Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZChronicNebula

Blockbuster Trade! (Charles+Garcon for Ball+Green) (NON-PPR)

Other owner would be around for the trade.

Im a little worried about Charles getting injured.

I do believe I have the RB depth because I would have 4 Top 20 RBs. & My WRs would be on lock.

But it's close mann

I send: Charles + Garcon

I acquire: Ball + Green

I look at it as:

Top5RB & Top25WR for a Top10RB & Top5WR

(10teams, H2H Points, Redraft, Standard Scoring)

QB: Ryan / Cutler

RB(2): Charles / Gio

WR(2): Dez / Garcon

Flex(2): Ellington / Patterson

TE: Rudolph / Ertz

BE: Rice, Floyd, KWright, Hyde

DP: LaVonte David

D/ST: Patriots

K: Hauschka

- A thanks in advance. All help appreciated. Drop a link if ye got one.

I take the side of Ball/Green as well. Most articles project Ball to be a fantastic Fantasy RB and Green is up there in the Top 3 conversation every year. Garcon will lose targets with addition DeSean Jackson and a healthy Jordan Reed. Plus its Non-PPR, Garcon's value comes form PPR IMO.

id keep Garcon and Charles. i already am not a huge fan of your other RB (Gio) so adding another guy who has way more perceived value than actual value i think is big mistake. You have a strong team as is, i wouldn't mess with it too much.

I like the trade for you. There's something that scares me about Charles this year... can't put my finger on it. It might have to do with his injury risk and weak offensive line. Ball has a legit top 5 RB shot and AJ Green is a stud.

I think Garcon is big time over-drafted this year, and would happily take the downgrade at RB for that sized upgrade at WR. I would 100% do this deal.

I normally tend to be on the side getting the best player in the deal, but in this case I like your side in trade.

Yeah, trading Charles might not be what people will recommend, but you're getting a top 5 WR in Green and a top 10 RB in ball. Garcon's value takes a slight knock with it being standard, D Jax, and a healthy Reed to start the season.

Take the trade

Best of luck, http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=457255

I'd probably do this. Ball is still a pretty good RB and Green is a top 5 WR. Giving up Charles is tough, but this is a pretty good haul. Thanks for the help on mine.

Thanks for the help in mine!

I'd probably do it, although I hate giving up Charles. You give up depth, but you make it so you locked down your receivers until byes.

Hyde should be getting a lot of work this year, so you should be fine!

here's the other owners roster... showing that he would have both AP & Charles... A cause for concern? And is anyone worried about Green getting injured?.. I could ask for Marshall instead... not as good but possibly more durable ?

QB: RGIII / Dalton

RB: AP / Charles

WR: Marshall / Garcon

FLEX: R.White / CJ?K

TE: Pitta

DP: Posluszny

DEF: Broncos

K: Dawson

bench: MJD, Wallace, Nicks, Boykin, Gates

- I'm just about to pull the trigger tho.

Any more addition thoughts would be appreciated!

not high on garcon this year either. Ball/AJ green side wins.

Just on pure value I would probably take the Ball and Green side. Top 5 WR, top 7 at worst and a top 10 Caliber RB in ball . (Moreno was 4th or 5th last year in the same offense). I think Garcon will be a little overrated this year because D-Jax, Roberts and a presumably healthy J.Reed will subtract some catch opportunities away from him.

I still think that I would stay put though, I like your WR depth better than your RB depth with Dez, Floyd, Patterson and Wright. Floyd or Patterson could be WR1's or high end WR2's in just a few weeks and Wright is a decent flex guy. If this was PPR I would probably endorse the move more because Ellington and Gio would be less dependent on TDs for huge weeks. It's tough call but I think the potential of your other WRs lessens the need to upgrade Garcon to Green.

I wouldn't worry about what the trade would do for his team because either way both teams are most likely going to be really good this year, he would just be shifting more value to RBs.

I would make the trade. I am a big fan of Ball. I figure if Moreno can have a great season in Denver there is no reason Ball can't do at least that. I love AJ Green every season, he is as solid as it gets. I am not sold on Garcon at all this season. I think he is one guy everyone will look back at and ask how this guy was ranked in the top 40 overall. Losing Charles Hurts but I think you are getting great value here.

I want to pull the trigger. Ball is in for a good season.

Matthew Berry made a bold prediction & said Ball will finish #1 fantasy RB this year. BUT Charles is a beast, a true elite player and I feel I should wait til the season progresses so Floyd/Cordarrelle build up value, and I could possibly package them for a WR1...

Or nah?

I would keep the Charles/Garcon side. You are banking a lot on Montee Ball who is largely unproven in a starting roll. He could be unreal, he could be bad, he could be average. We just don't know. You know with Charles what you are getting.

Charles is the best player in the trade. Keep him.

Wow, that's a tough one. Normally I'd say pass on it and keep Charles, but you'd have a great RB and great WR tandem. That's pretty hard for me to pass up on. Garcon isn't going to be anything special. Your team looks better with the trade so I'd go for it.