Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikeF

Kenbrell Thompkins 2014 Season Outlook

33 posts in this topic

Just noticed the Aaron Dobson thread heating up as I was about to post this :lol:

Rotoworld and the fantasy expert community in general continues to view Thompkins as a backup that's fighting for no better than the 5th receiver spot but there's so much positive talk about this guy it seems weird that he's just expected to disappear behind Edelman, Amendola, Dobson and LaFell once the season starts. Looked good last night too and once again Tom Brady talking up how much he trusts him...is he really as irrelevant as we're lead to believe?

Dobson is a bit of the WR version of Sankey albeit on a smaller scale. There's very little middle ground. You either focus on him running the wrong routes and dropping the ball or you see his opportunity and potential in his offense. I come out on the skepticism Sid on Dobson and LaFell, which makers Thompkins a person of interest.

Dobson is a bit of the WR version of Sankey albeit on a smaller scale. There's very little middle ground. You either focus on him running the wrong routes and dropping the ball or you see his opportunity and potential in his offense. I come out on the skepticism Sid on Dobson and LaFell, which makers Thompkins a person of interest.

This DID NOT help my headache.

Kenbrell will have 3 good weeks, 3 mediocre weeks and 10 utter disappointments. Stay away.

Too many targets in NE...but at some point you know Amendola and Gronk will get hurt, Kenbrell might be an option off the wire when that happens...

Tough call on what to do with him, especially in dynasty. Would hate to drop a starting receiver for the Patriots but it's hard to know for certain if he will keep the job come week 1.

Rotoworld's blurb about Dobson's locker being moved next to Brady's seemed ominous but in reading further it appears that was done awhile back. The blurb also failed to mention that Brandon LaFell was put on the other side of Brady so it doesn't seem quite as important as to what's going on in New England.

Too many targets in NE...but at some point you know Amendola and Gronk will get hurt, Kenbrell might be an option off the wire when that happens...

All it takes is one guy to outshine the rest. New England is desparately looking for someone to step up.

If Dobson can get himself healthy, he will be the guy to own. However, that appears to be a pretty big "if."

Guy I would take early:

Gronk

Guy I would take as a WR3/4 in PPR:

Edelman

Guy I would take a late round flier on:

Dobson

Thompkins doesn't cut the list for me on the Pats squad

He is a favorite of Brady's, but the biggest thing that will affect his value is the health and effectiveness of the other receivers.

1. Gronk and Edelman will be first priority for targets no matter what.
  2. Dobson is currently hurt, Amendola probably will get hurt, and so far Lafell has not shown much.
  3. As long as one of those three is out/ineffective, Thompkins has some value. If two are out, then he has some good upside for a late round or waiver pick up.

Anyone outside of Vereen, Gronk, and Edelman, I'm avoiding on this team. Some on here don't like Edelman this season. I'm a lot higher on him than others, I guess. Since the first time I saw him play, I though he would eventually take over Welker's role. I still think that in a way.

What a roller coaster of a young career for this guy. This guy was on a rocket ship to fantasy relevance early last season until that rocket ship became a propeller plane with no engine and propeller.

I wonder if his plane ticket to oakland is already booked. They need some more overrated players to overpay.

1 person likes this

What? Another hyped up training camp stud from the Pats that is cut by the team? Shocking.