Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stopmakingsense

Andrew Hawkins 2014 Season Outlook

97 posts in this topic

I watched him on the Bengals the past 3 years and I think he has a great opportunity in CLE. For the Bengals he was a rotational player used exclusively in the slot and out of the backfield, but with the Browns saying he'll be used on the outside as well. With Gordon out and Austin as his top competition, I really like his potential.

Totally in to this guy this year.

Drafted him as a flier, expecting him to be a WR4 /nice bye week fill in guy. He can flat out play, and I am glad he is going to a team with an OC that likes to use to short to intermediate route tree a lot (Garcon didn't rack up thoe 40+ targets all through deep passes...)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap1000000062657/WK-2-Can-t-Miss-Play-Hawkins-busts-it-open

Check out this link. Hi cuts are so sharp, expect a lot of 5-10 yard passes he un into big gains.

He had some amazing plays two years ago. if he stays healthy and gets the touches I think he will (especially considering the Gordon suspension), I think he could even become a sneaky consistent WR3 in PPR formats.

What's not to like, especially if you can get him in double digit rounds? He and Cameron will dominate targets. Might not have a very high ceiling but he's well worth a cheap flier. A WR1 on a bad team is most often better than a WR3 on a good team. (Eric Decker being an outlier last year.)

Grabbed him late in one league as a bench stash. Who else can they throw to? I think Cameron will have to become the intermediate guy and Hawkins could be what Cameron was to Gordon last year. Someone needs to do it.

I could see him catching 70 balls just due to sheer volume and lack of competition. That dude has some crazy agility.

No, with Austin on the team. Let's stop pretending that Austin is automatically going to be hurt.

1 person likes this

No, with Austin on the team. Let's stop pretending that Austin is automatically going to be hurt.

They have mentioned that BabyHawk has shown enough ability to warrant lining up outside and inside. Huge for his value. This He is definitely the second WR now that Gordon is officially done. The WR coach has been raving about him, and I think 85 Catches is not out of the question (roughly5 catches a game over 16).

I'm hanging on to Hawkins at the end of my bench. He may not break any long ones, but he's a decent bye-week PPR option that can easily get you 5-55. In the double digit rounds, nobody is expecting to find a Dez Bryant. I think his ADP will continue to rise until the season starts. Would rather have him than any of the Raiders or Bills WRs.

He may not break any long ones...

What in the world makes you say that?

1 person likes this

He may not break any long ones...

What in the world makes you say that?

Maybe I should say he may not break many long ones, would that make you happy?

3 year career. 86 catches. 11.7 yards per catch average. THREE (at least from what I can see) catches of longer than 50 yards.

But mainly it's a function of the Cleveland offense. I see him ticketed as the short passing option for the Browns while Austin stretches the field. I'll admit I don't watch much of the Browns, so somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

I just added him in a PPR league. I think he might be a really good WR3 option.

In standard I think he'll be pretty unremarkable.

He was decent in PPR while in Cincy. In Cleveland with no #1 WR....he should get a lot of targets unless Hoyer locks onto Cameron & Austin.

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, September 11, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

Anyone picking this guy up?

Starting him with confidence against NO in PPR. It will be just like last week where they are behind early and need a lot of passes to catch up.

I should like this guy more than I do. In PPR, he's almost a lock for 7-8 receptions. He's small, so he's not going to be outjumping defenders in the end zone. But if Julian Edelman can catch 13 balls for 78 yards in game 2 of 2013, why not Andrew Hawkins?

Really debating starting him over guys like Cruz and Colston this week, I have a good feeling he's in for a nice day at home against the Saints. Hoyer is super limited on opitons, I see no reason why he shouldn't he shouldn't nab his fair share of receptions. I think he has a very high floor at this point with the lack of options on the Browns offense.

I've been touting him as my PPR sleeper machine to anyone that'll listen. He's in the perfect position to succeed on this mess of a team right now and especially with Hoyer and Jonny F looking for anyone to throw it to. He's shifty, small, great hands and extremely agile. The perfect mold for PPR gold. I love me some Baby Hawk.

