Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nick75niel

Rudy Gobert 2014-2015 Season Outlook

I doubt he and Favors will play a lot together.

Kanter and Booker will play the faceup 4 role to spread the floor and Favors/Gobert will be the center

I think as a 3rd big for the Jazz, Gobert will probably play 20-25 min a game

Favors and Kanter are locks in the starting lineup

20 rebounds in only 22 minutes is very very impressive. Definitely should be watched in all dynasty leagues. I'm all over Gobert if Favors or Kanter goes down with an injury.

Per-36 stats last season: 8.6 pts, 12.9 rebounds, 3.4 blks, 48.6% FG, 49.2% FT

awesome per minute dude but wont get mins, to raw still... on offense specially. unless favors or kanter go down for season he wont be penciled in for that much.

Is Kanter really that much of sure thing as a starter? I take the point that he is better offensively than Gobert, but it's not like he has performed at a high level when given the opportunity last year...

I really like this guy a lot in dynasty leagues. I have him in a few and will ride it out for years if thats what it takes. He reminds me a lot of a young serge Ibaka. He needs to refine his skill set offensively but he is already a menace on the glass and protecting the rim. Has a chance to be a dynamic player in 1-2 years. He's the likely long term fit next to Favors and certainly not Kanter

His only problem is that he'll destroy your FT%. However, maybe with the increasing number of players with bad FT% (Drummond, Jordan, Noel), it shouldn't matter much if you have one bad FT shooter, since most teams will also have some.

Is Kanter really that much of sure thing as a starter? I take the point that he is better offensively than Gobert, but it's not like he has performed at a high level when given the opportunity last year...

I agree. Kanter has looked great in flashes but overall, he hasn't been great since being granted an opportunity for a larger role. I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that Gobert could potentially eat into his minutes.

3 more blks tonight. kanter was getting nervous so he had to throw a bunch of points on the board

Is this guy worth a hold in standard 12 man leagues?

I'm good with blocks and Copeland is on waivers. ..I'm tempted to make the switch.

Is this guy worth a hold in standard 12 man leagues?

I'm good with blocks and Copeland is on waivers. ..I'm tempted to make the switch.

Thats exactly where I am right now too

3 more blks tonight. kanter was getting nervous so he had to throw a bunch of points on the board

Hahaha I could definitely picture that as Kanter's thought process, Gobert was definitely breathing down his neck after that 20 rebound game!

Mighty tempted to drop Tristan Thompson for this guy. At the rate he's blocking shots, we might have found ourselves a gem, IF he keeps it up.

This guy will be a beast. Scoop him up now, I would too if I wasn't punting blks. Could be Larry Sanders of couple years ago.

I doubt he sees significant minutes unless there's a Kanter, or Favors injury.

I am thinking of dropping McDaniels for him. He'll be great if he plays 25mins per game.

I am thinking of dropping McDaniels for him. He'll be great if he plays 25mins per game.

The key question is, will he play those 25 minutes per game? Outside of any injuries to the two top starters, I don't know whether he'll get that much play time.

this guy needs minutes. all i need is 25 out of him a night. Maybe even 20. He is among the leagues best at rebounding and blocks per 48. If Favors or Kanter goes down, the birds will be singing and descending down on this heavenly player.

That coach hates Kanter. He was always on the bench last year. I wouldn't be surprised if Gobert got some decent run once Kanter's lack of defense shows.

That coach hates Kanter. He was always on the bench last year. I wouldn't be surprised if Gobert got some decent run once Kanter's lack of defense shows.

They got a new coach this season.

Except for THAT coach is no longer actually the coach.