Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sya

Kevin Durant 2014-2015 Season Outlook

Chances of winning a ship obviously go down without him, and here I thought I got a steal drafting him at #21 and thinking my league mates were insane to let him fall. I guess I was the dumb one.

not dumb, your league mates are just far smarter than most. Id have jumped on him @21 without question.

And to think I could still have Bledsoe cause I traded him in a package deal for Durant lol gotta love it

Well I don't think it's a matter of "dumb" and "smart". That's just too easy to say in hindsight. It's not necessarily dumb to draft a player who has an injury, especially when it's Kevin Durant. It's a bit of a gamble, but it can win you the championship in a competitive league to draw a player like him so late. Initially it seemed that he was going to be fine and would recover 100% and return during the season. He did seem fine for a while too, playing top 5 level while he was healthy. When he injured his ankle and the messages of soreness in his foot returned, all went down the drain though.

In January I offered Russell Westbrook straight up for Kevin Durant. Guy said no.

PHEW.

In H2H leagues, I'd probably put him 4th behind Harden, Curry and maybe CP3 assuming his foot issue doesn't get rectified by the start of the pre-season. Even with a clean bill of health I'd still be wary of drafting him first overall in H2H leagues.

Foot fractures are the bane of existence for 7-foot tall athletes.

Assuming his foot is healed, there is no doubt I will draft him 1st if I had the opportunity. Only Davis and perhaps Curry might tempt me otherwise.

haha, love picking up Olynyk to try and replace value lol.... yea, im done....

Chances of winning a ship obviously go down without him, and here I thought I got a steal drafting him at #21 and thinking my league mates were insane to let him fall. I guess I was the dumb one.

Not dumb at all. It's called a gamble for a reason.

This obviously stings a bit as we were all looking for KD to carry us to the promise land. Good luck to all that had a back up plan and to those in daily leagues that will have to get creative.

New drafting rule: Don't mess around with foot injuries

I'll take it up a notch and say: Don't mess around with fractures in extremities.

NEVER....NEVER rush back from foot injuries especially a Jones Fracture. History has dictated this countless of times.

I'll take it up a notch and say: Don't mess around with fractures in extremities.

Ehhhh, broken finger/hand is not really a big deal because it's not a load bearing extremity. But legs are not to be trifled with!

Ehhhh, broken finger/hand is not really a big deal because it's not a load bearing extremity. But legs are not to be trifled with!

Absolutely. Lower extremities have to be given more attention to but a fracture in the hand/finger can't be ignored. Case in point, Kevin Love fractured his metacarpal about 3 seasons ago. He returns after several weeks, re-fractures it and ended up missing majority of the season.

So is this the result of 'rushing back' too early? If so, stupid stupid fool. Like a wise man once said, "patience is bitter but it's fruits are sweet".

I wouldnt even draft Durant in the 2nd round. This guy will be injury prone from now on.

??????????????????????????????

Goodbye Durant, hello Paul George?

Paul George is targeting a season debut this week and could debut as soon as Saturday against the Nets, according to Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com.

This comes as a surprise with George having a little limp at practice earlier this week. Even if he does return, the Pacers are likely going to handle him with kid gloves and put a minutes cap on him. The Pacers have lost three in a row and have suddenly dropped to the ninth seed in the Eastern Conference.

So is he DONE, done for the season? He was just dropped in my league by a non playoff team... I'm guessing to test the remaining players haha