PPR Gold indeed. High floor, low upside though? I guess anybody would be happy with 8 for 70 for 15 points from their WR3. But I don't see him scoring much.

Brian Quick is pretty much the opposite, low floor, high upside. I think he's got more athletic ability, also in a situation where he's the best receiver on the team, but his team is an offensive mess.

PPR Gold indeed. High floor, low upside though? I guess anybody would be happy with 8 for 70 for 15 points from their WR3. But I don't see him scoring much.

Brian Quick is pretty much the opposite, low floor, high upside. I think he's got more athletic ability, also in a situation where he's the best receiver on the team, but his team is an offensive mess.

Quick was someone I was gonna target due to the very good preseason he had but when Bradford went down I didn't pull the trigger. Not sure if I'll regret it but there are just no real options right now on that Cleveland team, his QB situation is better and if/when Gordon comes back I think he'll still be able to put up great numbers as even less focus will be on him. I do think Baby Hawk can manage to break a few off for a TD but you're right. They will probably be far and few between but I'll gladly take those 7-8 receptions a game from a guy who is owned in less than 30% of the leagues on Yahoo. This guy is flying under the radar but soon enough people will know.

If you're looking for a PPR monster on the opposite side of Gordon, I'd put my money on Hawkins long before Burleson.

April 14th boys. Before Gordon got suspended. Before Burleson got hurt. Before they drafted Manziel. Before they signed Austin.

Also for the giggles: From 2014 Sleeper Thread

Is this the same Cleveland Browns in 2013am with Josh Gordon aand Cameron? I don't see any QB they can plug in being able to make a 3rd target fantasy relevant. That is unless Hoyer really is the real deal. Even then I wouldn't touch anyone with a name not starting in J.

Two hundred thirteen.

In 2013 there were 213 balls thrown to guys not named Josh or Jordan.

A year when Cleveland produced the #1 WR in fantasy,

A year when Cleveland produced the #4 TE in fantasy,

There were still 213 OTHER balls thrown to WRs.

Hawkins' speed is no joke, they paid this guy and we're talking about a 16th round pick here guys.

You're seriously dreaming if you think Hawkins is even going to catch a quarter of those 213 receptions.

[clip] Especially if you take into account the different types of players and routes these two will run. Hawkins should be deployed similar to a satellite back, or a Percy Harvin of 2012. Low yardage, high percentage passes near the line of scrimmage that get the playmaker into space allowing him to use speed, agility and elusiveness to gain yardage.

If it were popular, it wouldn't qualify as a sleeper.

2 people like this

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, September 11, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

April 14th boys. Before Gordon got suspended. Before Burleson got hurt. Before they drafted Manziel. Before they signed Austin.

I'll see your April 2014 and raise you a Nov. 6th 2013...

I'm itching to stash him in my Dynasty league. What's MJD's future with the team? Will they resign him? Will they be looking to draft a RB? Any jaguar fans here lol?

I suspect they will not resign MJD due to age and injury concerns, RB's are dime a dozen unless you are the New York Football Giants. I've been eyeing Jags backfield all season for a projection for next year. I really thought Todman was going to be that guy after having a beastly preseason but sounds like they want to give Robinson a crack at it. At this point, it's too early to tell who it will be but with Forsett, Todman & Robinson going in to next year, I don't see them using a draft pick on an RB and I don't see them resigning MJD. Whichever one of these guys can run between tackles AND catch passes from a new blue-chip QB next year is going to be fantasy gold.

Sucks I had to pick up Keenum because Robert Griffin the Turd is killing me but F it. I have Marvin Jones already so I'll drop Andrew Hawkins. I honestly have never seen this kid play and I have no idea what his skills are. Throwing up a hail mary but I'm stashing and praying. I apologize if this boarders on CSB.

This was in the Denard Robinson thread and when I decided to drop Hawkins for a RB :( . I ended up keeping Todman instead of Robinson but I dropped him too haha. And Marvin Jones my super sleeper who jacked up his foot...ughhh.

Anyway, Baby Hawk is on my teams and I'm excited to see what he can do this season.