Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FantasyGuru24

Devin Hester 2014 Season Outlook

62 posts in this topic

He is the 4th option at WR. You also have to account for the TE and RB position taking targets. If you pay with return yardage then he will have more value.

As a Bears fan I can confidently tell you nothing to see here. Unless you get points for return yardage. Then, yeah, something here. But if you don't, look somewhere else.

6 targets, 5 catches and 99 yards. Dare I say that Hester has value this year as a WR with surrounding offensive pieces and fast track? Or was it a function of playing the Saints?

6 targets, 5 catches and 99 yards. Dare I say that Hester has value this year as a WR with surrounding offensive pieces and fast track? Or was it a function of playing the Saints?

Wouldn't expect production like this ever again this season. We've seen this song & dance in Chicago several times. If you've got an empty roster spot doesn't hurt to take a flier I guess but there is probably a handful of guys I'd look at first.

1 person likes this

Wouldn't expect production like this ever again this season. We've seen this song & dance in Chicago several times. If you've got an empty roster spot doesn't hurt to take a flier I guess but there is probably a handful of guys I'd look at first.

I agree. It's not the first time he's had a nice game. I would not expect this or anything near it.

If any y'all watched their preseason games, they use him in the wr sets on occasion. He is going to be their short ydg slot guy. Since they don't have gonzo it seems they are trying to spread the d out in short distance passing situations.

He took a screen pass to the house in each of the last 2 preseason games and they were IMPRESSIVE. I told my buddies to watch out for me and they gave me the lulz.

I think there is some value here:

(10:20 am ET) The Falcons are putting a new emphasis on a four-receiver set featuring Julio Jones, Roddy White, Harry Douglas and Devin Hester, reports ESPN.com. The lineup "worked wonders" against the Saints as Matt Ryan threw for 448 yards in a 37-34 overtime win, the report said.

Atlanta plays with one running back and no tight ends in that formation.

I'm picking him up in a league that has return yard points although they are minimal, not like the stuff I've seen others mention.

1 person likes this

i rostered him in a deep roster league. if roddy or julio go down i think he will produce. i have never been a big fan of hester as a wr but i haev to admit that he looked good with atlanta

In my league we get 1 pt/20 return yds...guys like this are often sneaky wr3's if they are getting any production as receivers to go along with consistent return yards...I have my eye on Hester, probably give it one more week to see what he does

as a bears fan it will anger me immensely if Atlanta figures out how to consistently make use of hester in their offense...the bears brass had 8 years to figure that out and couldn't

Don't think Hester will be that fantasy relevant in standard leagues this year as anything more than a WR4, but in leagues where all yardage is considered equal, he's actually a low-end WR1. Yes, he's not going to score more than 3-4 TD's (and that's his ceiling) but when you throw in 1,000+ return yards, you're talking about a guy who's going to have around 1,400 - 1,700 total yards, which makes up for the lack of TD production.

He will basically be a good punt play depending on matchup. The reason i have been watching him so closely since preseason is because he is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. His 2 td's in the preseason were basically screen passes where he did all the work. I'd rather him than some schmo that got a lucky end zone target.

This may sound like blasphemy but i envision him being used as a poor man's percy harvin.

I like that he had 5 catches and not just one huge catch for a bunch of yards. It shows that he may be more involved in the offense this year rather than used as a gadget type guy or someone who is only in on certain packages. In return yardage leagues, I think he is a valuable bench stash that may end up finding his way into your weekly lineup depending on the matchup. I'm hoping to get him in my hometown league that awards points for returns with the idea that when my stud WRs are on bye he will be a viable fill-in.

In leagues that get a pt for every 10 yards, and leagues that get a pt for every 15 yards kick returning, is Devon Hester a better pickup than Harry Douglas?

In leagues that get a pt for every 10 yards, and leagues that get a pt for every 15 yards kick returning, is Devon Hester a better pickup than Harry Douglas?

678 posts here and you can't figure out the right forum for this?

I think he is worth a stash in KR yardage leagues...especially with Roddy and Julio in front of him...no need to go into their injury risks

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, September 19, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

Proud to say i'm one of the 2% on yahoo that started him tonight, he's having a monster day in my return yardage league.

And now Douglas looks out, this might be the pick-up of the year in yardage leagues.

1 person likes this

HOFer

Don't think he did enough outside of special teams to get to Canton. Same problem Steve Tasker has.