Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdesantiago

Can someone explain these ESPN kick/punt return-yard settings?

Do WR that return kicks or punts get 1 point for every 10 return yards with these settings? Or is it just for defenses/special teams as a WHOLE? If it's the former, players like Cordarelle and Percy will get HUGE boosts. I want to know but don't want to ask anyone in the league, as it might tip them off.

I thought if receivers were to get points for return yards, that scoring would be indicated in a "Miscellaneous" section, not in the defense/special teams.

Edit: sorry don't know how to post a screenshot I took on my Mac. Under the scoring tab, in the section under Defense/Special teams, it says "every 10 punt return yards = 1 point" and "every 10 kick return yards = 1 point". I just can't decipher whether or not that means the wide receivers that return kicks actually benefit from that or if it's just the defenses/special teams

I don't think so, but this is the wrong format to look at. Click on the League Settings button at the bottom of the league page and a much clearer box formatted grid will come up. The way I read it here is no. The yards per return are under the D/ST section so individuals do not get points.

If the box format has yards per return in a separate section above the D/ST section and right after the receiving points section, then it would be yes.

It's under the Miscellaneous section. I'm in a return bonus league on espn and I get 1 point per 25 kick or punt return yards. Cordardelle is a beast in my league and I was lucky my league mates let him slip to the 5th round.