Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JeterPimpedUrGF

Dustin McGowan

This guy was ranked among the top 50 prospects of quite a few experts coming into the 2006 season and he was a huge disappointment in the big show. Basically my question is how good a prospect would you rate him now. He has done real well so far in the minors this year and has just gotten promoted again. Is he worth it or will he just not cut it in the big leagues. Any help is appreciated.

This guy was ranked among the top 50 prospects of quite a few experts coming into the 2006 season and he was a huge disappointment in the big show. Basically my question is how good a prospect would you rate him now. He has done real well so far in the minors this year and has just gotten promoted again. Is he worth it or will he just not cut it in the big leagues. Any help is appreciated.

Never heard of him.

former #1 pitching prospect in the blue jays organization, in fact he was once considered the #1 overall prospect for toronto. he throws his fastball in the mid 90s and has an assortment of pitches including a solid slider to go wit ha change and curve. he got called up last yr and didnt really get a chance to start. he maybe had 1 or 2 starts but spent most of the year in the bullpen where he struggled with his command.

most people consider him a bust already even though he's only 25. hes got natural ability and a good enough arsenal of pitches, he just doesnt know how to throw strikes.

maybe you could take a flier on him in larger AL-only leagues or really deep mixed leagues, but i dont expect much.

Is he related to Rose McGowan? That would be cool.

I've tried to follow McGowan the best I can...had him towards the end of the season two years ago, expecting to keep him before his ERA ballooned to 6something. He's got excellent stuff, and solid run support with the Jays, but I think it's the combination of the great AL East lineups along with the constant movement between majors/minors and rotation/bullpen that are holding him down. He's gotta take advantage of this oppurtunity, though, or his career could head towards the "bust" category. Pressure's on IMO.

Never heard of him.

So if u havent heard of him, why reply? Further more why reply with lame comments like askin if hes related to Rose. I mean really talk about senseless.

So if u havent heard of him, why reply? Further more why reply with lame comments like askin if hes related to Rose. I mean really talk about senseless.

Jeter, i think thats the second time I've heard you say somethin like that in these forums...take it easy.

I know of Dustin McGowan, he's always been sort of a let down. He'll probably end up as an okay middle reliever but that's it. Casey Janssen has a much better chance of succeeding in the bigs.

with ryan out for the yr, do you think the jays will give mcgowan a shot to close anytime?

hes got good stuff but i dont think he can hold his command as a starter. maybe he'd be much better utilized as a closer.