Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jclee4

Espn and Yahoo Mock Drafts

Wow, seriously? That seems very early.

That is super early, 3 days?! Surely they won't have mock lobbies ready then as well :S?

Can you post the email, i'm a little dubious.

3 days?! Hopefully that is true!

This is a screen capture of the email I got earlier.

Capture_zps367c1182.png

I don't know if that's "super early", maybe a little earlier than usual but haven't they always opened in late August?

I'm a commissioner and haven't gotten this e-mail about Aug. 22. Has anyone else gotten one besides Doctor L?

Not casting doubt, just looking for additional verification. The basketball home screen has changed and my past leagues are temporarily unavailable, which suggests they're at least working on something...

It's legitimate, our league received it as well. Check under promotions if you're using gmail, it should be there.

so does this mean we can set up mock draft lobbies on that date?

The mock drafts rooms have always opened up at the same time that sign-ups opened, at least since I started playing fantasy basketball.

This doesnt necessarily mean there will be projections by Aug 22, right? Just that you can sign up and mock?

I don't know if that's "super early", maybe a little earlier than usual but haven't they always opened in late August?

Not in my experience, mid to late september has been the window. Most people dont care about fantasy hoops, so theyve always done it about a month in advance unlike football which opens way earlier.

This doesnt necessarily mean there will be projections by Aug 22, right? Just that you can sign up and mock?

Not in my experience, mid to late september has been the window. Most people dont care about fantasy hoops, so theyve always done it about a month in advance unlike football which opens way earlier.

are you thinking about ESPN? Yahoo has always opened much earlier than that.

Alright. Finished work. I'm into it.

Just did a 12 teamer mock on yahoo. LOL is all i can say. their rankings are insanely bad (Rolo at 120 something, D Rose in top 25, Bosh at 35...so fail).

Look at how OP the team i drafted was: Love (pick 10 LOL), Bosh, Kawhi, Conley, Bledsoe, Rolo, Ariza, Beverley, Sanders, Markieff, Dieng, Chalmers, Kj McDaniels

someone took Cousins and Westbrook before Love, someone took kyrie with the 11th pick lol these people were clueless

Everybody always thinks the teams they draft in these things are great and everybody else's sucks.

There are some very bad rankings up right now. They will adjust soon enough; typically, they do the first batch, then a couple days later they update based on the screw-ups people point out or that they notice based on where people are being picked. Then they'll have a couple more revisions, right up to the start of the season.

Not enough people seem to know about them yet for the mocks to be rewarding haha, it's pretty much just us from this thread :P

They did? Looks good to me

I was just making a joke because I got an email I posted on here saying that registration would open up on the 22nd when it actually opened up on the 21st. It's unusually early but I'll gladly take it.

dnh5hs.jpg

Looks like tomorrow isn't the date. I never received that email either and I commish 3 leagues

It's open. Come on now, what did you expect? The rest of us to get the email but you being deliberately left out? Maybe you don't have notification set up properly?