Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HighLanderZ

MLB 08: The Show / MLB 2K8

haha awsome, i love these games...im at school and they set it so i cant visit those sites but do you know whos on the cover of the game?

haha awsome, i love these games...im at school and they set it so i cant visit those sites but do you know whos on the cover of the game?

I didn't see it mentioned who will be on the MLB 08 cover, but did see that Jose Reyes (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164767) will be on the cover of MLB 2K8. When you can, you gotta see the link to the MLB 08 images of Dice-K & Mike Lowell. It's frigging scary! http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164884

I didn't see it mentioned who will be on the MLB 08 cover, but did see that Jose Reyes (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164767) will be on the cover of MLB 2K8. When you can, you gotta see the link to the MLB 08 images of Dice-K & Mike Lowell. It's frigging scary! http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164884

o man, ill check them out once i get home today, must be sick!

o man, ill check them out once i get home today, must be sick!

such sick visuals so far, DiceK looks real!

o man, well i kno what im askin for for my bday!!

Hidden
o man, well i kno what im askin for for my bday!!

I usually ask for a S&BJ, but whatever floats yer boat I guess...

As impressive as most of the images look, A-Rod isn't as realistic & what's up w/ the Yankee uniform? Eh, more evidence of anti-Yankee bias, lol! B)

As impressive as most of the images look, A-Rod isn't as realistic & what's up w/ the Yankee uniform? Eh, more evidence of anti-Yankee bias, lol! B)

Or they just have morons working for them. Either is possible!!!

As long as MLB 08 has Joba on the Yankee roster, I'll be happy! B)

Do you see Joba in the rotation of pen next year?

Guest ciderjack6

I miss MVP baseball!

Do you see Joba in the rotation of pen next year?

I think Joba will eventually start the way Liriano eventually started for Minn in 2006. Liriano pitched long relief, but Silva sucked so bad as a starter that they had to switch roles. I think Joba will continue to be a RP until an opportunity to be a starter presents itself, & there should be one, considering that the clock is ticking on Mussina.

this is pretty cool!!

To deliver the closest experience possible, next to actually trying to make it in the Majors, MLB '08: The Show introduces a more immersive gameplay experience. For example in Road to The Show mode, as gamers attempt to make a starting line-up in the Big Leagues, playing on both offense and defense from a custom-created player's perspective, a more robust dynamic goal system and a new career advancement system determines when a player is eligible for a promotion. Additionally, custom-created players are more interactive. As a position player, gamers are able to further adjust that players positioning, catchers endure more defense situations, and pitchers now experience mound visits with user interaction -- all making Road to The Show mode even more realistic. MLB '08: The Show also boasts new online features, the opportunity to take music stored on a PS3 system's HDD or a Memory Stick Duo and add tracks to the list of music played in the JukeBox, more than 3,000 individual player animations, including personalized stances, pitching animations, individual swings, batting rituals and motion captures from MLB players, and much more.

Eh, MVP 2005 was the best baseball game.....I play it on the PC and you can download the updated rosters, new stadiums, etc. Ever since EA lost their rights to make a MLB game, Ive just been playing that.

Is the Show that much better than the 2k baseball? I have a 360 and i'm pretty sure the Show isn't on that system. If it's that much better it might push me over the edge to get a PS3.

I miss MVP baseball!

PREACH. MVP smokes MLB. But you gotta work with what you've got I guess.

Mike Lowell looks weathered in that picture.

Is the Show that much better than the 2k baseball? I have a 360 and i'm pretty sure the Show isn't on that system. If it's that much better it might push me over the edge to get a PS3.

I have the 2K baseball games, not gonna lie, i think they get a bad rap. I haven't played the show yet, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem that superior

I've only played The Show, not 2K, & I love it. I've been impressed by how realistic the graphics are regarding players particular batting stances, ball parks, etc. I also love playing the Road to the Show mode, where you guide a player thru an entire career. Hey, I'll play any baseball game, so does the 2K game have a career mode? I'd consider getting it if it did.

I have the 2K baseball games, not gonna lie, i think they get a bad rap. I haven't played the show yet, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem that superior

last year, someone got me 2k for my bday (march 28) so its right around the time when they come out and everything. but i didnt like that game at all so i had to trade it in at gamestop and i bought the show, and i knew it was good cus i had it the year before but to me there is no comparison between the two games, but thats just my opinion. give me the show over 2k any day of the week

last year, someone got me 2k for my bday (march 28) so its right around the time when they come out and everything. but i didnt like that game at all so i had to trade it in at gamestop and i bought the show, and i knew it was good cus i had it the year before but to me there is no comparison between the two games, but thats just my opinion. give me the show over 2k any day of the week

That's the thing though, I think it's just a preference or what one you are used to. I know alot of people like NFL2K over Madden and I think Madden is better and it's not even close. You could be right though. I'll have to see some reviews when they come out I think.

This game looks sick! Very pissed that it's not gonna be available for 360. Has anyone played The Bigs? Thoughts?

Here's a thing about the graphics of MLB 07 that I find funny. It's cool that dirt gets kicked up when players run around the infield, but the chunks of dirt tend to look like turds! It makes me not want to slide when I see those turds flying around!

Here's a thing about the graphics of MLB 07 that I find funny. It's cool that dirt gets kicked up when players run around the infield, but the chunks of dirt tend to look like turds! It makes me not want to slide when I see those turds flying around!

haha lmao, hopefully it wont be like that in 08.

Oh, question about 2K. My fav part about playing the Season mode of MLB: The Show is making trades. For ex., I've been managing the Yankees & traded Doug Mientkiewicz & Andy Phillips to MINN for Justin Morneau & Matt Garza. Can you manage the team & make trades as well in the 2K game?