Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sott3

Night games vs getting sleep

Here in the East, the NFL night games usually wrap up around 11:30pm. If I have a fantasy player (or my opponent) going in a night game, it's difficult to hit the sack before the game is over. I lay there wondering if any more points were scored. And even if the game is over, my brain is still racing (injuries, add/drops, etc). Next thing I know, it's well past midnight and I will be lucky to get 4-5 hours of sleep. This is getting harder to handle as I get older and the NFL added a full season of Thursday night games.

How do you guys handle staying up for the game and getting up the following morning for work or school?

I used to live in Florida so I understand your pain. Imagine living across the world where the games are going on in the middle of the night here. A couple times my wife and I got up to watch a game on CBSsports, but generally I just wake up and find out how my teams/players did.

Here in the East, the NFL night games usually wrap up around 11:30pm. If I have a fantasy player (or my opponent) going in a night game, it's difficult to hit the sack before the game is over. I lay there wondering if any more points were scored. And even if the game is over, my brain is still racing (injuries, add/drops, etc). Next thing I know, it's well past midnight and I will be lucky to get 4-5 hours of sleep. This is getting harder to handle as I get older and the NFL added a full season of Thursday night games.

How do you guys handle staying up for the game and getting up the following morning for work or school?

Go West Young Man....

I always wondered how the East Coast Crowd did it, or even those in the Central Time Zone, I mean the games especially in the old MNF days did not start until 9:00, if you are trying to follow an NBA team or MLB team from the West Coast, their games are not starting until 10:30. When I was in my college days, I always thought it would have been cool to be on the East Coast, MNF back then was big it was an "event", and used to imagine going to bars on the East Coast 9PM to watch the game and Monday night truly being a "party" night.

Yeah it really sucks. I'm always super exhausted (and hungover) the mornings after night games. Fortunately I travel to the west coast once or twice a month for work so that helps a little.

The NFL is accommodating you by making sure all the prime time games are blowouts by halftime this season.

Seriously, I'm a Jets fan, and I went to bed during halftime of a Monday night game back in 2000....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Night_Miracle_%28American_football%29

Needless to say, I stay up for all primetime Jets games ever since, and most of the games where I have fantasy players.

I'm the same way...if my matchup is close or I have some vesting interest in the game, I won't go to bed until the game is over.

I usually don't hit the sack until midnight anyway but it's tough getting up if you've been drinking the entire time.

When my brother lived in San Fran, that was the best. Start drinking around 10am. The 4PM EST games were done by 4pm PT...it was awesome.

#usproblems. i'm from germany and when Sun 1:00 PM game starts it is 07:00 PM here. I always have to take a vacation day for watching the superbowl. for the playoffs i go to bed early and get up at 02:00 am and straight to work after the game. would be great if the games would start 06:00 AM in your time-zone :D

btw: today is german-bowl - could be fun to watch. i know european championship was

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/6/7/5789310/we-fell-in-love-with-the-european-american-football-championships

I'm the same way...if my matchup is close or I have some vesting interest in the game, I won't go to bed until the game is over.

I usually don't hit the sack until midnight anyway but it's tough getting up if you've been drinking the entire time.

When my brother lived in San Fran, that was the best. Start drinking around 10am. The 4PM EST games were done by 4pm PT...it was awesome.

Yeah living out here, you do get the Bloody mary/screwdriver going early. When I was in my 20's, my buddies and I hung at this sports bar/dive bar hangout, they normally didn't do food, but on Sundays they had a Steak-Eggs-Hashbrowns- Toast and cocktail for $7.95, they had the NFL Sunday ticket, we were gambling fools, hungover off our a** sitting on stools we were at until 2AM the night before seeing if our late-night Hawaii chaser had hit on the "bottom line" and that game would only appear about once every 30 minutes on the bottom line. But the day is done by like 9PM with the Sunday night game.

I can stay up all night

I think after 4 hours your are supposed to call someone, that is one of the side effects!!!

I was just in Korea for a few weeks into the season and the games don't start until 2am over there. They are also a day ahead so every Monday morning when I had to be up at 6am for work I was up at 12am to make sure there were no last minute sits and sorting out my lineups.

Let's just say I was always a zombie on Mondays but it was worth it.

I'm in the east as well. Most times I will tell myself to flip phone face down and turn off volume and remind myself I have work in am but the half the time I refresh my phone every 10 seconds lol. It's tough