Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fantasick

Terrible trade offers 2014-2015

Draft just finished last week and players have cleared waivers. Now someone just offered a freshly picked Morrow for my KJ McD. I'm aware of KD's injury and Morrow maybe a beneficiary but come on. I'd rather live with a probable bust (but i believe the potential is great and closer to actuality) than that.

just curious how do u guys usually trade? do u guys talk to the owners first or just propose a trade on ur fantasy platforms

in serious money leagues where I usually know the other owners, I'll typically send an email with an "I'm interested in your player A, and was looking to offer my player B, or perhaps player C, thoughts?"

I find it much easier to get negotiations started, and a deal made if I send an email first, and try to gauge what the other party likes.

I usually use this process/method, and often works.

1. Make an offer for the trade that I really want.
2. Cancel the trade, but it will notify the manager.
3. After a while he will ask why I cancel, i'll say i've given up too much.
4. Make another semi-low ball offer. If he accept, great! If not (and usually doesn't), they usually say something like "i like your first offer"
5. Make the first offer again :D
6. Everybody happy! :)

But it differs from each person though. It also helps if you know the manager :)

Mine is ironic. I offer a terrible trade with the player i want to get their attention but have a message with it saying the whole deal. That way, he can offer it if he wants, offer a different one, or reject it (hopefully with a good message, too) right then and there. Back-and-forth offer-reoffer until we like it or reach an impasse.

Draft just finished last week and players have cleared waivers. Now someone just offered a freshly picked Morrow for my KJ McD. I'm aware of KD's injury and Morrow maybe a beneficiary but come on. I'd rather live with a probable bust (but i believe the potential is great and closer to actuality) than that.

I've been offered Iman Shumpert for KJ in dynasty lol.

Worst offer I received so far was Henderson+Vonleh for Tyson Chandler. Redraft league so you can't even argue on upside, and I would have had to drop Dieng. Smh

^Actually forgot about the wonderful offers I received last summer in my 9cat keeper league..

- TJones for Vucevic or Deandre

- Lance Stephenson for Vucevic

- Tyreke or Brandon Knight for Wiggins

I got offered C.J. Miles and Martell Webster for Rajon Rondo in an 8-cat. dynasty league two months ago. Smh. (The guy who made the offer is actually a great user on these forums. Not sure where that offer came from though lol.)

Also offered Eric Bledsoe, Gerald Green, & Tiago Splitter for Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, & Mirza Teletovic in the same league over the off-season.

One of the best I received, it's a 30 team 9 cat dynasty

Danny Green + JJ Redick + a future 2nd rounder
for my
Kawhi Leonard + Favors

Maybe he was just drunk when he sent it. :)

Was just sent an offer of his Marc Gasol and MCW for my Anthony Davis. Not even sure I can try countering that.

Was just offered Bosh/McBob for my Anthony Davis/JR Smith.......Speechless

Recently was offered Joe Johnson and Manu for my Valanciunas and Reggie Jackson in dynasty.

But this is the worst i've seen. In a redraft league, just yesterday, one GM offered Dwight Howard for CP3. And it got accepted. Was vetoed in hours. Then he tried that same deal, again accepted, and vetoed hours later. Then he had the nerve to get mad and explain how fair the deal was for both sides. Smh.

just curious how do u guys usually trade? do u guys talk to the owners first or just propose a trade on ur fantasy platforms

I usually e-mail the other GM, specially if it involves multiple players and picks, send him my trade idea and ask him what he thinks. I tell him if he likes it "Let's do this!" or just send me a counter-offer.

^My bad. It's Marc Gasol not Jo-Val and Jackson.

Normally just a lurker but had to create an account to share this.

His Kelly Olynyk and Kenneth Faried

For

My James Harden

There are no words.

Was just sent an offer of his Marc Gasol and MCW for my Anthony Davis. Not even sure I can try countering that.

it's a bad offer but not terrible... arc gasol is steal a borderline 1st rounder

I was sent my Dwight, Teague and Payton for his Davis, Walker and Turner.

Guess if I accepted or not.

Well this is a good one for you.... Davis >> Howard ... Teague = Walker and Payton >> Turner... but the gap between Davis and DH12 is bigger so I hope you accepted

btw this is not terrible, I mean he's dumb but at least it's not your Tegue for his Davis

Well this is a good one for you.... Davis >> Howard ... Teague = Walker and Payton >> Turner... but the gap between Davis and DH12 is bigger so I hope you accepted

btw this is not terrible, I mean he's dumb but at least it's not your Tegue for his Davis

Yeah, I agree.

I accepted and he's now regretting it.

wth? Thats not a terrible offer. I would actually LOVE to have that offer. You're getting AD without having to trade a first rounder? Kidding me?