Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pittkidd

2014 Value Pick Thread

54 posts in this topic

here are players w/ great value,,,,,,,,,,(Ben Roethlisberger) coming of great yr stat wise, finished as 8th Best QB last yr.current (ADP is 12th rd)

(Antonio Gates) he has at the very least 1 or 2 very good yrs left. he's super solid as a 14.15.16 rd pick (Anquan Boldin) 13 rd, older yes w/ that said he put great stats up last yr. and he is a pro's pro

1 person likes this

Not sure if I'm reading a post or any eye chart but I won't touch any of those guys unless I'm playing in a deep (14-team+) league

7 people like this

Tony Gonzalez has been a good endgame pick for me, and I've been taking Clinton Portis the round earlier. Can't believe people are sleeping on these guys.

7 people like this

Cam Newton is going 91st overall right now. I know QB is a rich position but he's finished top 5 his entire career if I'm not mistaken, and Benjamin is probably an upgrade over what Smith was last season, I don't think the dropoff will be near as significant as the fantasy community thinks it will be.

Also I know he's a Raider now but if James Jones is going 174th overall in my leagues, I'll probably own him in every one of them.

Amendola is intriguing in the 9th round and for some reason I have a gut feeling MJD will surprise, at least in PPR anyway, there won't be many TDs obviously.

Kenny Britt.

The guy that's always finally fully healed and ready to damage at the start of every season? I wonder if he comes out and makes the same comment again this year.... oh wait...

Kenny Britt says he's finally fully recovered both physically and mentally from his 2011 ACL tear.

Britt was on his way to NFL superstar status when he blew out his knee three weeks into the 2011 season. He should have been back to 100 percent by 2013 at the absolute latest, but a well-chronicled lack of maturity likely contributed to his slow progress. Still just 25 and now reunited with Jeff Fisher, Britt is having a monster training camp and is penned in as the Rams' No. 1 receiver. His ADP has crept into the 11th round. Aug 13 - 8:31 AM

Maybe this time it's real. I'm just ribbing you though, if he can be 75% of the man he was in 2011 for that brief period in time, his ADP asking price will be returned in gold.

1 person likes this

QB-Matt Ryan

RB-Lamar Miller(yes Lamar Miller ..again)

WR-Terrance WIlliams

TE-Heath Miller

QB-Matt Ryan

WR-Terrance WIlliams

TE-Heath Miller

I've seen Miller going in the 3-4th rounds right now. I don't see that being value at all.

QB-Matt Ryan

WR-Terrance WIlliams

TE-Heath Miller

I've seen Miller going in the 3-4th rounds right now. I don't see that being value at all.

Heath Miller drafted in the 4th-5th rounds? I don't think I've even seen drafted in some of the mocks I've done.

1 person likes this

QB-Matt Ryan

WR-Terrance WIlliams

TE-Heath Miller

Heath Miller drafted in the 4th-5th rounds? I don't think I've even seen drafted in some of the mocks I've done.

I think he is talking about Lamar Miller. If Lamar Miller is being drafted in the 3rd round of a shallow league(10-12 teams) then you are playing with idiots. This is coming from a Miller supporter

QB - Jay Cutler, Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, Cam Newton

RB - I'm liking where Vereen keeps falling in PPR formats. He's the only Pats RB I'm willing to gamble on, and I like the price & upside. I also think Rashad Jennings is a really unsexy pick but has a lot of value at the end of RB2 territory.

WR - Roddy White, Cruz, and a couple weeks ago I would have said Cooks & Benjamin but they are starting to shoot up draft boards, so . . . frack. Michael Floyd

TE - Pitta, Zach Ertz, Travis Kelce (DEEP sleeper!), Ladarius Green

QB - Jay Cutler, Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, Cam Newton

RB - I'm liking where Vereen keeps falling in PPR formats. He's the only Pats RB I'm willing to gamble on, and I like the price & upside. I also think Rashad Jennings is a really unsexy pick but has a lot of value at the end of RB2 territory.

