Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jclee4

Espn and Yahoo Mock Drafts

I've never done a mock draft but I'm really looking forward to trying it out this year. Does anyone know when Espn or yahoo opens it up for practice? Around September or October?

yahoo i have no clue

espn all i know is when you go to setup a league the 1st day you can live draft is Wed. September 17th

I've never done a mock draft but I'm really looking forward to trying it out this year. Does anyone know when Espn or yahoo opens it up for practice? Around September or October?

I got bored at work today and tried to find this same thing out. lol

You can always start up a mock on this forum. You'll find 11 other guys to make it work, no problem.

Not sure about espn. But as soon as yahoo opens, their mock drafts are available. In past years I've seen yahoo open in the last week of aug., first week of sept and the latest the second week of sept. like last year. So I would assume in the next 1-3 weeks we can start mock drafting.

Although I would be open in doing another mock draft here before mock drafts open. The last mock draft I was in on here didn't finish for what ever reasons and I felt I had a pretty good team

Not sure about espn. But as soon as yahoo opens, their mock drafts are available. In past years I've seen yahoo open in the last week of aug., first week of sept and the latest the second week of sept. like last year. So I would assume in the next 1-3 weeks we can start mock drafting.

Although I would be open in doing another mock draft here before mock drafts open. The last mock draft I was in on here didn't finish for what ever reasons and I felt I had a pretty good team

That's cause you got on the wrong mock draft group. Ours was finished very fast (for a forum mock draft).

If I recall correctly, last year Yahoo opened on Sempember 16th. But there was a delay due to the new layout changes, so they may start earlier this time, hopefully in a couple of weeks

That's cause you got on the wrong mock draft group. Ours was finished very fast (for a forum mock draft).

I gad the same problem with the 8cat H2H mock draft. don't know if I can blame the other managers, since we had some troubles with the difference in time zone for some managers.

I'm open for another 8cat H2H snake draft if other people want to participate. If enough people want to join we can maybe split by timezone to speed things up.

I'm also up for another mock, any snake draft format.

Me too. I need to make up for the Vegas trip during the last mock. :unsure: No LV this time, promise.

So far we have TerribleSwedes, ShaHerpes, Letinguyen, Kaboom. We probably need a new thread so we aren't hijacking this one.

I gad the same problem with the 8cat H2H mock draft. don't know if I can blame the other managers, since we had some troubles with the difference in time zone for some managers.

I'm open for another 8cat H2H snake draft if other people want to participate. If enough people want to join we can maybe split by timezone to speed things up.

I'm also up for another mock, any snake draft format.

I'm up for one more draft before online mocks begins.

I was part of that inconclusive draft and although it was painfully slow at times, all in all I think it was really useful for me.

So count me in!

I have never done a mock draft on forums but I would be down as well (preferably a 9 cat H2H)

Awesome turnout so far, I'll get the thread started.

ESPN opens mocks the first day you can draft, which is sep 17.

HOWEVER!!! Last year I called ESPNs fantasy help line about a week before the first leagues were set to draft, and they actually opened up the mock draft lobby early for me (be very polite if you do this). Took about 10 minutes including hold time, if you guys are itching to mock I would give them a call once the first set of rankings come out.

Yahoo fantasy basketball opens up on August 22nd this year.

Source: Email from Yahoo for commissioners.

That is super early, 3 days?! Surely they won't have mock lobbies ready then as well :S?

Smart by yahoo if its true as everyone will go through their site for two weeks with no competition.