Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mmedrek15

Knile Davis 2014 Season Outlook

544 posts in this topic

Runs a 4.37 40 yard dash, the handcuff to Jaamal, showed spurts of talent towards the end of last season. He hasn't showed a lot so far this preseason, but if anything ends up happening to Jaamal, Knile will be the first shot, no questions asked. He's definitely more valuable in dynasty/keeper leagues than re-drafts since there will not be immediate playing time, but in my opinion is worth a look otherwise.

Tempting to take Jamaal just to have a productive safety valve in Davis should anything happen

1 person likes this

Tempting to take Jamaal just to have a productive safety valve in Davis should anything happen

Exactly why I have Charles #1.

1 - Hes Jamaal Charles

2 - his handcuff is a top 10 RB if disaster strikes

1 - Hes Jamaal Charles

I'd say with confidence the best back-up in the league right now.

1 - Hes Jamaal Charles

what if you take Charles and miss out on Davis.. that's the real disaster

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, August 21, 2014 - No Reason · Report post

1 - Hes Jamaal Charles

What if God was one of us?

1 - Hes Jamaal Charles

what if mustard was ketchup colored?

1 - Hes Jamaal Charles

He is and his name is Jamaal Charles. ;)

3 people like this

what round would you guys say Charles owners should look to lock him up?

Based on the annual markup for handcuffs, the fact that it's feasible he has standalone value during bye weeks, and the fact that he's got talent on par with JC's, I'd say you sacrifice a 7th or 8th rounder if you're desperate to handcuff.

As someone picking outside of the top 8, I'll be looking to snipe handcuffs like Knile that could have a good amount of flex value in the 9th and later rounds. If their starter goes down and I have two starting RBs, I have someone to trade to the starter's owner. If I'm struggling to field a decent RB corps by that point, I've got a guaranteed starter until the "stud" returns.

I won't overpay and reach for them, but if they're sitting out there at decent value and there's no one else I'm thrilled with, I'll take them.

1 person likes this

Based on the annual markup for handcuffs, the fact that it's feasible he has standalone value during bye weeks, and the fact that he's got talent on par with JC's, I'd say you sacrifice a 7th or 8th rounder if you're desperate to handcuff.

As someone picking outside of the top 8, I'll be looking to snipe handcuffs like Knile that could have a good amount of flex value in the 9th and later rounds. If their starter goes down and I have two starting RBs, I have someone to trade to the starter's owner. If I'm struggling to field a decent RB corps by that point, I've got a guaranteed starter until the "stud" returns.

I won't overpay and reach for them, but if they're sitting out there at decent value and there's no one else I'm thrilled with, I'll take them.

Completely agree, in fact I was shocked that he was still floating around in the draft room in round 12 of my 16-team keeper league, so I snabbed him at 190 overall. I do not own Jamaal, but I have Shady, so this guy could easily make a FLEX start during a bye week or something, OR I could end up trading the dude to Jamaal's owner for a steep price, hang on to him until he becomes a stud, or trade him away to the guy who owns my handcuff (Chris Polk) plus whoever else makes it a fair trade. I doubt most people will be able to draft him so low, but even somewhere around 105-120th overall is definitely worth it, especially in dynasty/keeper formats.

You guys act like your guaranteed to get kniles Davis if u take Charles. You'd be dissapointed if you played with me bc I'll do the sane without Charles! Talk about trade bait

1 - Hes Jamaal Charles

But then don't you have to take his 'cuff mad early?

Friend in my auction league had $1 left and was waiting on him, so I nominated him for $2 and put and end to that.

1 - Hes Jamaal Charles

But then don't you have to take his 'cuff mad early?

Yeah yo

Picked him up late as handcuff, as people are suggesting. It only makes sense, and luckily I didn't have to reach since it was a live draft and everyone was drunk by then. :D (14th rd pick)

He's actually one of the reasons I felt good about taking Charles first overall.

Posted · Hidden by phizzics, August 21, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

Reminds me of the days when there were "elite" handcuffs

Now its just sh1tshow

1 - Hes Jamaal Charles

In my first money league Charles fell to #4 to me and I was sure to get Knile in the last round. I feel pretty confident that I'm set at RB1 for the whole season.

If you don't own Charles, how long are you guys planning on holding? Since I'm holding on to Gordon, my bench is very limited.

If you don't own Charles, how long are you guys planning on holding? Since I'm holding on to Gordon, my bench is very limited.

Typically a bad idea to hold someone else's cuff but in case of Knile he is an top 12 RB if JC goes down which can be this week or the week after. There really is no timeline on how long to hold guys like this. Instead of dropping, trade to the guy who has JC. I am sure he will gladly overpay.

screaming_vultures: why do you say its a bad idea to have someone else's cuff? In my opinion that's bad advice.

I get what he's saying. I agree that it is generally a bad idea, because which handcuff out of all those teams do you burn a bench spot for? It doesn't really make sense to. Unless it's a unique case like Davis, or Ben Tate behind Foster a couple of years ago.

1 person likes this

Trade bait to the JC owner or you're just gunna be burning a bench spot in hopes JC either gets injured or an AP situation arises IMO. Solid trade bait though, he'll just rarely see time unless something happens.