WR - Roddy White, Cruz, and a couple weeks ago I would have said Cooks & Benjamin but they are starting to shoot up draft boards, so . . . frack. Michael Floyd

TE - Pitta, Zach Ertz, Travis Kelce (DEEP sleeper!), Ladarius Green

In ppr formats I echo your sentiments on Vereen and Jennings. Jennings has always had good hands and the Giants have installed a short passing game.

QB-Matt Ryan

WR-Terrance WIlliams

TE-Heath Miller

I think he is talking about Lamar Miller. If Lamar Miller is being drafted in the 3rd round of a shallow league(10-12 teams) then you are playing with idiots. This is coming from a Miller supporter

He went in the 3rd in one of Roto's mocks, so I agree.

1 person likes this

QB-Matt Ryan

WR-Terrance WIlliams

TE-Heath Miller

I did the same thing when I read that. HEATH MILLER?!?! Took me a few seconds to realize there was another Miller on that list.

A few guys I have in mind as good potential value picks

Chris Johnson, Lamar Miller, Rashad Jennings, Jeremy Hill

Kaepernick, Roethlisburger

Jarrett Boykin, Maclin

I was just saying value by position only regarding Miller wasn't going by ADP. He's ranked as like the 20th RB in most circles, I see his ceiling being much higher though. I would never touch until he 5th or 6th after last yrs debacle. I could envisions him having better numbers than guys like Foster/Bernard/Martin/Gerhart

All-Value pick team: (ADP on ESPN)

HM= Honorable Mention

QB: Matt Ryan (86th). HM: Jay Cutler (109th)

RB: Andre Ellington (49th)...ridiculous value

RB: Toby Gerhart (61st)...ridiculous value

WR: Roddy White (48th)

WR: Mike Wallace (87th) HM: Marques Colston (79th)

TE: Jordan Reed (120th)

Flex: Shane Vereen (72nd) HM: Pierre Thomas (88th)

Bench: Terrance West (158th), Andrew Hawkins (199th), Brandin Cooks (128th), Jeremy Hill (149th), Rueben Randle (161), Fred Jackson (97th), Bryce Brown (UNDRAFTED). HM: James White (UNDRAFTED)

Seriously, that is a playoff team right there (assuming 6 of 12 teams make the playoffs). i realize the bench is the all-hype team, but one or two of those guys should breakout.

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, August 14, 2014 - No Reason · Report post

would anyone keep Ellington for a 15th rounder over Charles who will cost me a first ?

I was just saying value by position only regarding Miller wasn't going by ADP. He's ranked as like the 20th RB in most circles, I see his ceiling being much higher though. I would never touch until he 5th or 6th after last yrs debacle. I could envisions him having better numbers than guys like Foster/Bernard/Martin/Gerhart

loooooooolllll

1 person likes this

All-Value pick team: (ADP on ESPN)

HM= Honorable Mention

QB: Matt Ryan (86th). HM: Jay Cutler (109th)

RB: Andre Ellington (49th)...ridiculous value

RB: Toby Gerhart (61st)...ridiculous value

WR: Roddy White (48th)

WR: Mike Wallace (87th) HM: Marques Colston (79th)

TE: Jordan Reed (120th)

Flex: Shane Vereen (72nd) HM: Pierre Thomas (88th)

Bench: Terrance West (158th), Andrew Hawkins (199th), Brandin Cooks (128th), Jeremy Hill (149th), Rueben Randle (161), Fred Jackson (97th), Bryce Brown (UNDRAFTED). HM: James White (UNDRAFTED)

Seriously, that is a playoff team right there (assuming 6 of 12 teams make the playoffs). i realize the bench is the all-hype team, but one or two of those guys should breakout.

It's incredible how different ADPs can be. FFC has Ellington at 30 and Gerhart at 38, and those are both in standard formats.