Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rakmjn1

Jusuf Nurkic 2014-2015 Season Outlook

last two games - 27 rebs 43 mins 10 offensive

preseason I know but the kid may be something?

Pelton liked him - #3 overall I believe

I am tracking him for sure in dynasty formats. # 2 center in a historically deep draft after Embiid, I think flying under the radar due to current situation (Mozgov + Javale). I have heard comparisons to Pekovic but I think he has much more upside due to better athleticism thus more BLK potential. I like his offensive potential he has very solid ft% which hopefully long term will translate into a decent midrange game.

Already snatched him up in a 20 team keeper league

kid is 19 and will be a star, hes a beast on the boards and has nice offensive touch.

Mozgov and Mcgee are not the answer at centre for the Nuggets, Nurkic is their future

He will have a rookie season similair to Gorgui Dieng I think, with some monster games and a big finish after the All Star break

Mozgov and Mcgee are not the answer at centre for the Nuggets, Nurkic is their future

He will have a rookie season similair to Gorgui Dieng I think, with some monster games and a big finish after the All Star break

So you're predicting that by the end of the season this guy will be the Nuggets starting C?

I seem to remember reading that he's a good free throw shooter but he's only 2-8 in preseason so far. Just the jitters?

15 points in 14 minutes..alright, I'll admit it - I'm interested

15 points in 14 minutes..alright, I'll admit it - I'm interested

He also fouled out. I'm still keeping an eye on it, but he's got a learning curve against him there. On Wednesday he had 5 fouls in 18 minutes, so it's worth keeping an eye on.

His boards have been solid (tonight excluded), but do we expect anything else from him- what are his stocks numbers?

So you're predicting that by the end of the season this guy will be the Nuggets starting C?

Decent chance of that

Mozgov is just a stop gap, and McGee is horrible and injured

Nurkic will be an All Star one day, hes a better version of Pekovic

Has ways to go. Nice talent but not very efficient on D so far. He has amazing speed for a big guy though. Especially footwork.

This was the name I turned to in Round 2 of my rookie drafts this year, roster space permitting.

I think we've seen other players like Jusuf have moderate success in the league, so I have some comfort labeling him more than a longshot to return value in deeper leagues. Nuggets aren't exactly secure down low with McGee (hurt), Mozgov (average), and JJ Hickson (hurt and suspended).

I am expecting Nurkic to be a somewhere between Mozgov+ and Pekovic+. I think he is going to be at least worth something.

This guy is the real deal. Last night's line 4 pts. 9 reb 2 STL 2 BLK in only 18 minutes. It is preseason but all of his minutes came against DeAndre and Griffin and Hawes and not against scrub LAC backups.

A couple of takeaways from what I saw:

• Nurkic has been compared to Pekovic but IMO this is a highly flawed comparison. Nurkic is unusually nimble and agile for a guy this size. What I look for in a big man is can he rebound outside of his area? Can he switch in the pick and roll? Can he get up and down the court? Nurkic will be an elite rebounder in this league due to his elite combination of size and wingspan to go with unusual quickness and athleticism that belie his impressive size and bulk
  • Advanced skill, instincts and basketball IQ for a 20 year old supposed to be a raw prospect. Impressive court vision and made several touch passes, also not afraid to face up and shoot from 15-18 feet out.
  • this is an intangible, but he's got a bit of competitive fire. This kid went toe to toe with DeAndre and Blake and matched them physically. He was not in awe, even drew a tech on DeAndre. Has brings a bit of cockiness and swag to his game, looks like he belongs

I believe people will regret passing on him and letting him fall all the way to #16, he looks like a top 5 pick in this draft.

As far his immediate fantasy value, I am keeping my expectations in check with Mozgov and a deep Denver frontcourt, so I think he will struggle to get 15 minutes as a rookie. But long term he is better than Mozgov and it's not even close. It wouldn't surprise me if they gave McGee a lot of run when (if?) healthy so they can trade Mozgov and / or McGee and turn Nurkic loose.

the Nuggets will do eveything they can to ship out McGee, his contract is terrible though for such a below average and dumb player

Nurkic is the man, and he will get minutes

Expecting some huge post All Star break numbers from the Bosnian Bear

Jusuf Nurkic is a better dynasty C to target than Adams BTW. Great low post scorer, rebounder and he gets them STOCKS while hitting above 70% from the line. Will take him several years, but he'll be worth the investment. Thankfully the Nuggets don't have any long term players at C so they should focus on developing Nurkic to eventually supplant Mozgov/McGee as the full time starter.

As I posted a couple of months ago, this guy is going to be the real deal. He has the ability to score, rebound, hit free throws, get steals and block shots. A future fantasy stud at C and a star in the NBA.

watchin this kid and you can tell hes going to be special

the sooner Denver ship McGees a** out the better

His rebounding rate is elite in his short time period. Would love to see what this kid could do with about 20-25 minutes a game. My guess is that he could average 10 rebounds with a little more time.

Kept them in the game in the last quarter

Hes a 5 game veteran rookie and already a better player than Mozgo and Mcgee combined

I give it til January before he is playing 28 minutes per game, and dominating

Three posts in a row, am I the only one high on this kid?

Jusuf Nurkic impressed against Cleveland on Friday when he scored 10 points on 5-of-6 shooting to go with four rebounds and a steal in just 16 minutes.

If you watched him in preseason, then you already know about his rebounding prowess. Nurkic has a bright future and owners in deep leagues should definitely take notice. The Nuggets have two centers ahead of him on the depth chart right now in Timofey Mozgov and JaVale McGee, but if one of the two goes down with an injury or gets traded, Nurkic becomes an immediate pickup.

A dynasty pick, probably useless for this season unless some major injuries or trades happen

he made boneheaded plays, like put his hand on the rim after someone's made shot so they took it away... i question whether he should have been out there in the final minutes of the game..

his per 36 numbers look pretty excellent, keeping in mind you should always temper per 36 numbers when looking at a player who is averaging 11 mins as they are typically unrealistic.

right now his per 36 numbers are:

17 PTS, 15 REB, 1.9 AST, 0.6 STL, 2.6 BLK, 5.5 TO

his per 36 numbers look pretty excellent, keeping in mind you should always temper per 36 numbers when looking at a player who is averaging 11 mins as they are typically unrealistic.

right now his per 36 numbers are:

17 PTS, 15 REB, 1.9 AST, 0.6 STL, 2.6 BLK, 5.5 TO

11,8 PF which will prevent him from playing substantial minutes for the forseeable future. I'm sitting on a fence whether to keep him or D. Schroeder as my young prospect in dynasty.

scored 6 points with 5 rebounds and 1 ast in 7 minutes today. Kids per minute production is insane. As you say he just needs to get those fouls in check but i expect that will improve with experience. given i play in a 10 keeper dynasty league i will be holding onto him, this guy has the potential to be vastly superior to both Mcgee and Mozgov.

Hell the team drafted him intending to play him in the D-league all year, but his summer league play and continued dominant performances in limited minutes are forcing them to get him on the court. All positive signs.