Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big_Man

Pick 3 keepers! WHIR

19 posts in this topic

I have my first few keepers easily decided but the last 3 I'm having some trouble with... Pick 3 out of the following! The max amount of years I can keep each player is next to them. WHIR

Joey Gallo 4 years

Joc Pederson 4 years

Kyle Seager 3 years

Jorge Soler 4 years

Mookie Betts 4 years

Gallo has bust written all over him. I'd stay far away. Striking out 41% of the time in AA. That's almost unheard of.

I think his upside is Adam Dunn - and not the good version - the Adam Dunn from present day.

Gallo has bust written all over him. I'd stay far away. Striking out 41% of the time in AA. That's almost unheard of.

I think his upside is Adam Dunn - and not the good version - the Adam Dunn from present day.

Multiple 40 HR seasons in the minors is also almost unheard of. Baseball America ranks him the No. 4 prospect in MiLIB. If you don't keep him due to bust potential, at least trade him for an even better keeper. Upside is way higher than Dunn, he does have bust potential though.

Pederson, Betts, and Seager

Agreed. Seager is already a very good MLB player. It's worth it to sacrifice some upside in order to keep the known quantity. Plus, there's no guarantee that any of the minor leaguers there will be in the bigs for most of 2015. You are likely looking at about 3 MLB season from any of those players.

Betts and Joc have huge upside, and the Trolley Dodgers are likely to make a move this winter to give Joc a chance to play.

I have my first few keepers easily decided but the last 3 I'm having some trouble with... Pick 3 out of the following! The max amount of years I can keep each player is next to them. WHIR

Joey Gallo 4 years

Joc Pederson 4 years

Kyle Seager 3 years

Jorge Soler 4 years

Mookie Betts 4 years

I'm surprised there isn't more love for soler.

Me too.. I think I'm one of the only ones who suggested keeping him. He's going to be a top notch power bat in a loaded lineup for at least two of the years that you can keep him for. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

For me, the decision is Gallo or Seager.. If he's not competing to win now, take Gallo. If he's got a chance to win now, take Seager.

Seager is 100%, he's proven and only going to get better as he hits his prime.

There are concerns about contact rate for both Gallo and Pederson in the minors.

I think Soler has made the case already to be kept.

So is Betts.

I keep Seager, Betts, Soler

Help here? http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=456204