Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lovepuig

Brandon McManus 2014 outlook

84 posts in this topic

Wouldn't be surprised if Elway kept him and cut Prater if he does well in these first 4 games. $4m is a lot to pay to a kicker who is one drunken evening away from another suspension

I doubt Prater will get,but anyone kicking for Denver should be pretty awesome this season, cant go wrong, unless he stinks

I kept checking every half our after the trade went through. In a perfect world he'd still start after Prater returns.

Would they trade for a kicker if the intent wasnt to possibly use him all season? I mean why not sign one of these jobless guys for four weeks instead?

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, August 27, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

I grabbed him in a few leagues where I could afford to add him. You never know. And having that offenses kicker for 4 games can't be a bad thing.

Renting Peyton Mannings kicker for the first 4 games can't be a bad thing. And maybe if we get lucky they'll keep him and tell Prater to kick rocks. Not likely, but you never know.

Sure Den's D will provide more kicking opportunities but the main draw to Prater was his long range kicking success.

Sure Den's D will provide more kicking opportunities but the main draw to Prater was his long range kicking success.

It does help that this guy hit a 53 yarder in preseason

Broncos first four games, three are at home in the mile high air versus Indy, Kansas City, at Seattle, and back home for Arizona. I'll probably use him for the first four and drop him afterwards. Outside of that Seattle game, pretty nice schedule to open.

2 people like this

Broncos first four games, three are at home in the mile high air versus Indy, Kansas City, at Seattle, and back home for Arizona. I'll probably use him for the first four and drop him afterwards. Outside of that Seattle game, pretty nice schedule to open.

the seattle game is actually a positive in my mind. instead of scoring tds, the offense should be slowed down to where those tds become field goal attempts

looks like it's confirmed now.

Brandon McManus will be the Broncos' kicker during Matt Prater's four-game suspension.

GM John Elway expressed confidence in McManus after he missed 2-of-4 field goals in the Broncos' preseason finale. He was acquired from the Giants for a seventh-rounder. With McManus kicking for Denver's high-octane offense, he's at or near the top of the fantasy kicking group. McManus has a booming leg. Sep 1 - 8:04 PM

"With McManus kicking for Denver's high-octane offense, he's at or near the top of the fantasy kicking group. McManus has a booming leg."

so is this a pick him up now in every league opportunity?

"With McManus kicking for Denver's high-octane offense, he's at or near the top of the fantasy kicking group. McManus has a booming leg."

so is this a pick him up now in every league opportunity?

Pretty much. Just remember that if he's on Denver's roster for their 5th game (wk 6), they have to give the Giants a 7th round pick. So its unlikely they'll keep him -- unless they want to dump Prater's salary. I doubt that they'd trust Peyton's potential postseason legacy to an unproven kicker, though.

Kind of nervous that he missed half of his field goals in the pre-season, but that is obviously a very small sample size. If he can hit the league average of his attempts, he should be locked in as a top 3 kicker until Prater returns.

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, October 4, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

Would you guys take this guy over semi-top kickers like Dawson or Vinatieri? I'm tempted too Denver has to create opportunities and must have liked what they seen to cut Prater.

I think he is a great pickup.

Great Offense: check

Big Leg: check

Bye week passed: check

Nobody really knows what you are going to get when you draft a kicker. The Broncos are going to be in the red zone all year. McManus will be a top 10 kicker by the end of the year, and that is really all I care about. It is a total crap shoot. I am just glad I don't have to pick up another kicker during a bye week.