Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rich B

New league - Chicago/Milwaukee/Madison

Hi,

I'm trying to get a new league together since I don't have a regular league myself. Ultimately I'd like to organize a highly competitive, fun, deep NL only keeper, and sepatrate AL only keeper league with the same guys. But I think it makes sense to start slow and realistic until I'm sure I've found a stable group of owners who are looking for the same. So to that end I am trying to start a simple, FUN, Mixed league. I figure if 10-12 strangers can play in a low money, low pressure, single season league and not have any conflicts about any of the stupid stuff that tends to ruin leagues that are organized with anonymous strangers, then the next season I'd be more comfortable with the owners that I found to organize something more intricate.

So with that preamble out of the way, here's what I have in mind for an inaugural season:

Roto 5x5 (maybe using OB% instead of BA, but nothing more complex or arcane than that, as I assume I'll be recruiting some owners who have never played in this type of league before.)

Low entry fee, not more than $50, preferably $30 range.

Daily transactions, not weekly (I find this more fun)

Waiver claims rather than FAAB (FAAB is cumbersome in a daily league)

Live auction (Best day of the year)

100% entry fee money returned at end of season to prize pool (60%, 30%, 10%)

I figure if a simple season can co all season long without a major hitch, and everyone has fun, then the following season I can go for the gull monty by creating deeper leagues with a more complex constitution (NL or AL only, keepers, contracts, etc.)

I've had a post up on a different website for about a month now, and have had 7 other people express interest, so there seems to be a high likelyhood of something going down this season. I certainly hope so. Based on the locations of those who responded, the auction will be held somewhere in the Chicagoland area, which is a only a short drive from a large chunk of the country.

The draft date is not set, as I would want to consult with the guys who join. I can tell you that it will NOT be held over Easter weekend (Easter: March 23). Obviously a Sat. or Sun. afternoon is the target.

If this intrigues you, please email me at rjbflb (@) yahoo (dot) com.

Thanks,

Rich

Written a constitution, sent it off to app. 10 people, so hopefully this is a go. If you're interested, please contact me.

Thanks,

Rich