSox while Putnam is on the DL and Lindstrom rehabs. Picked up his 6th save today.

Short-term or ROS Closer?

I still believe Lindstrom takes over. Petricka has done well recently, but he still walks too many guys. Lindstrom was throwing quite well before going down. But like Nefarious said, who knows with Ventura.

I still believe Lindstrom takes over. Petricka has done well recently, but he still walks too many guys. Lindstrom was throwing quite well before going down. But like Nefarious said, who knows with Ventura.

He was?

3.32 ERA, 1.47 WHIP, 11 K, 9 BB in 19 IP

The ERA's not too scary but everything else screams STAY AWAY

Disagree. Petricka will keep the job until he loses it, IMO.

He was?

I know his season stats. I said "before going down", not "the whole year". There's a difference. I believe there was only one outing in his last ten where he gave up a run.

Disagree. Petricka will keep the job until he loses it, IMO.

I tend to agree here. There's really no reason to go back to Lindstrom unless Petricka blows up a bunch of times.

If you subscribe to the Pale hose are out of it and rebuilding then having Petricka get innings and confidence to be the closer now and in the future would make sense.

If you subscribe to the narrative the Pale Hose still are going for the WC (6.5 out) then Petricka has been scored upon 1 in his last 14 outings (knock on wood) which is a much stronger streak then Lindstrom ever had this season. Why upset the delicate balance?

Neither is going to remind anyone of Kimbrel but other than the old rule that you don't lose your job b/c of injury, there's not a ton of upside to re-installing Lindstrom (trade deadline is over and no one would want him as a closer regardless).

Therefore, I absolutely expect Ventura to put Lindstrom right back in there to save games b/c he's an idiot.....

1 person likes this

He was?

I know his season stats. I said "before going down", not "the whole year". There's a difference. I believe there was only one outing in his last ten where he gave up a run.

He gave up 4 runs in his last 10 outings (9 IP)

I would definitely pick up Petricka if he is out in your free agent pool. The walks scare me some, but his H/9 is awesome.

All that crap with the closer role that Ventura went through early in the season...really all he wanted was a somewhat stable closer. He has that now. He won't change that unless he is forced to make another change, IMO.