Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gbill2004

Rob Bironas killed in car accident

Yeah I have heard ambien if you force yourself to stay up on it causes insane hallucinations.

This story is weird as hell. I remember owning Bironas one year too where I kept him all year which is rare for me with kickers. Weird stuff.

That would be a really extreme case on Ambien. It can make you feel very odd if you take multiple pills, but certainly not violent. I've known tons of people who have taken Ambien as a sleep aid and having a psychotic episode would be extraordinarily unusual.

Bironas' episode sounds more like a bad acid trip or a PCP freakout. I'd be shocked if he wasn't on something way harder than Ambien. Or maybe the guy just snapped.

If it was drugs, then it had to be something like bath salts or PCP. I have no idea why a guy with plenty of money and a beautiful wife would take those heinous drugs, but his episode sounds like a textbook PCP or bath salt freakout. Ol' Aaron Hernandez was smoking PCP and that certainly was a contributing factor to his psychosis. Could be a really bad acid trip, but even that would be pushing it. It was either that or something made him snap. Maybe his wife told him she was cheating and she's covering it up.

Well if that article is true, I feel a little less sorry for him. Trying to run innocent people off the road, not cool dude

Rest in Peace, Rob Bironas. One of my favorite named kickers of all time. I had written this back in 2008 for my league message board. In memory of Rob:

To: The Knack – My Sharona

Oh, they gonna stop the run, stop the run

Are you gonna make it this time Bironas?

Oh we’re sitting 4th and one, 4th and one

Gonna offer a chance to shine Bironas

Never gonna shank, give it up

Such a focused mind

Always get it up

Got the touch and are gonna unwind

Rob Rob Rob Rob Rob Whoa!

Rob Bironas

Drive a little closer, huh, will ya huh,

Close enough to kick through the skies Bironas

Kick it from the thirty three, good for three

Gunning to make all of my tries Bironas

Such a focused mind

Always get it up

Rob Bironas

When you gonna kick for me, kick for me?

Is it just a matter of time Bironas?

Is it j-j-just for three, just for three?

Or is there now a game on the line Bironas?

Such a focused mind

Always get it up

Rob Bironas

Rob Bironas

I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all day now.

Well if that article is true, I feel a little less sorry for him. Trying to run innocent people off the road, not cool dude

That's pretty sick, dude. He was telling the drivers he was going to kill them. Obviously he didn't know what he was doing. He was either hallucinating or sleep walking or something similar.

Think about it. He was relaxing with his wife, was fine, went to bed, then 30 minutes later he is driving on the road telling everyone he's going to kill them when their windows are rolled down with tons of exhaust smoke coming out of his pipes.. he wasn't in his own mind.

If you feel less sorry for a good man that died because of a maniac episode due to whatever it was, then I truly feel sorry for you and your delusional better-than-thou existence.

I call it like I see it. Someone dies in a car accident, tragic. Someone gets high or goes crazy and attempts to harm other innocent people but dies in the process, a little less tragic. Still sorry to see the guy go out like that, clearly he had problems.

But seriously, don't feel sorry for me. I'm doing pretty great

Some guess he may have taken Ambien so I did a search on Ambien side effects and found this article, pretty scary stuff.

http://goo.gl/D7wKwy

Those are some of the most extreme stories, but if you search around the internet for patient reviews of the drug you can find plenty of stories like "I took my normal dose to go to bed, I found myself in the 24 hour supermarket 3 hours later and didn't know how I got there".

I've known a few people who took Ambien and had no problem, but I have no doubt that some people have hypnotic episodes on it.

I call it like I see it. Someone dies in a car accident, tragic. Someone gets high or goes crazy and attempts to harm other innocent people but dies in the process, a little less tragic. Still sorry to see the guy go out like that, clearly he had problems.

You 'think' you call it like it is. But in reality it's much different. You don't even know the story and you jump to conclusions. Feel bad for you.

I've tripped balls on Ambiens many, many times in my young life and they never made me want to run other people off of the road... or even drive a car. Dude was on some serious s---.

You 'think' you call it like it is. But in reality it's much different. You don't even know the story and you jump to conclusions. Feel bad for you.

If you'd read my original post, you'd have seen I said 'if the article is true, etc etc'. I fully recognize the article could be inaccurate, even though I was told everything on the internet is true. You seem very worked up, like you knew him personally. If so I'm sorry for your loss. And thanks for feeling bad for me, I guess

That's pretty sick, dude. He was telling the drivers he was going to kill them. Obviously he didn't know what he was doing. He was either hallucinating or sleep walking or something similar.

Think about it. He was relaxing with his wife, was fine, went to bed, then 30 minutes later he is driving on the road telling everyone he's going to kill them when their windows are rolled down with tons of exhaust smoke coming out of his pipes.. he wasn't in his own mind.

Obviously.

I missed the part that indicates Jamor was there and knows how this all came about.

If anyone tells me that they want to kill me...I hope they either die trying or die before getting that chance. I wouldn't really care what their story was/is.

Obviously.

I missed the part that indicates Jamor was there and knows how this all came about.

If anyone tells me that they want to kill me...I hope they either die trying or die before getting that chance. I wouldn't really care what their story was/is.

Posting in a RestInPeace thread that you don't feel sorry a dead guy because of his actions is poor form and downright heinous. It says a lot about the person posting it. Moreover, it's darn near close to saying he deserved it, which is even worse. Rob Bironas didn't deserve to die and he will no longer need your sympathy as he is dead.

If you listen to his wife's 911 recording, she said Rob came home and they were watching a movie, and then he left and drove off without saying anything. This account is different from what's posted in the article where she says he said good night and then went to bed before disappearing.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2014/09/23/rob-bironas-last-night-conflicting-stories-emerge/16133197/

Meth is a hell of a drug....Okay, not sure what happened here, but I'll bet the tox report will be very telling. Just sounds weird. The guy was just acting like a complete maniac.

For whatever his reason may be, turns out it was a very drunken road trip:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/10/03/rob-bironas-tennessee-titans-toxicology-report/16664189/

Basically, he drank, he drove, he unfortunately died from it.

Interesting that it was only alcohol. The way he was reportedly acting that night (telling two different groups of people that he was going to kill everybody in their car and then trying to run them off the road), I was fully expecting some combination of PCP/meth/bath salts.