Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5for40

Help! My commish is cheating.

apparently i'm in a grimey league. I played the commissioner of my league in the championships this week and caught him changing the lineup twice. Question to all you Yahoo commissioner's, does Yahoo keep a record of all commissioner lineup changes especially when they are done when lineup's are supposed to be locked?

Need help, exposing this!

ive never seen an area where it would track that..it would be nice, since i got accused of screwing with the scoring in my league...

unfortunately, it will come down to your word against his, which could get ugly...what a weasel to do that though

apparently i'm in a grimey league. I played the commissioner of my league in the championships this week and caught him changing the lineup twice. Question to all you Yahoo commissioner's, does Yahoo keep a record of all commissioner lineup changes especially when they are done when lineup's are supposed to be locked?

even a commish can't change a locked lineup. meaning the game is just started or over. then he puts in a guy from the bench, replacing the spot that was already "used". yahoo doesn't allow that.

if he DID do that---- thats shady as all hell, and i would raise hell.

u can see if a lineup changed from week-to-week (and then if it shows on the managers page that the GM didn't login in the past month, then u know he did it!)

before play on sunday Yahoo Stattracker had him beating me 78-0. because of the following points:

Romo - 14,

S Smith - 19

S Jackson - 16

M Barber - 18

Dallas Def - 11

Then last night after the Minn. game I checked stattracker & yahoo again and I noticed his def was changed to Sea Def with 21 points. but stattracker still showed Dal Def in his starting lineup and Sea Def on the bench. If he didnt have Dal Def in the lineup before it was locked he would have only been beating me 67-0. Also during the Cle-Cin game he switched a receiver, he put in TJ in for Chad Johnson after TJ scored a TD. That gave him an additional 3 points. I should be winning 118-108 right now and he has Antonio Gates yet to play.

He did this last week too, but I didnt bother to complain because i wasnt playing him. In retrospect, I should have raised hell.

Also during the first week he changed the lineups for a guy on monday because the guy was a newbie to yahoo and thought all of his top picks would automatically be in the starting lineup. So i know its possible for a commish to do this.

before play on sunday Yahoo Stattracker had him beating me 78-0. because of the following points:

Romo - 14,

S Smith - 19

S Jackson - 16

M Barber - 18

Dallas Def - 11

Then last night after the Minn. game I checked stattracker & yahoo again and I noticed his def was changed to Sea Def with 21 points. but stattracker still showed Dal Def in his starting lineup and Sea Def on the bench. If he didnt have Dal Def in the lineup before it was locked he would have only been beating me 67-0. Also during the Cle-Cin game he switched a receiver, he put in TJ in for Chad Johnson after TJ scored a TD. That gave him an additional 3 points. I should be winning 118-108 right now and he has Antonio Gates yet to play.

He did this last week too, but I didnt bother to complain because i wasnt playing him. In retrospect, I should have raised hell.

Also during the first week he changed the lineups for a guy on monday because the guy was a newbie to yahoo and thought all of his top picks would automatically be in the starting lineup. So i know its possible for a commish to do this.

I can give you my two cents from my experience with Yahoo Fantasy baseball stattracker. The Stattracker does not always pick up lineup changes right away. In my baseball league, where we have daily lineup changes, I used to change players before the game (legal) and still would have them on the bench on Stattracker. Stattracker eventually catches up with the changes.

Does Yahoo timestamp lineup changes? I don't recall now, cause I use CBS Sportsline for Football. Sportsline timestamps all lineup changes (or everything else) so there's no way for cheating.

Does Yahoo timestamp lineup changes? I don't recall now, cause I use CBS Sportsline for Football. Sportsline timestamps all lineup changes (or everything else) so there's no way for cheating.

yes, and any changes madde by the commish have a © next to them.

unlocking and re-locking teams are also noted in the transactions column. if he changed things after the fact, anyone could see that.

Sounds like he changed his lineup in time. What is your league rule for changing lineups? 5 or 30 minutes before kickoff? One of the things I try to do is to "Print Screen" the scoring screen after our lineup deadline is met so I have proof of any funny business. You never know plus in our league there is a lot of money on the line. My two cents...

I just changed someones roster this morning to see what would happen. It said it would update within 24 hours (more like 10 minutes). You can go back to any week and make a change and it will re run the scores and standings. I can not find a record anywhere of where I made that move. It doesn't show under the Commish Changes part of All transactions. Only things there seem to be League setting changes.

I just changed someones roster this morning to see what would happen. It said it would update within 24 hours (more like 10 minutes). You can go back to any week and make a change and it will re run the scores and standings. I can not find a record anywhere of where I made that move. It doesn't show under the Commish Changes part of All transactions. Only things there seem to be League setting changes.

You're correct, Yahoo claims to track the change but I still haven't been able to find where it was recorded...

You're correct, Yahoo claims to track the change but I still haven't been able to find where it was recorded...

I registered just to respond to this as I have had similar problems. However I am the LM and i didn't do the changing....still waiting on espn to try and figure it out, but that is another story.

Not sure if the yahoo system is similar to espn or not, but when the league manager uses the LM tools to make changes to rosters after they are locked you don't usually see any changes. The only way I found to see the changes that occured and the time and date of those changes is when you go into a transaction log for that individual team and then select to see the moves (not just trades or waivers or whatever...there is a seperate option in espn that shows you just the moves made) this then shows that in ours for example roddy white was put in active lineup at 730am est Mon Dec 24. Which I fixed when i discovered it, but hopefully you find the similar option in yours....like i said you won't see it any other way, only in the transaction log and then just the moves made to roster...and if LM did it it shows up (LM) next to active roster change

Hope that helps.

You got to be a Yahoo to use Yahoo. Stop penny pinching and pay for a service like Real Times Sports (rtsports.com). Every move a team or commish makes is documented. Its about $80 for the season but if you are going to play for money it is well worth it. They also have money leagues you can sign up for which are similar to the leagues CBS Sportsline offers. (Better payouts as well)

The saying goes . . .

You get what you pay for.

P. S. That commish does sound like a slime ball though so if you can find out he cheated punch him in the mouth for me.

You got to be a Yahoo to use Yahoo. Stop penny pinching and pay for a service like Real Times Sports (rtsports.com). Every move a team or commish makes is documented. Its about $80 for the season but if you are going to play for money it is well worth it. They also have money leagues you can sign up for which are similar to the leagues CBS Sportsline offers. (Better payouts as well)

The saying goes . . .

You get what you pay for.

P. S. That commish does sound like a slime ball though so if you can find out he cheated punch him in the mouth for me.

Our Yahoo Plus league is $125. I don't think the issue is the hosting site, its the shady Commish. I would try to rally the league around it and get them in your corner. You know someone else had to notice the changes he illegally made.

as a commish of a yahoo plus league, i can verify that you can change rosters without any record of it being left anywhere. i would try to email yahoo through their help pages to see if they have a record. otherwise, you have a shady commish and should email the entire league.

thanks for the feedback guys, i'm definetly raising hell for this. he did this last week too but I didnt play him so I didnt raise a stink.

as a commish of a yahoo plus league, i can verify that you can change rosters without any record of it being left anywhere. i would try to email yahoo through their help pages to see if they have a record. otherwise, you have a shady commish and should email the entire league.

no record ? B) that sux , i wouldn't play on a site like that ... you should try MFL.com ... i moved my dynasty league there from sportsline , they have great customer support ... we've been there 2 years now and love it

i will never use yahoo again because of things like this. it sucks though because this is a league with supposed friends. anyways i emailied everyone in the league as well as an email to the guy he cheated last week too. still waiting on a response and his cell phone is off , lol. Grimey.