Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

patentboy23

Player A or Player B? 2014-2015 Season

Gordon Hayward or Wesley Matthews?

They seem to be going in the same round. I've mocked Hayward first, always, but sometimes I lack 3PM and wish I'd gotten Matthews instead.

I like the assists from Hayward, but I also like Matthews' low turnovers.

i would never draft someone like matthews at his position - round 5. you can find nearly the same value way later - meeks, jamal crawford, jr smith, etc... matthews only edge on these guys is fg% really and thats not worth about 5 rounds difference. hayward is better - more versatile, higher steals, some blocks, tripple double flirting ... but i still don't ever take him in mocks because he always goes in the 5th and i always need a pg in the 5th (or a semi-elite big like Favors if i have 2 fairly high assist pgs by then)

Player A: Kemba Walker

Player B: Jeff Teague

I choose Kemba. The addition of Stephenson hopefully increases ball movement, leads to easy cuts to the lane for Kemba, helping his FG%, and allow him to gamble in the passing lanes for easy steals. He finished 32nd in 9 cat in '12-'13 also and may be in store for a bounce back season.

I take Teague since Kemba now has Stephenson to compete with. He could lose some assists and points. Gerald Henderson is nothing like Stephenson. Teague, despite his not so exciting game, seems to be steadily improving each year. What's up with the drop in steals and 3pt% though?

J. Valenciunas or J. Hill?

Which sleeper will be the better C in the late rounds?

I think most likely J Hill will be more of a sleeper, since Valanciunas has been more talked about in FBB circles since last year. Jordan Hill is still a fairly unknown player due to his never really having a consistent starting role, and him being constantly injured. With that said, I'd take Valanciunas. Still willing to bank on his role growing with the team. Despite "disappointing" last year, he still improved nicely over his rookie year. I think he will have a chance to become a 14-15 ppg and 10 reb guy with a block+ a game. that along with his solid FG and FT%'s will make him a decent guy in the middle rounds. If he drops to late, then he's a steal.

Mine:

Player A: Ersan Illyasova

Player B: Danilo Gallinari

Unsure about this. Ersan is so streaky but can be very productive when he's on; he's also potential trade bait for the Bucks. Gallinari is a stud when healthy but when is he ever healthy. I lean towards Gallo, being that he doesn't have as much competition in the rotation compared to Ersan dealing with Henson and possibly Parker.

I'd take Gallo, since he at least produces fairly consistently when healthy. Ilyasova doesn't seem to be able to produce until later in the season. And with his contract, he digressed across the board. Partly a coaching thing, but the front court is too crowded. He's likely to have a repeat performance of inconsistency.

Mine:

Player A: Ersan Illyasova

Player B: Danilo Gallinari

Unsure about this. Ersan is so streaky but can be very productive when he's on; he's also potential trade bait for the Bucks. Gallinari is a stud when healthy but when is he ever healthy. I lean towards Gallo, being that he doesn't have as much competition in the rotation compared to Ersan dealing with Henson and possibly Parker.

I'd take Gallo, since he at least produces fairly consistently when healthy. Ilyasova doesn't seem to be able to produce until later in the season. And with his contract, he digressed across the board. Partly a coaching thing, but the front court is too crowded. He's likely to have a repeat performance of inconsistency.
Definitely Gallo. It's fair to say he's injury prone, but it's not like Ilyasova is an iron man. Inconsistency has plagued Ersan's career to date and I don't see that changing in the mess that is the Bucks rotation.

Something a bit different, but which sophomore would you rather take: Gorgui Dieng (pick 21) or Giannis Antetokounmpo (pick 15). I know they're very different players, but who would you take late? Does that change in a keeper/dynasty league?

I think Dieng is more capable to produce now, but he's stuck behind Pek. Giannis, on the other hand, has all the minutes he needs, but he is behind Dieng when it comes to his current production level. I think Giannis has a higher ceiling, but I think Dieng is more likely to get to his... And sooner. But then we just come back to his lack of minutes. Which way do you go?

Lowry or Lillard? And why?

Lowry for me, because I want my PG's to be a source of assists and steals, and Llilard does poorly on those compared to Lowry.

Conley or Lawson

I find myself picking Conley only because I usually pick Lawson over him but Lawson seems to get injured at inopportune times..

I wonder how others feel though

Lowry or Lillard? And why?

Lowry because three's are easy to find mid to late round, which gives Lillard a lot of his value, while only a few produce top-tier assists and steals like Lowry.

Conley or Lawson

I find myself picking Conley only because I usually pick Lawson over him but Lawson seems to get injured at inopportune times..

I wonder how others feel though

Just like you I always pick Conley and now trying out Lawson. Same logic here. Lol

With Bosh projected to put late first/early second stats, I think Bosh needs to be pitted against Al J, Millsap, Aldridge, Griffin...

I think Griffin>Bosh>Aldridge>Jefferson>Milsap, but very close...

*Dirk>Jefferson>Aldridge>Bosh>Millsap>Griffin. Dirk is undervalued, an ageless perennial top 10 player and should keep up the tradition. Bosh at his peak can finish behind Dirk. Griffin's TOs put him at the bottom of the totem pole.

Mine:

H2H 9 cat.

Player A: J Lin

Player B: B Knight

Player C: P. Beverley

Player D: M. Chalmers

Beverley> Knight> Chalmers> Lin???

With Bosh projected to put late first/early second stats, I think Bosh needs to be pitted against Al J, Millsap, Aldridge, Griffin...

I think Griffin>Bosh>Aldridge>Jefferson>Milsap, but very close...

Jordan Hill vs Tyson Chandler vs Markieff vs Amir

Considering injury history and team situation i have them

Hill>Markieff>Tyson>Amir

Thoughts?

Jordan Hill vs Tyson Chandler vs Markieff vs Amir

Considering injury history and team situation i have them

Hill>Markieff>Tyson>Amir

Thoughts?

Tyson>Markieff>Amir>Hill

Vucevic v Favors

Vucevic goes almost always in the 4th and Favors usually in the 5th/6th. Is Vucevic really better if Favors breaks out like so many are projecting? worth it to let someone else take vuc and wait a round to get favors? Favors is better in fg%, blks and steals. vuc is better for boards/ft%

Aldridge>aljeff>bosh>sap>griffin

Griffin, and to a lesser extent, millsap, will be on a lower tier than the others. Blake, subpar stocks, no 3s(bosh, sap), ft% aint a sure thing, high tos. Bosh expected to get higher counting stats, plus his usual good efficienct stats so im trying to target him whenever i can get him on a bargain.

Millsap, only limited by horford's return.

all seem like bad options, but bogut is the least bad of them. Don't trust that Kanter can return value, Thompson may not have sufficient playing time, and between both highly injury prone C's Varejao and Bogut, Bogut seems more capable of putting up more serviceable numbers. Kerr will limit his playing time to 27-28 minutes which is expected to increase his durability