Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

s-kayos

Vent & Rant Thread 2014-2015 Season

I play in a league with two IR slots. Cool huh? Only problem is that half of my team is eligible for those two slots..

Calderon down, Westbrook down, Lin sucks, JR sucks, Drummond is still on summer break mode and Martin on limited minutes. Great start in the season.

Missing out on FAs because ESPN is asleep and won't change Calderon from DTD to O... ffs.

Same deal with Butler for me.. But it's on the NBA teams, not ESPN. They just take the designations from teams. However, I guess I don't understand the advantage of designating a guy as DTD instead of O, since an injured player can miss as little as 1 game with an O designation. And you can have 2 or 3 guys listed as O at a time, so it's not like they're tight for space- NY doesn't have anyone else listed O. At least that's what I recall about the NBA rules, maybe I'm mistaken.

I was hoping Butler would get it, even if he surprises and comes back on the short end of his prognosis. Would have been nice to have that roster spot for the first week! Instead he and Reggie are on my bench.

http://espn.go.com/nba/injuries

Edit: upon researching the rules a bit, maybe there's an issue with healthy inactives and short-term injuries counting the same towards the inactive list. Not sure

I'm pretty sure I've cursed the Thunder and Pacers by owning their players. Lost Paul George in the offseason, then Kevin Durant, and now George Hill and Reggie Jackson in the same day. I still have Westbrook so if he gets hurt, my bad!

Dude... post the rest of your roster so I know what to avoid!

Losing FT% category against a FT% punter when my worst FT shooter is Al Jefferson. How's this possible? Hopefully Drummond and DeAndre get hacked more...

Got offered Gay for Hayward. Declined and countered with a greedy offer of my Dirk/Hayward for Love/Gay; owner ends up trading Gay for Thad. Gay explodes for 40 and looks like he's finally found his niche in Sac town -_-. Good thing it's only week 1 and we all have plenty of time to improve our franchises.

Officially missed out on "selling high" with Elfrid Payton for George Hill because ESPN wouldn't give Jose Calderon "O" status.

Had the trade going for 3 days and couldn't make the trade until I swapped McRoberts out for Calderon in my IR spot.

Trade expired, finally got Calderon's status a day later, and then I re-propose the trade..immediately declined.

Ergh. So disappointed.

Officially missed out on "selling high" with Elfrid Payton for George Hill because ESPN wouldn't give Jose Calderon "O" status.

Had the trade going for 3 days and couldn't make the trade until I swapped McRoberts out for Calderon in my IR spot.

Trade expired, finally got Calderon's status a day later, and then I re-propose the trade..immediately declined.

Ergh. So disappointed.

Thats annoying. If theres ever something wrong in ESPN like that, I recommend calling them and just acting like it's the most important thing in fantasy basketball right now. Pretty often the put in a note to someone who handles it. It often expedites the process. Obviously would be nice if they just did it on their own. I too had Calderon and a FAAB process on Friday and needed the extra spot, but they got it done in time.

Always annoying: When your player takes that 50+ foot 3pointer at the end of the quarter. Especially with fg% on the line.

Ergh. So disappointed.

Well your sell high window is back open.

My team has no chance of victory this year, its underperforming so bad (cept davis and ariza). Will think about what to do.

oh.... my.... ********..... god

BY FAR!!!!! THE WORST MOVE IN FANTASY HISTORY!!!

I dropped Brandon Jennings for OJ ******** Mayo!!!

Jennings gets 18 and 9 assists (after two consecutive 4 point and "minimal other stat" games)

OJ Mayo s---'s the bed, shoots 14% for 3 points, 2 rebounds and 1 assist (after a 25 point 5 three pointer, 5 assist game)

Wed - Beverley goes out (DTD)

Thu - Westbrook goes out (4 Week Min)

Fri - McDaniels goes out (back to action)

Sat - Young goes out (Status Unknown)

Sun - MKG goes out (Status Unknown)

Are you effing kidding me???????

oh.... my.... ********..... god

BY FAR!!!!! THE WORST MOVE IN FANTASY HISTORY!!!

I dropped Brandon Jennings for OJ ******** Mayo!!!

Jennings gets 18 and 9 assists (after two consecutive 4 point and "minimal other stat" games)

OJ Mayo ****'s the bed, shoots 14% for 3 points, 2 rebounds and 1 assist (after a 25 point 5 three pointer, 5 assist game)

GG. Why on earth would you drop jennings after 2 games?

My team has no chance of victory this year, its underperforming so bad (cept davis and ariza). Will think about what to do.

dude, it's the first week

Lost this week 8-1. Ouch

Looks like I'm going to lose 7-1 this week. "Ouch" is right!

Sad thing is that I really didn't have that bad a week. My team certainly didn't perform as well as I expected, but I'm middle of the pack in everything but %s. Only getting one good game from LeBron, as well as waiting out injuries with Jimmy and Reggie, just left me short on quality games. The team I played has a real good owner, definitely respect his roster construction. His guys all got off to great starts, and he definitely deserved to win big.. I just wish it wasn't against me!

Went from 8-1 to 6-3 in the last few minutes of the game but that's fine. My league has a FAAB system so I lost out on MKG, Teletovic (after he was dropped earlier in the week) and even Ed Davis. I won on the scoreboard this week but I think I will have lost in the long run. Bad week.

Which combo?

Teague & Klay or Conley & Matthews?

- I drafted Conley over Klay & Matthews over Teague.

$$$, 10team, 9-cat. H2H, Redraft

PG: Conley, IT2, Lin, RJax

SG: Matthews, Butler

SF: Batum, Parsons

PF: Ibaka, Favors, West

C: Cousins, Noel

IR:

Damian Lilliard in the second round is looking like straight up garbage, passed up on Lowry, Klay Thompson, Teague, Stephenson, Ellis and a million other guards who will be better this season... What an overrated punk, Portland will get bounced in the first round this year, heard it here first....

Damian Lilliard in the second round is looking like straight up garbage, passed up on Lowry, Klay Thompson, Teague, Stephenson, Ellis and a million other guards who will be better this season... What an overrated punk, Portland will get bounced in the first round this year, heard it here first....

i can see taking lowry and even klay ahead of him in the 2nd, but dame is 100% the correct pick over teague, stephenson, and ellis in that round.