Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quarta77

Is it a good idea to start your own fantasy site?

Hey guys,

My friend told me he is thinking about starting his own fantasy sports site and asked me to join in. Just wondering what folks are thinking. Do you think fantasy sports sites are saturated? Seems to be growing but, I think there are tonnes of sites out there now. Don't you think its all the same? What would make one site better than the other? The game is virtually the same. Maybe a few differences here and there.

How much would it cost to operate one?

- hosting

- stats

- programming

- marketing

??

Thanks

I work on Apps for a living and if you don't know programing/design I wouldn't recommend trying. It would be like opening a restaurant without knowing how to cook or a law firm without being a lawyer.

All you bring to the table is money. You're gonna have to find and pay people who know what they're doing to do the job for you. Plus without experience designing/developing an app you won't know how to tell your workers how to build it correctly/give them proper direction, so it will probally end up being worse than the current fantasy apps out there.

Stick to something you know.

Hey guys,

My friend told me he is thinking about starting his own fantasy sports site and asked me to join in. Just wondering what folks are thinking. Do you think fantasy sports sites are saturated? Seems to be growing but, I think there are tonnes of sites out there now. Don't you think its all the same? What would make one site better than the other? The game is virtually the same. Maybe a few differences here and there.

How much would it cost to operate one?

- hosting

- stats

- programming

- marketing

??

Thanks

This is from like a billion years ago, but what kind of fantasy website? Does he want something like DraftKings or Yahoo? Or a fantasy advice website like Rotoworld?

If you know a web developer, making a fantasy site would be fairly trivial but somewhat time consuming.

The difficult/expensive part is licensing the stats (especially if you want a live feed), and marketing to attract users and then scaling up if you can acquire users.