Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HighLanderZ

MLB 08: The Show / MLB 2K8

I just threw a perfect game with Felix Hernandez. It was epic and intense.

Struck out the last 11 batters to finish with 17 Ks

The last out was Chase Utley and it just took forever to get him out. 12 pitches it took to strike him out. That is the most I have ever thrown to a batter

My first perfect game/no hitter ever!!!

I just threw a perfect game with Felix Hernandez. It was epic and intense.

Struck out the last 11 batters to finish with 17 Ks

The last out was Chase Utley and it just took forever to get him out. 12 pitches it took to strike him out. That is the most I have ever thrown to a batter

My first perfect game/no hitter ever!!!

Nice, I got really close to a no-hitter with Beckett. Man that curve was snapping, but somewhere in the area of 7th or 8th it got broken up. I ended up with 14 K's and only allowing the lone hit.

Nice, I got really close to a no-hitter with Beckett. Man that curve was snapping, but somewhere in the area of 7th or 8th it got broken up. I ended up with 14 K's and only allowing the lone hit.

You have no idea how many close calls I have. I have like 30, no lie, close calls that made it into the 8th.

Holy epicness...two things happened:

1. I just broke the single game strikeout record with Josh Beckett. He had 21 Ks. I went the first 5 innings I and got 15 strikeouts. The remaining 6 Ks were spread amongst the last 4 innings and they were freakin hard to get man especially with your hands shaking, oh man it was sexy.

2. I got the 700th home run with A-Rod in the same game...3-R HR baby!

MVP 05 >>>

That reminds me. I recently won the world series in my dynasty on MVP 05. Tightest squad ever.

C- Robby Hammock

1B- Albert Pujols

2B- Alfonso Soriano

SS- Bobby Crosby

3B- Hank Blalock

LF- Carl Crawford

CF- B.J. Upton

RF- John Mabry

SP- Jeff Weaver

SP- Bartolo Colon

SP- Brian Anderson

SP- Zach Day

SP- Daniel Cabrera

It would be hard to create a video game franchise that matched the tightness of that squad.

That reminds me. I recently won the world series in my dynasty on MVP 05. Tightest squad ever.

C- Robby Hammock

1B- Albert Pujols

2B- Alfonso Soriano

SS- Bobby Crosby

3B- Hank Blalock

LF- Carl Crawford

CF- B.J. Upton

RF- John Mabry

SP- Jeff Weaver

SP- Bartolo Colon

SP- Brian Anderson

SP- Zach Day

SP- Daniel Cabrera

It would be hard to create a video game franchise that matched the tightness of that squad.

I have won 4 straight World Series, about to have 5 with this squad

C - John Buck

1B - Ryan Howard

2B - David Wright

3B - Mark Teixeira

SS - Alex Rodriguez

LF - Carl Crawford

CF - Andruw Jones

RF - Jeff Francouer

DH - Travis Hafner

SP - Kerry Wood, Josh Beckett, Felix Hernandez, John Patterson, Matt Cain

RP - Jonathan Papelbon, Ambiorix Burgos, Jason Frasor

CL - Craig Hansen

MVP 05 >>>

Oh and you made an error with this post, here I will fix it

MLB The Show >>> MVP 05

I recently pitched a perfect game with Lincecum in MLB2K8, with 20Ks. Fun stuff...but I would expect more of a reaction from the announcers/crowd. What's the reaction like when this happens in The Show?

I recently pitched a perfect game with Lincecum in MLB2K8, with 20Ks. Fun stuff...but I would expect more of a reaction from the announcers/crowd. What's the reaction like when this happens in The Show?

Higher voice volumes from the announcers, thats all

the best ive done was a 19k game with beckett...like you darc, i went the first 5 innings with 15ks but after that it was damn near impossible to strike out people lol

the best ive done was a 19k game with beckett...like you darc, i went the first 5 innings with 15ks but after that it was damn near impossible to strike out people lol

Yea, I love how you just own people, and then all of a sudden they start to put them in play

MLB The Show must be porgrammed to have the opposing team just break out a little in the 5th inning. I can typically cruise along pitching until the 5th, where I may suffer from bloop hits, errors, etc.

MLB The Show must be porgrammed to have the opposing team just break out a little in the 5th inning. I can typically cruise along pitching until the 5th, where I may suffer from bloop hits, errors, etc.

yea thats the same thing with me. with any pitcher to, not just beckett, but lester and wakefield, whoever i use.