Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zapatross

Jake Locker 2014 Season Outlook

99 posts in this topic

So there was no thread on Jake yet. I realize he's got a lot of questions surrounding him but I feel like he has a lot to offer. Last year prior to his injury he was performing at a relatively high level (fantasy wise) and is a dual threat QB on a team with a bad defense. He's also working with Whisenhunt who has helped other QBs turn it around. He's showed pretty well so far in the preseason. Anyone else believe he can be a very serviceable QB2?

I believe he can succeed and in my deep dynasty where I am a wee bit desperate for a qb behind Romo I have him rostered.

In redraft he is not on the radar because he has been wildly inconsistent and everyone is convinced he will get hurt.

But...I will never NEVER totally ignore any qb with rushing potential.

Hope he steps up.

His receivers and o line are promising and so's Whisenhunt.

I think he's a pretty decent fantasy QB. He has been for most of his career. The dudes main problem from a fantasy perspective is he just can't stay healthy. If he finally does I could easily see him being a top 15 QB

1 person likes this

I think he's a pretty decent fantasy QB. He has been for most of his career. The dudes main problem from a fantasy perspective is he just can't stay healthy. If he finally does I could easily see him being a top 15 QB

I agree and I'm really hoping this is the year he can do it. Rolling with him as my QB2 in a 2QB league this year. He looks pretty good so far.
1 person likes this

I would be worried with him as my QB2 in any two QB league that is 10 or less teams probably. Unless I was ridiculously stacked elsewhere.

1 person likes this

I would be worried with him as my QB2 in any two QB league that is 10 or less teams probably. Unless I was ridiculously stacked elsewhere.

He's my go to QB2 if I am able to stack the rest of my roster for sure!

I advise everyone to check their starting QBs week 2 match up. If its against a difficult opponent grab Locker while he's still available. He plays Dallas week 2. Hes a slam dunk for atleast 25 points against Dallas. If not alot more. Hell, Sankey might have his first big game of the season too.

I advise everyone to check their starting QBs week 2 match up. If its against a difficult opponent grab Locker while he's still available. He plays Dallas week 2. Hes a slam dunk for atleast 25 points against Dallas. If not alot more. Hell, Sankey might have his first big game of the season too.

Honestly, this is why I think Kendall Wright is a huge sleeper. He gets KC and Dallas' secondaries in the 1st 2 wks and doesn't really face a shutdown secondary all year.

beat me to it.

I have Cutler as my QB, and with him playing @SF Week 2, I'm desperate for another option.

Definitely adding Locker before this week's games (to avoid having to put in a waiver claim if he blows up). But unless I work out a trade for another backup...Locker is definitely starting for me Week 2. I honestly believe every Cowboys game will be 42-35 this season. Explosive offense in Dallas and possible the worst defense (especially secondary) I've ever seen

Honestly, this is why I think Kendall Wright is a huge sleeper. He gets KC and Dallas' secondaries in the 1st 2 wks and doesn't really face a shutdown secondary all year.

Is KC's secondary really that bad? I don't know much about them.

beat me to it.

I have Cutler as my QB, and with him playing @SF Week 2, I'm desperate for another option.

Definitely adding Locker before this week's games (to avoid having to put in a waiver claim if he blows up). But unless I work out a trade for another backup...Locker is definitely starting for me Week 2. I honestly believe every Cowboys game will be 42-35 this season. Explosive offense in Dallas and possible the worst defense (especially secondary) I've ever seen

you're desperate to sit cutler against the ridiculously overrated 49ers defense without bowman, smith, and 0 corners that can even think about covering marshall/jeffery ?

Is KC's secondary really that bad? I don't know much about them.

KC's defense got torched late in the year. They scored a ton against bad QBs (i.e. Gabbert, Tuel, Pryor, Keenum, McGloin -- all who started against them last year, none of whom is a starting NFL QB now) but not against above average QBs. Tennessee's O-line is very good, and if KC can't get to Locker, their weak secondary (see playoff game at Indy as great example) is going to get torched by Wright and Hunter.

1 person likes this

I've been thinking about adding him for the last week. Does Whiz really make a big difference for Locker this year?

if the o-line is as good as some people think it is, i can see locker being a top 12 qb. he's got weapons, and a gun. accuracy? no. he doesn't have that. but he can run too. there's enough to like here.

1 person likes this

Well my backup QB is Eli and everything tells me to grab Locker over Eli, but Eli shouldn't be as bad as last year, right? :(

I do like Locker's running ability. Hopefully he finally stays healthy and we can see what he is capable of over the course of the whole season.

If the Titans and Locker were smart they'd not let him run much. He's going to get murdered, even at this point of his career he's pretty much held together by duct tape.

Mettenberger will only be a factor if Locker gets injured or sucks really bad, both are possibilities.

No worries about Mettenberger?

Locker is just a waiver wire pick up. Its not a big deal if he gets injured. But if he did get injured I would value Mettenberger about as much as I do Locker.

I get the tingling of a Stafford 2011 type season. Probably not the 5k/40 TD season that Stafford broke out with, but in the same mold that they both showed signs of promise but couldn't stay on the field early in their careers. His weapons are really intriguing too, Wright and Hunter couple take big steps this year and Nate Washington is far from flashy but gives a solid veteran presence to the WR core. Despite the Sankey hype, I am not sure I am a believer yet...and we all know what Shonn Greene is. So absent a solid running game it's not far fetched that he approaches 600 passing attempts if he plays all 16.

Of course he may be healthy all year and just prove that he is not very good; but I think for those that may have waited on a QB (too long perhaps like myself) in one of their leagues, Locker might be a nice flier with potential for a breakout season. He plays 2 assumed poor pass defenses in weeks 1 and 2, so now may be the best time to take a chance on him if you have the space.

1 person likes this

Pretty nice start to the season from Locker. Could be sneaky good this year. Has a very nice schedule too!

The matchup is too good. He will screw it up. But I like him in 2QB leagues, for as long as he stays healthy